Unaltered Theatrical Versions of the Original Trilogy

For discussions about everything Star Wars that's not related to just one particular film....

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

JediJean

Post by JediJean » Tue May 09, 2006 6:46 pm

Commander Faie wrote:I still have the LDs...hahha!
So do I... the "Black Box" set... but the sad thing is that my LD player already conked out some time ago... what a shame, got some good bonus materials on those LDs leh! :(

Looking forward to the original OT coming out on DVD, then I don't have to feel so bad about my LD player being out of order :P
________
Cheap Glass Bongs
Last edited by JediJean on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freefly

Post by freefly » Wed May 17, 2006 11:06 am

The OS has posted a debut of the packaging :D

COVER ART
Release the Good!

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed May 17, 2006 12:38 pm

JediJean wrote:So do I... the "Black Box" set... but the sad thing is that my LD player already conked out some time ago... what a shame, got some good bonus materials on those LDs leh! :(
Heehee...wonder if my is the oldest here? It's the "Widescreen" Type and 2nd Release I think. Nothing special, just the movie.

For those who got the Panini OT Stickers Books, same as the one they're giving out as prizes, only mine got the "Widescreen" line on the top. Now if only I can find the ROTJ one to complete the set. ;)

freefly

Post by freefly » Fri May 19, 2006 11:33 am

According to this article here, the official confirmation from Lucasfilm and Fox is that the bonus unaltered theatrical versions will be in non-anamorphic widescreen. Basically what we'll be getting are simply laserdisc transfers from the 1993 box set release. :cry:
Release the Good!

freefly

Post by freefly » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:29 am

I came across some interesting articles on the official site detailing aspects of the upcoming unaltered original trilogy bonus disc
Release the Good!

Return to “Everything Star Wars”