Hello everyone...

Welcome to Starwars.sg. We originated as the mailing list "sg_starwars@yahoogroups.com" before the turn of this century, and have evolved to the forum you now see. Don't worry if you're new to our community or new to Star Wars, we hope you enjoy your stay here. Sign in and introduce yourself :)

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

Mariya Fleischer

Hello everyone...

Post by Mariya Fleischer » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:00 pm

*stumbles into the place by accident*

Hey everyone... this is quite a surprise. I never thought I would actually see a Star Wars forum for Singaporeans.

I don't really cosplay or collect toys. But I do like the movies, my favourite is The Empire Strikes Back... and my favourite character is actually Darth Vader.

I am mostly into some fan fiction writing... or what some people call free form roleplaying. It's mostly with the American fans really, but the forum which I am in (The Gungan Council) also has people from other countries such as UK and Australia. But I'm the only Singaporean there (I think).

Mariya Fleischer is the name of my character as well, she was created more than two years ago and was a Republic soldier who left the Republic after it collapsed. Now Mariya's a mercenary and a cantina owner in that community. Well I have a Jedi character as well, and an Imperial, but Mariya's probably the most active character I have written for.

Anyway, that's all for now. If you guys are interested to see my writings and stuff...

*scratches head and tries to check around for any bans for posting links*

Seems like there isn't any? I mean, some other boards will remove any posts that have links in them, because they think it's either spam or advertisements...

Anyway you can actually do a google for Mariya Fleischer and you will be able to find her entry easily in The Gungan Council's Wikia and her profile on Google's top two results. Okay okay, I'll just post the link of the roleplaying forum I am in here. It's at http://thegalacticunderworld.yuku.com/

If I break any rules, please excuse me. Didn't mean to >_>

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:18 pm

Welcome to Starwars.sg :)

We're glad to have you stumble in by accident and discover our community of Star Wars fans on the other side of the galaxy (as written in our banner) :wink:

We do have a section for Fan Fiction although it's been very much barren for almost a year and a half. You can share your work with us... and bring some life back into the section.
viewforum.php?f=33

It's ok to post links to your work. We do not have a restriction on links, unless of course it's really spam and advertisements... :lol:

Shangyou

Post by Shangyou » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:48 pm

Welcome to the forums!!
I hope u enjoy your stay here. 8)
I stumbled onto this website through google last year lol.

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:58 pm

my favourite is also The Empire Strikes Back as well. welcome to our humble home. :D

Mariya Fleischer

Post by Mariya Fleischer » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:29 pm

Dranoel wrote: We do have a section for Fan Fiction although it's been very much barren for almost a year and a half. You can share your work with us... and bring some life back into the section.
viewforum.php?f=33
Good idea, but unfortunately I only own my own posts (duh!) while the rest of the story is made of others' posts. Anyway, I guess I can try digging out some of the better written stories and ask all the writers involved to see if they are willing to share.

And thanks for the welcomes :)

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:47 am

Greetings and Welcome to the group! :D

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:48 pm

Good stumble! oops! i mean glad u found us... :wink:

Welcome n enjoy ur stay with us. May the dark force be with u.
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

spiffmeister

Post by spiffmeister » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:48 pm

OH JOY!

Another RPer! or. FFRPer, if you'd like to be more precise.

I'd started to believe that there were none left on this little red dot on the other side of the galaxy! Fan fiction from this corner of the universe is often found...wanting. Let alone the RPing!

Welcome, verily, and heartily!

Mariya Fleischer

Post by Mariya Fleischer » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:33 pm

Hello Spiff,

I take it that you like FFRP as well?

And I don't believe in the Force, Frodo. I'm not a goody two shoe wannabe who waves a glowing light stick and jumps around :P

spiffmeister

Post by spiffmeister » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:57 pm

Hey those 'glowing light sticks' are the ultimate symbols of phallic power in the Republics!

And yes I do like RPing, as do -I believe- a few others on these boards who have gone into hibernation. It's been quite a while since we've done anything though, perhaps your arrival is the catalyst to get us a-typing again?

As good Dranoel has pointed out, there is a plot of land out back for Fan Fiction which has grown rather barren. =P

Mariya Fleischer

Post by Mariya Fleischer » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:31 pm

Yea I noticed the fan fiction section is a little dead. I don't mind doing a roleplay or two here if I got extra time.

Most of my time currently is spent at the board which I came from.

Mariya Fleischer

Post by Mariya Fleischer » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:14 am

By the way, just wondering if you guys have any affiliation for the board... The board which I came from has just started one, so I am wondering if you guys are interested to be linked up.

If not, it's fine as well.

Return to “Star Wars : Jedi or Sith ?”