绝对 SuperStar Results . Kelvin (weilia

A wretched hive of scum and villainy . Gather here to talk about everything else , even non-Star Wars related . Just keep it PG rated please. ;)

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

绝对 SuperStar Results . Kelvin (weilia

Post by e3lipse » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:17 pm

Here is something I am pondering over

Land fall of 64% over 36%

It occured to me , no i never watched any of the show but based on what i read and heard, Wei Lian cannot sing as well as Kelly ,and judges are more favourable of Kelly .

Kelly sings way better than Wei Lian.
But how did Wei Lian win?

Symphathy?
Cuz Singaporeans dunno what is good music?

I would go with sympathy, too many symphaty voters, spoiling the results.. All was favourable for Kelly

Even during the males shortlisting, they say he keeps making it because of sympathy.
Whats your take on this?

Yes, sympatise we should , but not by voting for him even though he isn good.

Sympathy votes have spoiled lots of competitions like this....
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:29 pm

The way I see it, publicity...

Dun think there is ANY blind singer in ANY Asian country, shd generate enough hype and publicity wherever he goes.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:46 am

I didn't watch the series , and have never heard either one sing.

Is Wei Lian that bad a singer ?

The way I see it is this ... the younger viewers all voted for Kelly . BUT the aunties and uncles with the spare cash to spare all voted for Wei Lian .

Just my flawed theory . Flawed because I cannot imagine the Uncles and Aunties power voting by sms ! :shock:

Anyway, kudos to Wei Lian .... I think he deserves a break in life. It never is easy to be disabled in any way, and I am happy for him.

As for Kelly, not to worry .... I am sure she will have a successful career , probably much more successful than Wei Lian's .....

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:39 pm

True that Kelly sang and performed better than Weilian that night... but arguably, Xinhui sang better than Kelly in the females final 8)

The fact is this is not purely a Talent contest to pick the best singer/performer. To be a SuperStar involves the support and following of fans and friends.

The votes may also have been swayed in the opposite direction by the judges comments which were strongly in Kelly's favour. Some viewers may tend to cast their votes for the underdog (perceived), so as to provide balance to the force.... erm, I mean balance the score.

Return to “The Mos Eisley Cantina”