The Return of the Prodigal Collector

Welcome to Starwars.sg. We originated as the mailing list "sg_starwars@yahoogroups.com" before the turn of this century, and have evolved to the forum you now see. Don't worry if you're new to our community or new to Star Wars, we hope you enjoy your stay here. Sign in and introduce yourself :)

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

snipe

The Return of the Prodigal Collector

Post by snipe » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:36 am

Hi guys

New to the forum. More active in sgcollect but since I have returned to my roots of collecting troopers since this year, I find this SW forum extremely helpful.

I'm snipe, 34 years of age and I collect mainly Macross, Gundams, Transformers, Batman, Ironman and Star Wars. In short, I'm a poor man who has some toys stacked up at home.

I've started collecting stormtroopers since the 90s but gave up as back then as a student, I couldn't afford the exclusive prices. Then, in 2005, I sold off all my SW collection at ridiculously cheap price (maybe some of the bros here have purchased them via yahoo auction or collected at Toy Tropiz at Ang Mo Kio Ave 8. That toy shop is now no longer in operation.

I started collecting all over again because of my son. He wanted the clones after watching the animated series this year and the collection frenzy started and it's hard to stop.

Personally, I prefer the clones as they have more of a human side rather than killing machines.

So, to the administrator of this site, THANK YOU for setting up and maintaining it. To the bros or siss, I look forward in knowing you all.

I should be a Jedi then as I like the Clones who were commanded mainly by Jedis before the rise of the Empire.
So many troopers and so little mulas

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:37 am

welcome to our community...
and come visit us at next month's STGCC Booth B01 :D
Administrator. Starwars.sg
IC/IS 3081. 501st Legion (Singapore Garrison)

gundam_skywalker

Post by gundam_skywalker » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:07 pm

Good to see you here snipe. :wink:

zirst

Post by zirst » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:18 pm

Welcome Snipe bro ! Great to see another familiar name here !

Shangyou

Post by Shangyou » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:03 pm

Welcome to the starwars.sg Forums Snipe!! 8)

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:29 pm

Greetings and Welcome to the group! :)

snipe

Post by snipe » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:39 pm

Well, looks like we don't walk alone as collectors. Thanks for the welcome and great to 'see' guys from sgcollect as well..

Actually, have been roaming in here quite a while but didn't have the time to register.

So how, I feel the maturity of this forum compared to sgcollect. Perhaps, SW don't appeal to Gen Ys.
So many troopers and so little mulas

Return to “Star Wars : Jedi or Sith ?”