Luke & Leia in Sunday papers

For discussions about everything Star Wars that's not related to just one particular film....

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

dranoel
Site Admin

Luke & Leia in Sunday papers

Post by dranoel » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:41 am

Page 2 of the papers features people with famous celebrity names. You would expect to find a Star Wars reference in the article... and yes, they have included Luke & Leia, the fraternal twins of... our forum member, vector_prime :)

mosske

Re: Luke & Leia in Sunday papers

Post by mosske » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:06 pm

Dranoel wrote:Page 2 of the papers features people with famous celebrity names. You would expect to find a Star Wars reference in the article... and yes, they have included Luke & Leia, the fraternal twins of... our forum member, vector_prime :)
Actually they were at STCC and we(sandtroopers) took a couple of photos with them. The dad was so proud when he told us his kids, who were twins were named Luke and Leia! :)
They also played Droid Hunt and with us and won a Vader lightsaber... The one in the article photo might be the one. lol

Let me see if I can find the pics...not sure if I have a copy.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

Zul

SW Namesakes

Post by Zul » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:47 am

Hmmm..........yesterday's article about naming children after celebrities inspired me. Of course if I were to have any children, I would give them SW character namesakes like vector_prime's.

For instance :lol: :-

- the ugly greedy one is Greedo
- the lazy fat slob is Jabba
- the smart alec is Yoda
- the one who manipulates truth is Ben Kenobi
- the good-looking one is named Han Solo
And so on and so forth..........
"Size matters not.Look at me.Judge me by my size,do you?Hmm? And well you should not.For my ally is the Force.And a powerful ally it is.Life creates it,makes it grow.Its energy surrounds us and binds us.Luminous beings are we,not this crude matter..."

spiffmeister

Post by spiffmeister » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:57 pm

Who'll be Jar Jar Binks?

hahaha!

AquaFire

Post by AquaFire » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:52 pm

Maybe the one who can't say "I" in a sentence, and instead replaces it with a "mesa". :D
Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, n'jurkad!
Watch my back and I'll watch yours, ner vod.
I'll do requests for clone signatures...

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:06 pm

Dranoel wrote:Page 2 of the papers features people with famous celebrity names. You would expect to find a Star Wars reference in the article... and yes, they have included Luke & Leia, the fraternal twins of... our forum member, vector_prime :)
Thanks dranoel for the thread...been a long time since I posted..but I do dropby once a week to catch up with stuff & get updated :)

mosske wrote:Actually they were at STCC and we(sandtroopers) took a couple of photos with them. The dad was so proud when he told us his kids, who were twins were named Luke and Leia! :)
They also played Droid Hunt and with us and won a Vader lightsaber... The one in the article photo might be the one. lol

Let me see if I can find the pics...not sure if I have a copy.

Yeah...we met U guys there & the twins were so excited...& yeah the one in the article is the same lightsabre Luke won at the STCC hehe...thanks to you guys :wink:

Here's few pics of us at STCC & me alone at the Clone Wars Screening...sorry I didnt recognise who's who in the costumes...only know bro GetzJedi since meeting him at the SW Exhibition at the Science Centre a few years back :)

[/img]
* You should be more concerned with character than reputation because character is who you are, while reputation is merely what others think.

=PATIENCE HAS IT's REWARDS=

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:30 am

hey i know that guy in the pictures, hehe we go way back into the days of toy collecting, during the clark quay days..... :D
"The Darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities that some consider to be unnatural.....is it possible to learn those powers? YES, Not from a Jedi..."

mosske

Post by mosske » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:43 am

vector_prime wrote:...sorry I didnt recognise who's who in the costumes...only know bro GetzJedi since meeting him at the SW Exhibition at the Science Centre a few years back :)
Ok bro, here's a run-down just for you! :)

Pic 1: The sandtrooper with the orange pauldron is me. The other one is Erase from the forum.
Pic 3: The trooper in the black armor with red markings is Don Leow from the forum.
Pic 4: Me again as sandtrooper with orange pauldron. The stormtrooper is another member of the 501st legion.
Pic 5: The imperial officer is TK1705 from the forum.
Pic 6: The shocktrooper standing next to you is Darth Nacho from the forum.
Pic 7: And last but not least, Getzjedi

So now you know! :D
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:45 am

Red_5 wrote:hey i know that guy in the pictures, hehe we go way back into the days of toy collecting, during the clark quay days..... :D

The early Clarke Quay days bro...mid 90s to be exact...yeah we go a longway my fren :)

mosske wrote:
Ok bro, here's a run-down just for you! :)

Pic 1: The sandtrooper with the orange pauldron is me. The other one is Erase from the forum.
Pic 3: The trooper in the black armor with red markings is Don Leow from the forum.
Pic 4: Me again as sandtrooper with orange pauldron. The stormtrooper is another member of the 501st legion.
Pic 5: The imperial officer is TK1705 from the forum.
Pic 6: The shocktrooper standing next to you is Darth Nacho from the forum.
Pic 7: And last but not least, Getzjedi

So now you know! :D

haha...thanks bro...hope to see U guys in action again sometime :)

here's the original pic featured in the article :)

* You should be more concerned with character than reputation because character is who you are, while reputation is merely what others think.

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:14 am

vector_prime wrote:...only know bro GetzJedi since meeting him at the SW Exhibition at the Science Centre a few years back :)
Yes, vector. So when will you embrace your destiny as Vader? :twisted:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:05 pm

Cute
=)
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:10 pm

GetzJedi wrote:
vector_prime wrote:...only know bro GetzJedi since meeting him at the SW Exhibition at the Science Centre a few years back :)
Yes, vector. So when will you embrace your destiny as Vader? :twisted:
I wish I had time to commit bro...always wanted to be either lord vader or one of the new clones...hope to be able to one day :)

darthkimmy

Post by darthkimmy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:22 pm

Haha so cool! The article was AWESOME!

Return to “Everything Star Wars”