New SW fan

Welcome to Starwars.sg. We originated as the mailing list "sg_starwars@yahoogroups.com" before the turn of this century, and have evolved to the forum you now see. Don't worry if you're new to our community or new to Star Wars, we hope you enjoy your stay here. Sign in and introduce yourself :)

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

stinkybear

New SW fan

Post by stinkybear » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:18 pm

hi, am new (or rather newly re-acquainted) to the toy scene. the hyper inflated prices are putting me off my hobby though and i think i'll be opportunistic and acquire when i or family / friends travel to the US for work/holiday.

Can't figure out how, for example, the V-Wing is sellling for US$19.99 but converted to S$90++ in spore (TRU and other shops). shipping and tax can only explain away part of the inflated price. also retailers ought to be able to get supplies at below listed price.

anyone knows where i can find a visionaries or mask shop?

where are the best places in spore to go to anyway to find toys at decent prices? not the go for massive margin and sell low quantity mentality (or hope to sell high quantity) money grubbing, too greedy to know it retailers?

gundam_skywalker

Post by gundam_skywalker » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:16 pm

The best bargain is through the internet. Lookout for good bargains at internet forums and auction sites. :wink:

masteryoyo

Post by masteryoyo » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:14 pm

"hyper inflated prices"? you are rite, man!

welcome to the community!!
"Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future."

Shangyou

Post by Shangyou » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:08 pm

Welcome to the forums. 8)
And yeah like gundam_skywalker said, the best bargains are always found thru the internet.
I can't remember the last time i actually bought a normal 3.75" figure at full price(was $17.90 now $18.90) from a department store.

stinkybear

Post by stinkybear » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:50 pm

which websites / forums, that are reliable, should i monitor?

Shangyou

Post by Shangyou » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:27 pm

This forum, sgcollect and ebay i guess.
And if ur looking for more high-end stuff(like MR lightsabers) then rebelscum would be a good place too.

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:31 pm

welcome to the club....

Return to “Star Wars : Jedi or Sith ?”