Disney to buy Marvel in $4 bln deal

A wretched hive of scum and villainy . Gather here to talk about everything else , even non-Star Wars related . Just keep it PG rated please. ;)

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

Lord_Angelus

Disney to buy Marvel in $4 bln deal

Post by Lord_Angelus » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:19 am

WASHINGTON (AFP) - - The Walt Disney Co. said on Monday it had agreed to buy Marvel Entertainment Inc., whose stable of characters include "Spider-Man," "Iron Man" and the "X-Men," in a stock and cash deal valued at four billion dollars.

"We believe that adding Marvel to Disneys unique portfolio of brands provides significant opportunities for long-term growth and value creation," Disney president and chief executive Robert Iger said in a statement.

"We are pleased to bring this talent and these great assets to Disney."

Marvel chief executive Ike Perlmutter said Disney is "the perfect home for Marvels fantastic library of characters given its proven ability to expand content creation and licensing businesses.

"This is an unparalleled opportunity for Marvel to build upon its vibrant brand and character properties by accessing Disneys tremendous global organization and infrastructure around the world.," he added.

Besides "Spider-Man," "Iron Man" and the "X-Men," Marvel's cast of over 5,000 characters includes "Captain America," the "Fantastic Four" and "Thor."

Disney and Marvel said Marvel shareholders would receive a total of 30 dollars per share in cash plus approximately 0.745 Disney shares for each Marvel share they own.

It said that based on the closing price of Disney stock on Friday, the transaction value is 50 dollars per Marvel share or approximately four billion dollars.

Perlmutter will continue to oversee the Marvel properties, which include Marvel Studios, Marvel Animation and Marvel Comics, and will "work directly with Disneys global lines of business to build and further integrate Marvels properties," the statement said.

It said the boards of directors of both companies have approved the transaction but it still needs the green light from anti-trust authorities and Marvel shareholders.

jenki

Post by jenki » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:45 am

Super Pluto vs Venom

Lord_Angelus

Post by Lord_Angelus » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:51 am

jenki wrote:Super Pluto vs Venom
Mickey and X-men speaking of love and non-sex

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:00 am

...and everyone lives happily ever after...

OH THE HOROR!

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:22 am

yay DC FTW!
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

Shangyou

Post by Shangyou » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:28 am

You can count on many superhero fights happening in Disneyland from now on.

zirst

Post by zirst » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:51 pm

Imagine Spidey fighting alongside the cast of .............High school musical :shock: !

Lord_Angelus

Post by Lord_Angelus » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:13 pm

hehehehe!

Gordonator

Post by Gordonator » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:43 pm

not to mention talking and singing animals...

zirst

Post by zirst » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:03 pm

Quite lame and ugly :P. Not easy using touchpad to draw :lol: !

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:16 am

so does it mean we can't see spidey/batman/capt'n america or whoever marvel characters at Universal Studios at all ? so all will be at Disneyland ? that would be boring man!!!
ImageImageImage

Return to “The Mos Eisley Cantina”