did you think it was weird when....

For discussions about everything Star Wars that's not related to just one particular film....

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

Lord_Angelus

did you think it was weird when....

Post by Lord_Angelus » Fri May 20, 2005 12:44 pm

vader at the ending part when he have his hetmal and etc on...

He sounds kind of funny. It is like when he ask for his wife... May be not use to him saiding that kind of stuff...

and I everytime think of the word vader... think mostly him wearing the hetmal.

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Fri May 20, 2005 12:51 pm

:?: i guess u mean the helmet?

The good thing is they did get James Earl Jones again to be the voice for Vader, so that provides consistency across Episodes 4,5,6

But I agree with you that at the moment in the movie, it took a bit of getting used to... cos as Vader rose from the table, I still pictured Hayden Christensen in that suit, rather than the Vader of the original trilogy.

His movements seemed a little clumsy too, but I guess that's forgiveable, taking into account he had just received new limbs :lol:

sanjaystones

Post by sanjaystones » Fri May 20, 2005 5:41 pm

It was great to get an inside view perspective of Vader's helmet...now we know what the scarred one sees from inside.
"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Sat May 21, 2005 12:44 am

hmmm... reminded me of how the Terminator looked through his eyes.

lewdini

Post by lewdini » Sat May 21, 2005 11:52 am

It really showed a more humane side to Vader. Fitting what Amidala and Luke said about there being some good in him
3 3/4 Completist!

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Sun May 22, 2005 1:14 am

Felt that it was not just Padme who lost the will to live, Anakin as well.

Knowing that he caused the demise of his most beloved, Anakin probably shut himself out and just did whatever Palpatine asked him to. Most of the time just hear the way Vader replied or spoke with Palpatine in the original trilogy. There was no fire or spirit that was once Anakin's traits.

Seeing how Luke was struggling and near death in ROTJ, it triggered the memory and vision that Anakin had of Padme, dying at childbirth. That striking similarity in vision, awoke the fire in Vader. Anakin couldn't save Padme, but with all his being, he knew he would not let his son die and made the ulitmate sacrifice.

Letting go of all anger, fear, hate, self-sacrificing, the will to protect and a father's love, reversed and undid all that the darkside of the force had corrupted. It was Anakin's redemption.

Yes, when the shroud of the darkside was lifted, we all knew just as Luke did, there was always some good in Anakin.

Tomcat

Post by Tomcat » Sun May 22, 2005 9:02 pm

jedi kai wrote:Letting go of all anger, fear, hate, self-sacrificing, the will to protect and a father's love, reversed and undid all that the darkside of the force had corrupted. It was Anakin's redemption.

Yes, when the shroud of the darkside was lifted, we all knew just as Luke did, there was always some good in Anakin.
Can we safely say that Anakin is still the chosen one who brings balance to the force after all, but juz at a later stage.
"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the force"

Return to “Everything Star Wars”