Elloh

Welcome to Starwars.sg. We originated as the mailing list "sg_starwars@yahoogroups.com" before the turn of this century, and have evolved to the forum you now see. Don't worry if you're new to our community or new to Star Wars, we hope you enjoy your stay here. Sign in and introduce yourself :)

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

which commander should i do when i join the 501?

Bly
30%
Bacara
10%
Others?
50%
Cody
10%

Total votes: 10

raksha

Post by raksha » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:39 pm

thanks AnakinSg.that's a very nice thing to hear.

now i'm roping in my friends to do the whole delta package.
Imagehttp://www.freewebs.com/otakuplanet/the ... ID=1569816 copy and paste the link.you know you want to.

AnakinSg

Post by AnakinSg » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:15 pm

Wow....that will be really cool!

Sounds like you have some good friends with similar interest as you. I am lucky to be in the 501st so the guys are always willing to help me out with my costumes hands on or with advice.

We also help all the new guys who are trying to get their first costumes made for entrance into the 501st. Until you have a movie accurate costume you cannot be a 501st, whch is why you must seek 501st advice before purchasing anything if your goal is to become a 501st member. Nothing worse than buying something and being told it is not suitable. The guys were a great help when I was trying to decide on my first costume. The guys even let me try on their costumes to see how they fitted and how i felt as the particular character.

I started with a Tie Pilot but now have Vader ANH, Vader ESB, Shadow Stormtrooper, and about to start assembly of my Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper. I am also helping one of the new guys get his Stormtrooper costume for entrance into the 501st.

Armour is often made to order (Well the good stuff anyway!) and we had to wait 4 months for ours to arrive from time of ordering. So do not expect to be able to have a costume overnight, unless you are buying an already completed set. Yes, sometimes troopers sell off costumes (usually after their wives or mothers nag that they have too many and taking up too much space!!) So if you are looking for a wife try to get a Femtrooper!! :lol:
AnakinSg
7533 Alpine

raksha

Post by raksha » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:25 am

i only have 2 friends who are REALLY interested in clones,and only one is interested to do an RC.

That friend's dad is a helicopter maniac(remote controlled),so i may be able to find paints there.besides,im only 14 next year.

and for your last comment,is that even possible :shock: ?(no offence)
:D
Imagehttp://www.freewebs.com/otakuplanet/the ... ID=1569816 copy and paste the link.you know you want to.

AnakinSg

Post by AnakinSg » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:58 am

and for your last comment,is that even possible :shock: ?(no offence)
:D[/quote]

Which part of last comment :?:

Too many costumes.......Others may think so but any 501st member would say you can never have too many!

A Femtrooper wife......Yes they do exist, Do a search under Femtrooper and you will see sexy girls wearing a sexy version of stormtrooper armour.

But then maybe you shouldn't as only 14 and I do not want to get in trouble with your parents :lol:

Seriously though it is great to see the younger generation having an interest in Star Wars and keeping it alive. I was only 10 when I saw the first Star Wars movie in 1977. Greese was the only other popular film of that time I can remember and you do not see guys going around in leather jackets everywhere with their hair greased back. Actually Battle Star Galactica was around that time and still has a small following who like to be Cylons and of course we must not forget good old Star Trek.

I think I could start a new thread with this post!!
AnakinSg
7533 Alpine

raksha

Post by raksha » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:11 pm

i meant the femtrooper one.theyre extremely rare(or are they?).
relax,im ok with anything,except for Witches in Left 4 Dead.scary.must save money now....

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:58 am

raksha wrote:i meant the femtrooper one.theyre extremely rare(or are they?).
For any costume or armor, how common or rare it is depends on how many people want to get it and wear it. ;)

For the Femtrooper armor, IMHO, you must have the body to wear (or bare it :lol: ).

raksha

Post by raksha » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:13 am

i'm male,haldir. :lol:
and is this armor 501st acceptable?
PA Republic commando Kit

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:52 pm

I know lah you're a guy. :lol:

I meant in general, not any type of body can wear that Femtrooper armor as last I checked, it's for a more slim and not too busty female body. So of course it'll fit a lot less people compared to maybe the standard stormtrooper armor, hence demand for it will be less.

AyKay

Post by AyKay » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:36 pm

raksha wrote:Witches in Left 4 Dead.scary.
That is quite uncomparable to anything else my friend. But trust me, it is that very fear that compelled me to obtain my 'Crownd' achievement. Imagine sneaking right up to her with your shotgun just to deliver a perfect headshot, then having those red eyes suddenly glare at you...

And FYI, I'm with two other people who have plans to don Clone armour. I'm going for Deviss, one is going for Bly, and another for Thire.
Ananda 'AK' Kang | ANEH | TK 8315 | Expert Infantryman | Singapore Garrison

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:22 pm

Begun, this Clone War has!
ImageImageImage

raksha

Post by raksha » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:24 pm

CT-65/91-6210 wrote:
raksha wrote:Witches in Left 4 Dead.scary.
That is quite uncomparable to anything else my friend. But trust me, it is that very fear that compelled me to obtain my 'Crownd' achievement. Imagine sneaking right up to her with your shotgun just to deliver a perfect headshot, then having those red eyes suddenly glare at you...
Do like i did.pop a Molotov while she's still crying.it's funny seeing a little girl with a bad manicure dance like that. :lol:

And does the GAR have any space for another delta squad member :) ?

mosske

Post by mosske » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:23 pm

Hi raksha...you have alot of time to think about what costume you wish to make to join the 501st. You have 4 years bcos the minimum age for entry is 18.

As for the Polymer Armory website, yes, that armor is acceptable for 501st standard. Though my advise is to build the basic white RC, Omega(black) RC or one of the Delta Rcs (Boss, Sev, Fixer or Scorch)...and then add on the backpack display after approval . As of now, as far as I know, only the T-visor and helmet tactical lights are approved.

Another point to note about RC armor. You have to be BIG to fit it! I bought a set some time back and ended up having to sell it bcos I was way too slim to carry it off. In the US, the guys wear a muscle suit underneath to add bulk. In Singapore's weather, that would kill us! lol

A set of RC armor usually costs between USD$860 - USD$1200. Helmets cost between USD$99 (crap quality kit) to USD$350 (built up and painted). The backpack costs about USD$250-$450 per kit. The DC17 costs about the same as well for a kit. Once you add in additional costs for neckseal, electronics, gloves, body glove, boots and a strapping system, you'll end up forking out another SGD$250 at least.
The armor needs tons of work to trim, putty, sandpaper and paint. If I were you and I had my mind set on doing an RC, I'd start slow and work steadily on it - its one of the longer costume projects to complete but it can also be very rewarding. :)
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

raksha

Post by raksha » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:43 pm

i see...im thinking of doing a Fixer(even though i see a lot of LEDs,counting 5 in total...or more)

BTW,this is what i look like.
EGO TIME!!!

Return to “Star Wars : Jedi or Sith ?”