PayPal = Pal of Payer! Seller beware! Hope this never happen

A wretched hive of scum and villainy . Gather here to talk about everything else , even non-Star Wars related . Just keep it PG rated please. ;)

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

gundam_skywalker

PayPal = Pal of Payer! Seller beware! Hope this never happen

Post by gundam_skywalker » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:40 pm

Got this case recently.

A German buyer contacted me and asked me to help get toy which is not available in his Country.
Helped him. Got his payment from PayPal and sent his item by Sing Post.
Buyer informed me that he got a dispute at Germany claiming German side imposing tax on him.
I contacted Sing Post but they can't help.
Buyer submit dispute on me through PayPal.
After a month, PayPal deduct my payment and return to buyer.
Appealed and PayPal declined my appeal regardless of the receipt, photo of parcel and postage receipt I showed PayPal.
Called PayPal and they said their policy is as long as buyer never received item, he is right.
So, two things learnt. Seller is not protected using PayPal. If you later regret buying the item, you can make a fuss and refuse to accept the parcel. Then claim seller back your money.

I am not sure what to do now? Should I go to Small Claims Tribunal or make Police Report against PayPal? Anyone here had any experience to share?

Does PayPal had the right to judge unjustly on dispute when we agreed on their agreement when we sign up with PayPal?

The deal is direct. Never gone to Ebay so Seller Protection is not valid. How good is Seller Protection I am not sure.

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:07 pm

how much money are we talking about here?

gundam_skywalker

Post by gundam_skywalker » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:35 am

$200.

Return to “The Mos Eisley Cantina”