Sith all the way for this lurker

Welcome to Starwars.sg. We originated as the mailing list "sg_starwars@yahoogroups.com" before the turn of this century, and have evolved to the forum you now see. Don't worry if you're new to our community or new to Star Wars, we hope you enjoy your stay here. Sign in and introduce yourself :)

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

Mirador

Sith all the way for this lurker

Post by Mirador » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:19 am

It's high time I actually introduce myself, figuring that it might be good for people to get to know a bit of me before I join the 501st...or that I never made a point to intro myself...

For me, I didn't become a SW fan right away after my first brush with Star Wars when AOTC came out in the movies. I was Sec 2 then and didn't understand what the heck was going on, only having vague memories of a pink light-sword and the Geonosian battle.

Towards the year end (somewhere around there 'cause it was holidays) Channel 5 was showing Episodes IV, V and VII in that running order. I didn't like ANH but when it came to ESB...that part where Vader is standing on the carbon freezing chamber waiting for Luke just got me totally excited. I like cool villains, and the way Vader held his darkness just sent me into a frenzy. I began supporting the Empire then...so my views of ROTJ quite predictable haha. After that I became interested in getting an Imperial costume - all part of that 'want to be with your hero' thing but of course I couldn't be Darth Vader =(

Anyway, I actually found the 501st Legion's website but was discouraged by the M18 rule. :$ No offense but I forgot about the 501st...all the way until the Art of Star Wars exhibition @ the Science Center. My friend and I paid $12 each to take some photos - there was this booth-like thingy where you could dress up as a Jedi or Sith - and there the photographer mentioned something about the 501st and directed me to their website @ starwars.sg...which last time I didn't know you had to add a .com behind the starwars so I never got to the actual website.

Sooo left it all behind until STCC 08 and there my dream of RPing an Imperial was rekindled...
Last edited by Mirador on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

dranoel
Site Admin

Re: Sith all the way for this lurker

Post by dranoel » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:49 am

Welcome to the Starwars.sg community
Glad you found your way here after the interesting on-off journey :)
Mirador wrote:...website @ starwars.sg...which last time I didn't know you had to add a .com behind the starwars so I never got to the actual website....
hmm... "starwars.sg" should work fine. Must have been Rebels who rerouted you away when they found out you wanted to be an Imperial :P
Administrator. Starwars.sg
IC/IS 3081. 501st Legion (Singapore Garrison)

crashout

Post by crashout » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:24 am

Hmmm quite a journey you have there....but a fruitful one at the end of the road...
Eugene Benitez
TK5231
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Shangyou

Post by Shangyou » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:09 am

I was going to say"Welcome to the Forums!" but then i realized that u created ur account 1 year ago lol.

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:17 am

Shangyou wrote:I was going to say"Welcome to the Forums!" but then i realized that u created ur account 1 year ago lol.
She was the five hundredth & first member of this website until someone (idk who) requested his name to be removed... ;o)

Well said Mirador... personally, i do noticed tat u have a nice personality... i shan't say any further, ah bo u hoot me. xD
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

Mirador

Post by Mirador » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:20 pm

>:) hi Dranoel & other guys...luckily the Rebels only sabotaged my computer and not the Death Star - dunno le it used to show me 'could not display webpage'.

and Frodo - what is a
Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo wrote:ah bo u hoot me. xD
???
ID / TD 2543
501st Singapore Garrison

GrayJedi88

Post by GrayJedi88 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:51 am

nice to meet ya! to answer your qn, it just means vaguely you will whack him lol....

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:47 am

Mirador wrote:>:) hi Dranoel & other guys...luckily the Rebels only sabotaged my computer and not the Death Star - dunno le it used to show me 'could not display webpage'.

and Frodo - what is a
Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo wrote:ah bo u hoot me. xD
???
translation means... if not, you'll beat me up. =P

ur computer was once saved by a biker scout. xD
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

thejedisentinel

Post by thejedisentinel » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:57 pm

*facepalms*

Geez - what with your trigger-happiness, I'd *never* have pegged you for a Sith, my dear... LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:47 pm

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo wrote:She was the five hundredth & first member of this website until someone (idk who) requested his name to be removed... ;o)
this is fate / destiny indeed.

thejedisentinel

Post by thejedisentinel » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:05 am

Gordonator wrote:
this is fate / destiny indeed.
It was the will of the Force, you mean.

Return to “Star Wars : Jedi or Sith ?”