Wedding Themed Wedding Photo

For discussions about everything Star Wars that's not related to just one particular film....

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

swee

Wedding Themed Wedding Photo

Post by swee » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:33 pm

Hi, Anyone know where I can go to take a pofessional one in singapore?

GetzJedi

Re: Wedding Themed Wedding Photo

Post by GetzJedi » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:57 pm

swee wrote:Hi, Anyone know where I can go to take a pofessional one in singapore?
You mean a STAR WARS themed wedding photo? :?
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Lord_Angelus

Post by Lord_Angelus » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:17 pm

sounds like it leh... I saw one LOTR Wedding themed on the Singapore wedding mag... Very cool. :P and weird.

P.s
if you are looking for photograher :P PM me ^_^

swee

Post by swee » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:57 pm

Oh yes..Typo error... I only want the star wars wedding photo or anywhere that rent star wars costume.

Lord_Angelus

Post by Lord_Angelus » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:10 pm

swee wrote:Oh yes..Typo error... I only want the star wars wedding photo or anywhere that rent star wars costume.
there is a shop called "Costume One Shop" They rent star war costume

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:46 pm

Huh? Got meh? I know that there is No. 1 Costume Costume at No. 32 Aliwal Street but their range of SW Costume is limited as all ARE costume (even Vader and Stormie) and simplified so can be used for other "characters" too.

The last I check, they can give you Jedi without Tabbards (Obi can be arranged), Sith, AOTC Padme Fireside Dress aka Lucas Design dress, Vader Costume, Stormie Costume, Leia Ceremonial (similar, not exact), Queen Amidala (their version). They have a couple of SW Masks like Jar Jar, Maul, Nute Gunray, Vader, Stormie so can mix and match here and there.

Why their range of SW Costumes is not so good is because they didn't have authorization to make SW Costumes for rental so can't do exact replica to avoid being sued. Commission work is another story all together as it'll be for the client's "private" use. ;)

Another place that offers SW Costumes for rental will be Costumes & Macot at No. 784 North Bridge Road. But their costumes are based on the ones being released by Rubies or the ones they gotten from Rubies so choices is limited. All are costumes as usual. But due to their lower commission charges compared to No. 1 Costume Costume, many cosplayers go there to have their costumes done, including SW.

Foreigners House of Costume used to carry SW Costumes, also either Rubies ones or made to look like those made by Rubies but I haven't check it out lately after they moved to No. 49, Surin Ave according to Yellow Pages.

Lord_Angelus wrote:sounds like it leh... I saw one LOTR Wedding themed on the Singapore wedding mag... Very cool. :P and weird.
I got that article when a fellow TORC Singapore member pointed it to us at our last Moot/Meetup. IMHO, it was only LOTRish and for those not familiar with LOTR won't see much LOTR in it. Even the Groom and Bride Outfits are only 10-50% LOTRish.

Maybe we are comparing it too much to the Philippines one or others we had seen from other countries where they put in a good amount of LOTR Themes into it and the Bride & Groom outfits, plus others in the Wedding Party, if not exact replicas of the original costumes, follow the basic look of each race in LOTR so still look like belonging to the LOTR Universe. Ya, problem with the LOTR Movies, compared to SW is that each race had been given a specific design and color scheme by Ngila, WETA and Co.

Hmmm....so swee you are interested in seeing photos of others locally or foreign who had a SW Themed Wedding? For a start, check out this thread to see some photos of what The SITH OverLORD had at his wedding. ;)

viewtopic.php?t=1267&highlight=wedding

As for those from other countries, here are some I found previously. There are a few more, especially another Full-Fledge SW Themed Wedding (Bride in Queen Amidala Theed Gown, husband in Vader and they exchange Peace Globe with a "Treaty" of Trunce etc etc) but they are stuck in my almost dead Notebook.

Star Wars: A Jedi Wedding
http://www.geocities.com/jediwedding/

The Star Wars Wedding
http://www.erikstormtrooper.com/wedsw.htm

The Wedding of William and Nikki
http://tk861.com/wam%20wedding2003/wam% ... ng2003.htm

Couple has out of this world wedding, Star Wars style
http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_fullstory.asp?id=11632

erase

Post by erase » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:35 pm

wow haldir...thanks for sharing...me looking for this for very long... :D
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

swee

Post by swee » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:53 pm

Thanks Guys. I don't really want a star wars theme wedding. I wanted to take wedding photo dressed in star wars characters. Me in Padme Lake retreat gown with my "Anakin". Just for memory....

swee

Post by swee » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:58 pm

anyone know of any tailor that makes dresses like that gown.

Lord_Angelus

Post by Lord_Angelus » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:14 pm

swee wrote:anyone know of any tailor that makes dresses like that gown.
The auntly at peal center level 3 I think there is one that do Star wars at there

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:07 pm

Have you completed the Padme Lake Retreat Dress (errr....is it the Pastel/Rainbow Dress)? Cause that dress will require several metres of Chiffons (recommanded to be Silk) that had to be customed dyed and a lot of draping work. ;)

Ya, the Pearl Centre Aunty (Karen Fashion #03-K4) is recommanded but I'm not too sure if she can do this dress as it need lots of draping work and have some hard parts. Personally I'll go to a costume shop like No. 1 Costume Costume BUT their charges is very high and recommanded to provide your own materials to be happy with it later.

Return to “Everything Star Wars”