PLEASE DELETE....ALL SOLD

Some "junk" to clear? Post your "For Sale" list here.

Moderators: Paul K, hbng, lewdini

Shangyou

Re: Movie prop replicas, life size Starwars statue, LOTR swo

Post by Shangyou » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:36 pm

trooperJ wrote:
Hei, I saw this scruffy looking carbonite scoundrel at Simply Toys Vivocity today.

:D :D :D
... someone bought it from the threadstarter and is re-selling it at Vivo City's Toy Outpost now..? (Probably even at a much higher price)

SingaporeGuy

Post by SingaporeGuy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:53 am

talk about flippers... wish it had gone to a collector instead. :cry:

Shangyou

Post by Shangyou » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:40 am

SingaporeGuy wrote:talk about flippers... wish it had gone to a collector instead. :cry:
I just hope that the person who did it isn't a member of this forum. :x

HyBRiD

Post by HyBRiD » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:23 pm

oh man.. it would be great to own it.. maybe threadstart left it there to sell =D
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force

stronghold

Han Carbonite

Post by stronghold » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:10 am

SingaporeGuy wrote:talk about flippers... wish it had gone to a collector instead. :cry:
Hi Guys

i am the one who took over the Han Carbonite "temporarily" to help out a collector fren simpleprops. He was about to cash out the han at a price in which i dun think was justifiable cos the statue is worth so much more. In my eyes, i would value it at $4k or more cos of the freight costs involved. So i feel the pain for him to let go of it at $1.5k.

I cant keep it at home right now cos i have a baby girl running around.. so i suggested for him that i pass him the $1500 to ease the cash flow and i will dispose the statue at the price he paid by asking simplytoys to do me this favour to put in the shop for some big time collector like eric khoo or some rich indo kid to buy it. Do u agree that it is so hard these days to sell one's toys, let alone a lifesize replica, isnt it?

After two months, if there is no takers.. i will get a place to keep it away till the day i hve my toyroom back again and will custom made it to be a table like

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=39500

Hope this clarify everything on whether who is the "flipper" yah... jus thought christmas is coming and i hope to be able to extend a helping hand to a fren. U never know in life when u need help too..

Merry xmas to all.

Stronghold (lawrence)
:)

Shangyou

Re: Han Carbonite

Post by Shangyou » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:26 am

stronghold wrote: i am the one who took over the Han Carbonite "temporarily" to help out a collector fren simpleprops.

In my eyes, i would value it at $4k or more cos of the freight costs involved.

So i feel the pain for him to let go of it at $1.5k.

so i suggested for him that i pass him the $1500 to ease the cash flow

i will dispose the statue at the price he paid by asking simplytoys to do me this favour to put in the shop for some big time collector like eric khoo or some rich indo kid to buy it.

i hope to be able to extend a helping hand to a fren.
Sorry I'm kinda confused here... :?
I don't really understand how this is helping him.
Aren't you the one who offered him the $1500 in the first place..?
And do you have to pay ST for putting the item in their shop..?
And you are selling it at the price he bought it for ($3200) at ST..?
If you manage to sell it then is the extra $1700 going to the threadstarter or yourself..?
If the extra $1700 is going to TS then I guess you're a really great person for helping TS out without gaining any profit at all. :)

stronghold

Post by stronghold » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:39 pm

Shangyou wrote:
stronghold wrote: i am the one who took over the Han Carbonite "temporarily" to help out a collector fren simpleprops.

i will dispose the statue at the price he paid by asking simplytoys to do me this favour to put in the shop for some big time collector like eric khoo or some rich indo kid to buy it.

If you manage to sell it then is the extra $1700 going to the threadstarter or yourself..?
If the extra $1700 is going to TS then I guess you're a really great person for helping TS out without gaining any profit at all. :)
Dear shangyou,

I'm not the one who offered him $1500. I am the other guy who offered to trade toys worth $3200 for the han carbonite so that it is easier to sell and get cash rather than to find a buyer for a lifesize replica worth more than $3K. But he prefer to let me have the statue at $1.5k for cash instead.

How does this benefit him? I "bought" him time to sell it at its rightful value at more than $3k instead of selling it at a low price and without hope of getting a better deal.

As for the arrangement with ST, we are offering them a cut of the sale to cover their shop space rental and credit card charges. After 2 months, if the han is not sold, i will have to take it back and store it up indefinitely. If it is sold, i will get him to buy me a toy from ST for the effort haha.

But to be frank, i dun think it is that easy to find a buyer for this lifesize piece unless u are a bachelor whom there is no one questioning why u are buying such an item to put at home haha or u are a die hard fan of that Han Carbonite scene in Jabba's lair..

Hope this clarify the issue.

Merry Xmas to all.

Lestrooper

Post by Lestrooper » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:45 pm

stronghold wrote:
Shangyou wrote:

Dear shangyou,

I'm not the one who offered him $1500. I am the other guy who offered to trade toys worth $3200 for the han carbonite so that it is easier to sell and get cash rather than to find a buyer for a lifesize replica worth more than $3K. But he prefer to let me have the statue at $1.5k for cash instead.

How does this benefit him? I "bought" him time to sell it at its rightful value at more than $3k instead of selling it at a low price and without hope of getting a better deal.

As for the arrangement with ST, we are offering them a cut of the sale to cover their shop space rental and credit card charges. After 2 months, if the han is not sold, i will have to take it back and store it up indefinitely. If it is sold, i will get him to buy me a toy from ST for the effort haha.

But to be frank, i dun think it is that easy to find a buyer for this lifesize piece unless u are a bachelor whom there is no one questioning why u are buying such an item to put at home haha or u are a die hard fan of that Han Carbonite scene in Jabba's lair..

Hope this clarify the issue.

Merry Xmas to all.
Lawrence BrO, thumb Up :D
TB8006 <SKETCH>
501st Legion, Singapore Garrison

When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Gets Going!

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:20 pm

yeah if i'm still a bachelor, i would buy it to accompany the lonely life-size Boba Fett...ha3

anyway, Merry Christmas, hopefully the prop can be sold out asap *cheers*
ImageImageImage

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:46 pm

stronghold wrote:If it is sold, i will get him to buy me a toy from ST for the effort haha.
I read the original reply posted this afternoon before it was updated to the above. Perhaps you should buy a toy for simplyprops instead, with your share of the difference that you will be splitting :wink:

Regardless, as long as simplyprops and stronghold are happy with their agreement, let's leave it as that. Merry Christmas to all :)
Administrator. Starwars.sg
IC/IS 3081. 501st Legion (Singapore Garrison)

SingaporeGuy

Post by SingaporeGuy » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:57 pm

Dranoel wrote:
stronghold wrote:If it is sold, i will get him to buy me a toy from ST for the effort haha.
I read the original reply posted this afternoon before it was updated to the above. Perhaps you should buy a toy for simplyprops instead, with your share of the difference that you will be splitting :wink:

Regardless, as long as simplyprops and stronghold are happy with their agreement, let's leave it as that. Merry Christmas to all :)
yep.

and stronghold kudos to you for lending a hand. know you as a starwars-mad person too, so we all know it did indeed go to a starwars enthusiast! :D

dennis, here. fellow MR falcon hunter.

yep, the carbonite is really a nice piece but lots of us gotta get past the permission of family members. else it would be sitting in my living room acting as a wall-divider. hehe. wish you have betta luck there. :p

stronghold

Post by stronghold » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:16 am

Dranoel wrote:

:) to be frank, that day happened too fast.. he needed the dough and we did not actually discussed on what if the Han is sold.. for me to keep the money or to split the money. But i know with the additional money, it will be good for him.. as for me, if i get part of the deal, i would still end up buying something from ST hahaha thatz why i would rather ask him to get me a Scout Trooper PF or something else out of it if it is really sold...

Till now, i have yet to hear from him cos he did not pass me the certificate of authenticity. Guess he is tied up trying to settle his stuff.. Hope all is well on his side this xmas.

Return to “Watto's Shop - "Junk" for sale”