bonjour!!

Welcome to Starwars.sg. We originated as the mailing list "sg_starwars@yahoogroups.com" before the turn of this century, and have evolved to the forum you now see. Don't worry if you're new to our community or new to Star Wars, we hope you enjoy your stay here. Sign in and introduce yourself :)

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

bonjour!!

Post by al13ns » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:32 am

Bonjour,

let me introduce myself, u guys can call me "al13ns" [Aliens is one of my fav movies besides STAR WARS]. hv been a SW fans since i watched Empire strikes back, and tempted to the "DARK side" [collectin things from Master Replicas] after i work in Singapore. b4 that i can only imagine holding the lightsaber from the MR brochures. ha ha ha...

anyway i knew this website when i was lookin for the SW exhibition in Science centre, i searched thru yahoo SG search engine, and then it also diplayed www.starwars.sg...

nice to meet u all...

btw, if Darth Maul duels with Darth Vader, who's goin to win?

anyone have Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannus 1:1 litesaber from MR?

Red_Fox2006

Post by Red_Fox2006 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:50 pm

Well welcome to Singapore .. And the Galactic Senate! And the other side of the galaxy XD!!!

I think Darth Vader would win against Darth Maul ... After all .. I mean Darth Vader served Palpatine for a long time .. Darth Maul's death was all staged .. The clone War's was all staged .. Everything was planned by Emperor Palpatine so that the Sith would rule the Galaxy ..
The difference between heresy and treachery is ignorance.

Faith is Eternal.

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:18 pm

Greetings from the Empire, al13ns :)

ALIENS is also one of my all-time favourite movies. I do not acknowledge ALIEN 3 and ALIEN RESSURECTION as sequels for the simple reason that Newt and Hicks got killed off. Still waiting for a true ALIENS sequel to happen. Hopefully Ridley Scott will find time after his epics to revisit old material.

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:12 pm

Good morning!

(I'm bad for telling time)

Greetings, alien!

Me like aliens movie too. It's a classic.

Yes, we have one potential sith, join us, and we will rule the galaxy!

al13ns

Post by al13ns » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:17 pm

red_fox

hmm but can't imagine how Vader [with such a "robot" body] can win Maul? hmm feel that Vader never really against any young & energetic Jedi [like Kenobi when he fought Maul], i know that Luke duelled with him but luke fought like an old man [w/o stunt & acrobatic action] hahahah

renzaijh

yeah the story line in ALIENS was awesome...and that alien vs predator movie made me sick, only action, no story, pathetic. either ridley scott or james cameron should direct those kind of movies

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:25 pm

Why everyone went AVP sucks or something? I think it's quite decent film for starters.

Vader Vs maul? which maul, after episode one or EU (post episode 1, i.e. cyborg)

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:28 pm

greetings from SEJA!

MTFBWY!
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

Jedi Healer

Post by Jedi Healer » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:48 pm

Bonjour bonjour!! Bienvenue vers Star Wars singapour! (I think..)

Vous ez français?

(My French ain't good, desoleé.)

Santé!
All that is gold does not glitter
Not all who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

al13ns

Post by al13ns » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:49 am

Cmd Faie,

well i enjoyed AVP, but still can't imagine the mighty Predator could lose to Alien, and the way they died was ridiculous, some even without fighting.

hmm i think i never read the SW novel, so i dont know that Maul's converted to a cyborg. how's he? more acrobatic? what happen to him after that? i just wanna see Maul [in blood and flesh] duel with Vader ahahha

al13ns

Post by al13ns » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:52 am

assjedi,

hv read bout the SEJA. lookin forward to join the club, really interesting in swordplayin skill heheheh

al13ns

Post by al13ns » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:55 am

Jedi Healer,

merci beaucoup...my french is also not good but really like French/France related things besides SW/Aliens/movies.

u mean "vous parlez francaise?" a bit2 lar... hehehe

nice to meet u!!

Red_Fox2006

Post by Red_Fox2006 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:35 pm

Okies .. Like if Vader fight's Maul .. Like dude .. It does not count on how fast your attacks are .. It counts on how swift it is . When count Dooku fought TWO ENERGETIC MAN .. He fought easily . Using the force to help him . Just imagine Darth Vader hurling Darth Maul to the other side . Do you know why Palaptine wanted Darth Tyrannus to die? Why he wanted Darth Maul to die? Why Palpatine wanted Tyrannus to continue the Clone productions? .. All to get Anakin and be the ruler of the Galaxy . If Palpatine wanted to become the ruler of the Siths , he would need a good Sith apprentice .

Faith is Eternal.

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:51 pm

al13ns wrote:Cmd Faie,

well i enjoyed AVP, but still can't imagine the mighty Predator could lose to Alien, and the way they died was ridiculous, some even without fighting.

hmm i think i never read the SW novel, so i dont know that Maul's converted to a cyborg. how's he? more acrobatic? what happen to him after that? i just wanna see Maul [in blood and flesh] duel with Vader ahahha
In fact I thought AVP was nice, can't wait for AVP2 though, and I have yet to catch any predator movies, they're a bit old films and hard to hunt.
The predators look sleek, but the real face is... .. "fainted".
Aliens are cool man, i wonder the face hugger is the inspiration for the PC game Half-life's headcrab?

Darth maul seems to have longer life than what I expected... I didn't know until recently someone posted me the link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darth_Maul
Read down to the EU section.

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:41 pm

Greetings and welcome to the group! :D

Red_Fox2006

Post by Red_Fox2006 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:20 pm

Haldir .. An elven trooper?

Faith is Eternal.

Return to “Star Wars : Jedi or Sith ?”