A Jedi Padawan intro

Welcome to Starwars.sg. We originated as the mailing list "sg_starwars@yahoogroups.com" before the turn of this century, and have evolved to the forum you now see. Don't worry if you're new to our community or new to Star Wars, we hope you enjoy your stay here. Sign in and introduce yourself :)

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

mosske

Re: Thanks to......

Post by mosske » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:35 am

Zul wrote:By the way, I've just posted a new topic this morning under the heading The Empire Strikes Back, my own subheading "TESB is best SW episode because........". Feel free u guys to voice(or rather type) your opinions regarding this vintage episode.

U guys can post any reply u want, even if there are some disagreements or need to add more points to the ones already mentioned. Just keep in mind the focus is on Episode V, OK? :wink:

Once again thanks guys!
Yeah, I read that. Good points! I'm an original trilogy fan myself. I love all 3 movies.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

AquaFire

Post by AquaFire » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:00 pm

I agree most that it's the "Luke, I am your father!" part that made the most memorable line of the century. xD Nothing could top that, absolutely nothing. (BTW, so you live around the Woodlands area too? Thought I was the only one)
Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, n'jurkad!
Watch my back and I'll watch yours, ner vod.
I'll do requests for clone signatures...

Zul

Vader's Confession Unknown?

Post by Zul » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:49 pm

AquaFire wrote:I agree most that it's the "Luke, I am your father!" part that made the most memorable line of the century. xD Nothing could top that, absolutely nothing. (BTW, so you live around the Woodlands area too? Thought I was the only one)
Yeah, I live around Woodlands/Marsiling. It has been 8 years since I relocated from Clementi. I assume you live in Woodlands too?

First time I watched TESB, that line is the only thing I remember in the movie.

FYI, even the actors playing in TESB did not know about Luke's paternal origin. Except for Mark Hamill. He knew this and reacted accordingly. Whereas David Prowse's(Darth Vader) original dialogue goes like "Obi Wan killed your father" or "You must join me and turn to the dark side" or something like that. When he watched the movie's premiere behind director Irwin Kershner, he was horrified that his line was dubbed to what we now hear and asked him why wasn't he told! He would have acted like Luke's dad had he known.

The voiceover dubbing actor for Vader, James Earl Jones, when confronted with the actual dialogue was incredulous. He turned to Lucas and say "You're kidding, right? I mean this is a joke, right? Darth Vader couldn't be Luke's father...."
"Size matters not.Look at me.Judge me by my size,do you?Hmm? And well you should not.For my ally is the Force.And a powerful ally it is.Life creates it,makes it grow.Its energy surrounds us and binds us.Luminous beings are we,not this crude matter..."

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:02 pm

The only one?
I live in Woodlands too.

Anyway, I believe that most of us thinks that ESB is the best of the lot. ya?
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

AquaFire

Re: Vader's Confession Unknown?

Post by AquaFire » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:03 pm

Zul wrote:Yeah, I live around Woodlands/Marsiling. It has been 8 years since I relocated from Clementi. I assume you live in Woodlands too?

First time I watched TESB, that line is the only thing I remember in the movie.

FYI, even the actors playing in TESB did not know about Luke's paternal origin. Except for Mark Hamill. He knew this and reacted accordingly. Whereas David Prowse's(Darth Vader) original dialogue goes like "Obi Wan killed your father" or "You must join me and turn to the dark side" or something like that. When he watched the movie's premiere behind director Irwin Kershner, he was horrified that his line was dubbed to what we now hear and asked him why wasn't he told! He would have acted like Luke's dad had he known.

The voiceover dubbing actor for Vader, James Earl Jones, when confronted with the actual dialogue was incredulous. He turned to Lucas and say "You're kidding, right? I mean this is a joke, right? Darth Vader couldn't be Luke's father...."
The lines in red cracked me up xD because my reaction was like that too. Yeah, I live in that area. Right smack between Marsiling and Woodlands MRT station, so I don't really know which station I should pick anyway. :lol:

Zul

Woodlands Trio

Post by Zul » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:10 pm

Hey Aquafire and Assjedi, looks like we're a triplet of (Woodlands) Wellingtons! Hehe

My humble abode is VERY near to Marsiling station.
"Size matters not.Look at me.Judge me by my size,do you?Hmm? And well you should not.For my ally is the Force.And a powerful ally it is.Life creates it,makes it grow.Its energy surrounds us and binds us.Luminous beings are we,not this crude matter..."

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:12 pm

While I'm next to admiralty station
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

AquaFire

Post by AquaFire » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:19 pm

I'm right between Marsiling and Woodlands (Marsiling is closer to my school, so that's the one I usually go to). Reckon we can meet up someday?

Zul

Post by Zul » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:27 pm

Sure no problem. Even my close friends do not really share my obssession for SW...........

AquaFire

Post by AquaFire » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:31 pm

Yeah, same here. none of my friends could understand why Ilike Star Wars so much... and when some of them said it was boring, I felt like I had to defend my favorite movie sries of all time... so I did. That's when I found out who my real friends in school are.

So do you prefer the Jedi, the Sith (though I think that's a bit unlikely), or, like me, the clones/Mandalorians? xD

Zul

Post by Zul » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:42 pm

The clone troopers' helmets remind me of the Spartans or Romans with that bit of crest on top.

I prefer Jedi but I love the crimson glow of the Sith's lightsaber, very fashionable. But I also think the clone troopers are cool especially the officers with their red or green or yellow streaks. In particular, I like Commander Cody from ROTS, which I have in figurine form.

AquaFire

Post by AquaFire » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:47 pm

My three favorite Commanders are Cody, Bly and Gree (but poor Gree got off'd by Yoda! :( )

thejedisentinel

Post by thejedisentinel » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:04 pm

What's this - a Padawan?

How charming! 8)

Welcome to the galaxy, young one :wink:

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Miss Visas what are u doing bumping an one year old thread. :shock:

thejedisentinel

Post by thejedisentinel » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:36 pm

For the lolz?

Gosh I read the tiny font '2008 as '2009' - more proof that I'm bad with numbers, in any form....

Return to “Star Wars : Jedi or Sith ?”