Scalpers in Singapore

A wretched hive of scum and villainy . Gather here to talk about everything else , even non-Star Wars related . Just keep it PG rated please. ;)

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:58 pm

The age of scalpers is ending. The age of the collectors has now, begun

Due to the fact that the fad is more or less gone and only left real star wars fans who are into figures
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:44 am

e3lipse wrote:The age of scalpers is ending. The age of the collectors has now, begun

Due to the fact that the fad is more or less gone and only left real star wars fans who are into figures
Let's hope so. Scalpers are still around nowadays. Why can't they get another nice honest job? No offense but they're just depriving us way too much.

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:12 pm

Commander Faie wrote:
e3lipse wrote:The age of scalpers is ending. The age of the collectors has now, begun

Let's hope so. Scalpers are still around nowadays. Why can't they get another nice honest job? No offense but they're just depriving us way too much.
They got jobs..seriously...

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:49 pm

e3lipse wrote:
Commander Faie wrote:

They got jobs..seriously...
Thats not a honest-job... its manipulating with us!

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:54 pm

I think what e3lipse meant is that they have proper full-time jobs... scalping is just a sideline or "hobby" to them :(

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:03 pm

Dranoel wrote:I think what e3lipse meant is that they have proper full-time jobs... scalping is just a sideline or "hobby" to them :(
That's pretty sad. Nowadays everyone gets tempted by profits. Since scalping is NOT illegal, we have nothing much to argue. Sigh. Money makes the world go round.

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:26 pm

It's just like the stock market, if u think the price will go up, feel free to buy up the counter, as long as u have enough fund. No one can stop u, it's free market.

Buying is simple, but selling is difficult. If u predict the future price wrongly, u either make a loss, or worse, no one is going to buy from u and u will be leaving with a huge stock of unwanted goods.

To beat the scalpers is simple ... everyone stop buying, and the scalpers will be in deep water of cash-tight & warehouse problems.

But if u can't control your urge to buy, then u will fall right into the trap of scalper. :wink:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:40 pm

To beat the scalpers is simple ... everyone stop buying, and the scalpers will be in deep water of cash-tight & warehouse problems.
By theory, yes, i t works. By Practical, it's very very hard. The sad thing is that there'll always be innocents going around by accident and get straight into the traps of scalpers.

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:12 pm

Commander Faie wrote:
By theory, yes, i t works. By Practical, it's very very hard. The sad thing is that there'll always be innocents going around by accident and get straight into the traps of scalpers.
Perhaps on the bright side, it's fun.
Going against time to fight for something

ARC

Post by ARC » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:38 am

I say we buy up ALL (ALL) the hotter figures and sell it to the true collectors at retail befor selling the excess to the scalpers at sky high prices! HAHA ain't I smart?!

No. Haha forget about it.

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:18 am

ARC wrote:I say we buy up ALL (ALL) the hotter figures and sell it to the true collectors at retail befor selling the excess to the scalpers at sky high prices! HAHA ain't I smart?!

Then the scalpers will become collectors and we'll become scalpers... :lol:

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:43 am

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:
ARC wrote:I say we buy up ALL (ALL) the hotter figures and sell it to the true collectors at retail befor selling the excess to the scalpers at sky high prices! HAHA ain't I smart?!

Then the scalpers will become collectors and we'll become scalpers... :lol:
sounds like a cycle, and we get influenece by the dark side and we become scalpers waiting to eat up money of new geneation scalpers!

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:15 pm

Ok folks. I have something to share with you folks. I think it is not wise to crack up a new thread so I put it down here.

I was cleaning my house (minor spring cleaning, sorta) and I was counting and examining my clone army and other collectables.
Then I decide to count the amount of peanuts I spent on the clone army.

And so shocking enough, I just realize I had 'donated' $62 to the charitable scalpers. Oh man. You must know how much I given that away by accident, given that I bought some stuff from scalpers not knowing about good lobangs from retailers.
Man...i'm screwed. :roll:
That's a hard lesson learnt. I can't hate them. I have to blame my stupidity. Sigh.
Do you guys also accidentally donated peanuts to scalpers too?
If my parents ever found out I donated $62 to charitable scalpers, they will kill me. :X

freefly

Post by freefly » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:21 pm

too lazy to count but yeah it'll probably come to around $150

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:27 pm

freefly wrote:too lazy to count but yeah it'll probably come to around $150
$150 to scalpers or u spent $150 in total of your SW collection?

I spent nearly shocking approximately ~$900 for my SW stuff! (With scalpers eaten the profits counted inside)!!!
I am soooo dead.

Return to “The Mos Eisley Cantina”