Imperial Knights...

Welcome to Starwars.sg. We originated as the mailing list "sg_starwars@yahoogroups.com" before the turn of this century, and have evolved to the forum you now see. Don't worry if you're new to our community or new to Star Wars, we hope you enjoy your stay here. Sign in and introduce yourself :)

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

Kyrios29

Imperial Knights...

Post by Kyrios29 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:45 pm

i found this on Wookiepedia... sounded intersting... can someone enlighten me on this? cos i'm quite new to this forum.. ahaha just got in a few weeks ago... n hope to put on a clone trooper costume soon...
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Knight
There is no Death.... There is The Force

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:50 pm

They can be seen in the Dark Horse Comics "Star Wars Legacy" and about them is as what the entry said. Kinda "Grey Jedi" who are similar in duty (kinda) to the Imperial Royal Guard.

You're interested in doing one of them? :P

Kyrios29

Post by Kyrios29 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:51 pm

yeah.... very interested... i saw pics abt a costumer but he was the Royal Guard... kinda interesting... issit gonna cost a lot to make it?

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:28 am

Do you know that one of the main character is based on a real SW Fan/Costumer, Thomas Spanos? :P

So of course, he ended up doing the Armor after the series started and more references came out on how the Imperial Knight Armor looks like basically. :lol:
http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self/Es ... /index.htm

As for cost, I never did check previously as it's still a project to be done in X years' time (READ: A very few of us got a couple other costumes/armors to complete first or got RL issue to settle first, as by going into this project, we might dedicate solely on it).
And the last I checked, only know of 1 person selling the armor parts. Not perfect or as detail as the original or Thomas' but will do the job for those who're in a hurry to get the costume done.

Another thing that need to be taken into consideration is the bodysuit and other soft parts. Matte Vinyl can cost around SGD12-20/m and tailoring cost will be another story altogether, probably a few hundreds.

So from my estimation, probably need to prepare minimum SGD1,000 for it and several hours of workmanship apart from months waiting for the parts to arrive in Singapore and soft parts to be made locally? Then again, I bet it'll cost a lot more especially if the Armor parts obtained are Fiberglass instead of ABS. :?

Anyway, I am not suppose to start even the research part of this project till I complete most of my ongoing costumes and armor projects so have no solid idea how much it'll cost. :?

Kyrios29

Post by Kyrios29 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:33 am

ouh ok... i'm more interested in like characters who have small parts... like Force Unleashed Shadow Guard... he's cool... ahaha more to that... but thanks for the tip... when i get the money... i'll start costuming n maybe join all of u next time...

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:45 am

Decide on 1 costume or armor first and work on saving for its parts and completing it. ;)

Kyrios29

Post by Kyrios29 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:55 am

sure thing... thks for the help...

raksha

Post by raksha » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:30 pm

save up first,find the best supplier for the armor,like PA for RCs,or OSCS or any other good ones for clones,get the materials and start making!

:D remember,use the detachment boards in the 501 or RL.they give lots of info about the costume you wanna make :wink:
Imagehttp://www.freewebs.com/otakuplanet/the ... ID=1569816 copy and paste the link.you know you want to.

Return to “Star Wars : Jedi or Sith ?”