Interesting sighting

For discussions about everything Star Wars that's not related to just one particular film....

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

lhs1701

Interesting sighting

Post by lhs1701 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:52 am

My bus was passing a hotel this morning along Bras Basah Road. I think the hotel was Ritz Carlton.

I saw a man waving a "stick" which looks very much like a short or stunted red light saber from Star Wars. I think he was waving for taxi although I cannot be sure.

It was too late for me to take a photo with my phone as the bus moved along.

See if you can spot this if you are anywhere nearby.
Find, fix, finish

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:09 am

Correction: The hotel along Bras Basah is Carlton, a 4-star hotel ... Ritz-Carlton is in Marina Square, it's a 6-star hotel.

The handheld signal stick is much shorter than lightsaber, abt 1-feet long ... it's commonly used by construction site workers to direct traffic, or by hotel butler to call taxi for their guest ... it has been around for quite sometimes already.
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:03 pm

Some airport ground crew also use something similar to direct planes at night to park at the terminal.

Impulse

Re: Interesting sighting

Post by Impulse » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:09 pm

lhs1701 wrote:My bus was passing a hotel this morning along Bras Basah Road. I think the hotel was Ritz Carlton.

I saw a man waving a "stick" which looks very much like a short or stunted red light saber from Star Wars. I think he was waving for taxi although I cannot be sure.

It was too late for me to take a photo with my phone as the bus moved along.

See if you can spot this if you are anywhere nearby.
I think you just answered your question. :lol: Don't doubt. It's correct.

Return to “Everything Star Wars”