bonjour!!

Welcome to Starwars.sg. We originated as the mailing list "sg_starwars@yahoogroups.com" before the turn of this century, and have evolved to the forum you now see. Don't worry if you're new to our community or new to Star Wars, we hope you enjoy your stay here. Sign in and introduce yourself :)

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:20 pm

al13ns wrote:assjedi,

hv read bout the SEJA. lookin forward to join the club, really interesting in swordplayin skill heheheh
i don't know about that.
you could ask Master Hakama aka Faiz.
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:35 am

faie,

i think u should watch PREDATOR 1 & 2, both of them are really classic. believe that the dvd rental should hv it.
i never see d headcrab, but whoever created aliens [facehugger, chestbuster, the queen etc] was brilliant.

for all,

so which one was created 1st [for Star Wars]? the movie or the novel? i never read any SW novels.

red_fox

Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice.

Red_Fox2006

Post by Red_Fox2006 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:00 am

.. Always there are two? .. * Turn's Al13ns' head behind *

Then what's that?

* Points towards the Sith Temple *

We are more organized .. Now and better anyway .. So we just forgot about the Stupid Master and Apprentice thing and now there's a Sith Order .
The difference between heresy and treachery is ignorance.

Faith is Eternal.

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:34 am

al13ns wrote:faie,

i think u should watch PREDATOR 1 & 2, both of them are really classic. believe that the dvd rental should hv it.
i never see d headcrab, but whoever created aliens [facehugger, chestbuster, the queen etc] was brilliant.

for all,

so which one was created 1st [for Star Wars]? the movie or the novel? i never read any SW novels.

red_fox

Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice.
Ah...HALF-LIFE headcrabs...

Tadaa...

somewhat similar to a crustacean, consisting of a small rounded body with four legs for movement (two stubby legs at the front, obscured by its claws, and two hind legs at the back) and a pair of larger frontal claws for attacking prey or as additional support when standing still.

Although small, slow-moving, and relatively weak on its own, the headcrab has the ability to quickly leap long distances using its hind legs, while tilting upwards to face its mouth towards its target, inflicting minor injury with its claws, legs, and teeth. Its main goal, however, is to attach itself onto an appropriate host body (head preferably) using its beaks and claws.

and then turn into a zombie!

It is somewhat similar in a way is that both alien creeps pounces on the victim's head, and what happen after that is a different story. Headcrab possess the victim into mindless zombie. Facehugger fertilise the victim with alien egg. But the outcome is the same, the victim dies! :twisted:

Red_Fox2006

Post by Red_Fox2006 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:40 am

Ahh .. Those things remind me of Halo .. And also Half Life 2 while I killed 2 zombies and had some fun going into an alien infested room full of headcrabs . ( My life bar went down to 1 after that )

Faith is Eternal.

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:17 pm

al13ns wrote:so which one was created 1st [for Star Wars]? the movie or the novel? i never read any SW novels.
It's the movie (Star Wars, later renamed Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope or A New Hope for short) in 1977. :wink:

After that, the novels, comics and cartoon telling the earlier or further or in-between stories of the main characters slowly came out (The Adventures of Han Solo, The Adventures of Lando Calrissian, Droids etc) before in the 1990s when Timothy Zahn release "Heir To The Empire" :D which kinda rekindled the SW Fandom and lead to even more release of SW Novels (and comics, action figures, collectibles) which are getting more organized by the years in term of their storyline. And in a way IMHO, the rekindle of the SW Fandom in the early 1990s is also what lead Lucas to decide in 1995 to do the Prequal Movies and to test out the technology first by polishing up and editing the Original Trilogy (SW4-6) which gives us the original Special Editions in 1997.

Now I feel like doing the explaination between the ROTJ Zone and TPM Zone again! :wink:

Red_Fox2006

Post by Red_Fox2006 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:54 pm

.. Lawl .. You are reeeeaaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyy good in SW history .

Faith is Eternal.

Jedi Healer

Post by Jedi Healer » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:49 pm

Actually, after checking my French book, I realised it was supposed to be 'Vous êtes français?" Desolée!
Red_Fox2006 wrote:Ahh .. Those things remind me of Halo ..
AHAHAHA! ME TOO! Those blasted flood infection forms.
All that is gold does not glitter
Not all who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:34 am

Red_Fox2006 wrote:Ahh .. Those things remind me of Halo .. And also Half Life 2 while I killed 2 zombies and had some fun going into an alien infested room full of headcrabs . ( My life bar went down to 1 after that )
You kana attacked by Black Posion Headcrabs. They will straightaway reduce your health to 1 no matter how much life you have. But your HEV suit will take a while to administer andidote, and slowly bring your life up.
Encounter many disgusting poison headcrabs in Ravenholm mission (hey that's my fav mission as I get to utilise the zero-point energy manipulator with ease :wink: )

Red_Fox2006

Post by Red_Fox2006 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:23 pm

Omg ppl acctually play Halo? And for 1 year , I thought I was the only Singaporean madman that played Halo with such satisfaction? Omg . That also goes for Star Wars . I thought I was the only Singaporean Star Wars madman that loved it so much to watch loads of times! All my friends said it was totally * Toot * .

Faith is Eternal.

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:49 pm

Red_Fox2006 wrote:Omg ppl acctually play Halo? And for 1 year , I thought I was the only Singaporean madman that played Halo with such satisfaction? Omg . That also goes for Star Wars . I thought I was the only Singaporean Star Wars madman that loved it so much to watch loads of times! All my friends said it was totally * Toot * .
You're NEVER ALONE, no matter how eccentric you think you are :wink:

However I have yet to find another person mad enough to collect vintage flashguns to make lightsabers out of in this region :lol:

Jedi Healer

Post by Jedi Healer » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:29 pm

Red_Fox2006 wrote:Omg ppl acctually play Halo? And for 1 year , I thought I was the only Singaporean madman that played Halo with such satisfaction?
Are you kiddin' me? Of course there are other Singaporean Halo gamers. A bunch of them. Quite a few of them are pretty good too. Me, I'm nowhere near their level. *nods*
All that is gold does not glitter
Not all who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:21 pm

Jedi Healer wrote:Me, I'm nowhere near their level. *nods*
entrainer, tu avez besoin!
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

Red_Fox2006

Post by Red_Fox2006 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:53 pm

French AssJedi? Ok .. Since ppl here play Halo .. Do you guys have it on the computer ? And is it online? We could do like some kind of SW Halo Meeting and we could kick butt!

Faith is Eternal.

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:38 pm

Hi, Red_Fox2006,

Your avatar is 1.3 MB in size, it slows down our access to this forum each time u post at the respective thread, even if i'm using a broadband.

can u kindly change it to a statis image instead of an animated GIF graphic?

Thank you for your cooperation.
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Return to “Star Wars : Jedi or Sith ?”