Hello! I'm new here!

Welcome to Starwars.sg. We originated as the mailing list "sg_starwars@yahoogroups.com" before the turn of this century, and have evolved to the forum you now see. Don't worry if you're new to our community or new to Star Wars, we hope you enjoy your stay here. Sign in and introduce yourself :)

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

eimerz

Hello! I'm new here!

Post by eimerz » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:59 pm

Hello! I'm new here! Just call me Eimerz :) Though I'm only 18 going on to 19 this year, I've been a fan since I watched Episode I when I'm 9 years old. I don't really have huge funds to finance my collection so I started out with Lego Star Wars, posters, books, VCDs and several X-wing, Y-wing figurines. I've somewhat "completed" what I wanted for my lego collection and book collection and since last year been collecting lightsabers and wish to complete them. I currently own a full length lightsaber (sold the other one which I didn't really like to complete my .45 collection first), Anakin Skywalker Ep III, and looking for Sidious, Mace Windu and Count Dooku's .45 MR lightsaber (anyone kind enough to sell theirs? :P if they have extra tho).

Just a little bit of me I'm a half-japanese-korean and half chinese, been studying in the States for sometime and back in Singapore to fufil my NS duties (damn!). I'm a musician and HUGE fan of the SW OST (I have all of them! Even the latest. Heh heh :P), and a composer too. Like I said, I'm only 18 this year (probably one of the 'younglings' here waiting for a master to pick me up haha) and collecting lightsabers would be a long process :( Guess I was born in the wrong era!

A fun fact: My friend and I submitted several articles in Wookiepedia as we read the several star wars books extensively haha. So I kinda know several things around even though I may be young :)

Hope to see the 501st legion around and the rest of the fans! :)

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:21 pm

AT-AT Driver bids you welcome :)

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:48 pm

Yoz, welcome. :wink:
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:15 pm

Welcome.. :D
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Boba_Fett

Post by Boba_Fett » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:22 pm

welcome
Do! Or do not! There is no try

Zul

Welcome.....

Post by Zul » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:05 am

Welcome to the Galactic Senate, eimerz!

U say u have been watching Episode I since 9 years old, I assume u are also a sci-fi fan? A musician like yourself must also appreciate the SW music composed by John Williams?

And what about Episodes IV, V and VI? Do you like them too or not as much as I, II and III?
"Size matters not.Look at me.Judge me by my size,do you?Hmm? And well you should not.For my ally is the Force.And a powerful ally it is.Life creates it,makes it grow.Its energy surrounds us and binds us.Luminous beings are we,not this crude matter..."

mosske

Post by mosske » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:42 am

Greetings, eimerz, from the 501st Legion!
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:00 am

Greetings eimerz!

From the fighting Force (pun intended) of Jedi/Sith from SEJA!
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

eimerz

Re: Welcome.....

Post by eimerz » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:10 pm

Zul wrote:Welcome to the Galactic Senate, eimerz!

U say u have been watching Episode I since 9 years old, I assume u are also a sci-fi fan? A musician like yourself must also appreciate the SW music composed by John Williams?

And what about Episodes IV, V and VI? Do you like them too or not as much as I, II and III?
Actually I love episode III, IV and VI the most. I have all the VCDs (yer kinda ancient) and DVDs :) And yes I love John Williams :) I think the new soundtrack is interesting too! Though kevin is nowhere near williams :P

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:05 am

Welcome to the forum.
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

AquaFire

Post by AquaFire » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:41 pm

Hey, welcome to the forums! (sorry for the late welcome, I wasn't online for many days). Since you wrote some of the articles on Wookieepedia, can I ask you questions about SW next time? :lol:
Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, n'jurkad!
Watch my back and I'll watch yours, ner vod.
I'll do requests for clone signatures...

Zul

SW cartoons

Post by Zul » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:05 pm

I like the animated GIF icon of yours, Aquafire.

I have been trying to get my hands on the Star Wars cartoons Droids and The Clone Wars but so far have been fruitless. Say, where can I get those DVDs or VCDs?
"Size matters not.Look at me.Judge me by my size,do you?Hmm? And well you should not.For my ally is the Force.And a powerful ally it is.Life creates it,makes it grow.Its energy surrounds us and binds us.Luminous beings are we,not this crude matter..."

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:10 pm

You can get Clone Wars at HMV
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

AquaFire

Post by AquaFire » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:11 pm

I know some shops have 'em. I remember seeing it at Vivo...

BTW, if you want some of the GIF avatars, here's the link(s):

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/ ... g_butt.gif

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/ ... oopers.gif

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/ ... rooper.gif
Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, n'jurkad!
Watch my back and I'll watch yours, ner vod.
I'll do requests for clone signatures...

Zul

Post by Zul » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:21 pm

Thanks guys. But I already tried at HMV yesterday. Nothing. Maybe I try Vivocity.

Return to “Star Wars : Jedi or Sith ?”