Space Month Theme at Tampines Library

For discussions about everything Star Wars that's not related to just one particular film....

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:39 am

danchia wrote:True , true ..... I'm sure GetzJedi was just joking too . :)
What did I say??? :(
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:48 am

GetzJedi wrote:
danchia wrote:True , true ..... I'm sure GetzJedi was just joking too . :)
What did I say??? :(
Actually, I don't really know . LOL :shock: :oops: :D

Hey GetzJedi , when can we meet to look at your cool car and take photos of it ? :D :D :D

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:53 am

danchia wrote:Hey GetzJedi , when can we meet to look at your cool car and take photos of it ? :D :D :D
I should be done fixing it up within this week... All it needs thereafter is to shed its Tatooine look... :lol:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:34 pm

i have no idea where my intial anti-trekkie sentiments came from. might be due to back then when i started getting hardcore about starwars back in sec sch... finding out that the fan base for st in US seems more prominient.. the fact the fans have their own term in the dictionary and all.. i guess so.

but that saturday erased everything away. *poof* i certainly did not expect them to actually any st costume to begin with. respect man. and they got it mass tailored at a costume shop i used to patronized as well, which made for small interesting costume discussion. nice ppl to talk with, some having even been around, met mark hamil in person and all. i think it was victor, cant really remember his name. tall fella. REALLY tall. we're talking chewbacca tall. i swear i dun mind getting ppl to pool money together so we could get him to be chewie..

lastly, they were nicer to us, then we initially did to them, haha. they even gave us an origami model of an x-wing. that simply won me over. (friendship and non-hostilities of coz, haha, i still firstly and foremost a sw fan)

oh and desmond and lhs1701, i thought u guys were starting to get loggerheads or something. so i had to try to diffuse the situation, hahahhaa

and i agree, i dun mind have joint activities in the future..

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:44 pm

Faiz wrote:oh and desmond and lhs1701, i thought u guys were starting to get loggerheads or something. so i had to try to diffuse the situation, hahahhaa
FaizImageGetzJedi
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:22 pm

LOL . Those are the funniest icons I've seen in a long time ! :D

Faiz wrote:but that saturday erased everything away. *poof* i certainly did not expect them to actually any st costume to begin with. respect man. and they got it mass tailored at a costume shop i used to patronized as well, which made for small interesting costume discussion. nice ppl to talk with, some having even been around, met mark hamil in person and all. i think it was victor, cant really remember his name. tall fella. REALLY tall. we're talking chewbacca tall. i swear i dun mind getting ppl to pool money together so we could get him to be chewie...
That would be Jonathan . Boy, he is tall . When I first met him, he was seated behind the display table. Then as we were talking , he stood up , and suddenly I felt like Mark Hamil as Luke Skywalker in EP4 . Short. LOL :lol:

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:28 pm

haha. okie. yeah he's TALL..

desmond: -.-"

DarthCrovus

Space Month Theme at Tampines Library

Post by DarthCrovus » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:03 pm

hahahah seriously Faiz, I think you might have seriously misunderstood the whole situation. There was no hositility on EITHER side of the fence. Any that went on was FRIENDLY RIVARLY. Meaning, yes we acknowledged the rivarly does exist something ELSE, and we're making fun of the rivarly.

Everything time I walked over to the Trekies table, I end up doing something fun WITH them, not at them. If i did, there will not be the crossover pic. I remembered I walked over and one of them went "ahhh don't kill me with your lightsaber" and i replied "live long and prosper" (so sue me! =))

heh not everybody is anti-ST, I think you might think that, that's why everytime someone say something a little "anti-ish" you might think there's rivarly going on. There isn't, take me from the guy who went "die trekkies" (in a joking manner) only to sit down and have coffee with the same guys only mins later. Like I said in the other forums. A little joking fun on the rivarly issue is fine, as long as there is respect for both groups. It's when there's a lack of respect that causes problem. If anything, I respect the ST people, they are just, if not more, passionate about their show. Kudos, Trekkies. *bows to the Star Trek group at the libary.

Besides, a Jedi is not aggressive, a Jedi is peace loving. =)

Just my 2cents worth.

*But I do know of SOME people who really take it too far.

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:33 pm

hahahha yeah u cleared that up in our forum.
i understand perfectly..

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:55 pm

Faiz wrote:haha. okie. yeah he's TALL..
Some of our Trekkies are indeed tall ... and big ... :roll:

http://www.startrek.com.sg/news2005/cny-02.jpg
http://www.startrek.com.sg/news2005/sw-1.jpg
http://www.startrek.com.sg/news2005/pball-21.jpg
http://www.startrek.com.sg/news2004/chalet41.jpg
scale for comparison: My height is only 1.75m ... :(

But size doesn't matters, most importantly, we are all fans ... and many are fans of both Star Trek and Star Wars! :D
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:54 pm

Faiz wrote:haha. okie. yeah he's TALL..

desmond: -.-"
Size matters not.
:lol:

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:54 am

Great pictures ! THANKS !

I finally have figured out who's who , so it is nice to be able to put a face to your screen names !

Oh yeah, and Dr EMH..... your photo feature on the Space Month Event at Tampines Library on your website at www.startrek.com.sg is really great ! Thanks ! I enjoyed the story and the pictures ! :D

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:19 am

yup me too, dropped by there and now i noe who's who. oh yeah dan, one more thing. i was dressed up as obi-wan kenobi actually. i onli did mace windu at the taka cotune competition lol.

Return to “Everything Star Wars”