What car do you drive?

A wretched hive of scum and villainy . Gather here to talk about everything else , even non-Star Wars related . Just keep it PG rated please. ;)

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

Gandalf Fett

What car do you drive?

Post by Gandalf Fett » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:24 pm

I've totally lost faith in the reliability of my car and was wondering what others are driving and what kind of experiences their ride gives them.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:44 pm

I got a fleet of mercedes and volvos at my command, quite reliable though my chauffers can be quite reckless .

Also are my legs which serve me pretty well

:D

My dad drives Sonata and its pretty good . Big on the inside
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:16 pm

Oh Yeah, I have managed quite a fleet of Merz and Volvos in my time as well. Then time got on and I was left with only one solitary temperamental vehicle which I had to drive myself as well! MAN!

Imagine the inconveniences that I have to deal with what with no drivers to transport me to my desired destination and having to have to beat the traffic to get there myself. And making me lose my much needed sleep or extra time to catch up on my reading.

Worst of all, since I got my own singular vehicle, I didn't any chance to walk as well, thereby adding more spare tyres to places unwanted / unnecessary.

You are truly blessed you are.

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:35 pm

e3lipse wrote:I got a fleet of mercedes and volvos at my command
That was exactly what came to my mind and I wanted to post too :lol:

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:27 pm

I drove Hyundai Elantras for 12 years .... 3 different ones over the years. Did not break down , but parts were very , very costly to replace . It was also not economical to run, fuel wise .

My third Elantra was the worst , after 3 years, little things kept breaking down, the electronic things like automatic locking system, the automatic windows . I drove for 2 months without proper airconditioning until I gave up . It was too expensive to repair .

That made me swear NEVER to buy another korean car, so I ended up making a decision on the spot to buy a Chevrolet Optra ( an american brand ) . Only AFTER I signed the sales contract did I find out that the Chevrolet Optra was a retooled Daewoo , which had been sold to General Motors after it went bust ! :shock:

Sigh ..... so I am still driving a korean designed and manufactured car 1 year on . It's ok , doesn't give me much problems, but I'm still waiting....

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:32 pm

By the way, what car are you driving, gandalf ?

Oh and did you know there are actually forums dedicated to Bus spotting ? :shock: It's amazing that there are many Singaporeans who can wax lyrical over the state of public buses on our roads ...

http://www.buses.sgforums.com/?action=s ... _str=buses

Unbelievable ....

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:48 pm

danchia wrote:By the way, what car are you driving, gandalf ?

Oh and did you know there are actually forums dedicated to Bus spotting ? :shock: It's amazing that there are many Singaporeans who can wax lyrical over the state of public buses on our roads ...

Unbelievable ....
My goodness... nevermind ppl who snap sports cars or planes but buses?! now this is new

what hispano dunno what cac they discuss about hehe
i know one thing. Volvo and mercs . Hehe

i got 2 pictures i took on the bus, will post it after my last paper tomorrow which im screwing. Lol

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:54 pm

e3lipse wrote:
i got 2 pictures i took on the bus, will post it after my last paper tomorrow which im screwing. Lol
Oh dear , study hard, my friend , and do your best tomorrow. I hope you do great in the paper tomorrow !

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:02 pm

danchia wrote:
e3lipse wrote:
Oh dear , study hard, my friend , and do your best tomorrow. I hope you do great in the paper tomorrow !
ah trust me i wouldn't its a silly module .everyone hates it. heh...

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:04 pm

Sounds awful, man .....

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:06 pm

danchia wrote:By the way, what car are you driving, gandalf ?

Unbelievable ....
In England they've got these bunch of losers who spot trains. We call them trainspotters. Here we've got BUS-SPOTTERS!?!?!?!??!?! Just how sad is that!?!?!?! I mean... it can't possibly get any sadder than this right?

I'm driving a C200..... :oops:

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:32 pm

At least it's not a Korean car ! LOL :lol:

Return to “The Mos Eisley Cantina”