Introduction again please everyone!

A wretched hive of scum and villainy . Gather here to talk about everything else , even non-Star Wars related . Just keep it PG rated please. ;)

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

Commander Appo

Post by Commander Appo » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:06 am

The name's Gaz. I'm 30 years and 8 days old so I guess I'm one of the more senior collectors here. I'm an educator of young minds and I've been doing it for about 4 years. Live in the Northeast of Singapore with my wife in my executive apartment.

I'm not a hardcore SW fan but I did grow up watching the movies in the cinema. I'm more of a LOTR fan. That's why most of my statues are from that genre though I started collecting Kotobukiya SW vinyl statues recently. Currently, I have 6 but I'm sure it will definitely grow in months to come. I'm more of a high end collector and waiting patiently for Sideshow to ship the premium format General Grievous statue which should be end of this year or early next year. That statue alone will cost me close to SG$1k inclusive of shipping and tax. :roll:

I collect statues from Bowen too and I'm contemplating whether I should start collecting Marvel statues from a company named Hard Hero which produces limited number of statues but they look pretty good. To date I've spent close to $7k on my collection and it doesn't look like it'll end anytime soon. :D
Commander Appo@Jedi Temple

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:58 pm

ANNOUNCING the ARRIVAL of The SITH OverLORD again

Thanks to heads up given by Plo Strax-Avix in his earlier post I thought that I have had done my 1st round of Introductions at the SITH thread. 8)

Another Malaysian here besides Plo Strax-Avix. I'm from the Klang Valley, Central Zone and around 4 Hours plus drive from the North of Singapore. I'm also active in www.sgcollect.com forums (under the ID of Vintage_Gentleman) and at www.moviemania.com.sg/forums/ under this SAME ID, so if you are a member of these Singapore fanbased forums, chances are we would have "met" online before! :D

I have been sucked into this fandom phenomenon called STAR WARS since the FIRST movie : A NEW HOPE was released in Kuala Lumpur back in 1978. Yes I'm one of the very few forum members who had the priviledge of watching the ORIGINAL STAR WARS TRILOGY when the 3 movies were originally shown on the big screen.

I'm strong FOCUSED into the Vintage KENNER Star Wars toy that was released from 1978 to 1985. Also on and off, I acquire some of the newer Hasbro pieces especially for FIGURES of CHARACTERS that were NEVER released in the Vintage Kenner line.

Only very recently in anticipation with the STAR WARS Episode III hype, I have taken a deep interest in STAR WARS Costuming i.e. making costumes of STAR WARS characters from the Original Trilogy such as the Emperor's Royal Guard and making public appearances in Malaysia as shown in this pic here :

and from the STAR WARS prequels as Darth Sidious here :

In addition to Star Wars, my other sci fi genre interests are Star Trek (the classic 1960's TV Series), Matrix Trilogy, Terminator Trilogy, Battlestar Galactica (the classic 1980's TV Series) and also into Japanese Tokusatsu heroes like the Classic KAMEN RIDERS and the Ultramen brothers of the 1960's-1980's.

I will be coming into Singapore on 10 - 14 December 2005 as part of the
MySciFiFan STAR WARS Costumed Contingent and expect to appear with the Contingent in our STAR WARS Costumes at SINGAPORE SCIENCE CENTER on 11 December 2005. Therefore I hope to get to know as many of you forum members as possible before the actual meet up when the Contingent is here in Singapore. :)
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870
Outpost Founding Member and CO Emeritus

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:16 pm

It will be great getting to meet you and the other members of the MySciFiFan STAR WARS Costumed Contingent

The Star Wars community is a global one, so it's wonderful having you all join us at the Exhibition , and we will warmly welcome you when you and your contingent comes to Singapore !

That will be something really great to look forward to !

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:04 pm

danchia wrote:It will be great getting to meet you and the other members of the MySciFiFan STAR WARS Costumed Contingent

The Star Wars community is a global one, so it's wonderful having you all join us at the Exhibition , and we will warmly welcome you when you and your contingent comes to Singapore !

That will be something really great to look forward to !
Thanks for the welcome Dan. I have posted a special thread :MySciFiFan's ART OF STAR WARS Expedition : 10-14 Dec 2005 for us to discuss further in www.starwars.sg forums. :)
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870
Outpost Founding Member and CO Emeritus

vector_prime

Post by vector_prime » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:15 pm

donleow wrote:don leow
a fanatic for all starwars exhibition which i will travel far outside singapore just for a view and visit and a completist for tie fighter

i actually got my entire set of tie fighter collected less the one from ep3

nice to meet all of u
Today was a good day. I made a new friend/collector

Nice meeting you Don :D

cheers!
* You should be more concerned with character than reputation because character is who you are, while reputation is merely what others think.

=PATIENCE HAS IT's REWARDS=

SierraCon

Hi all From The Other Side of the Galaxy

Post by SierraCon » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:59 pm

Hiya Guys Franklin Joseph Here Big star wars fan I know Some Of U Guys from the startrek.sg Forums

So May the force be With U

http://flickr.com/photos/franklinjoseph/

(yo Stomies Check out The Pics)

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:36 pm

Hi Franklin and Welcome to the group. :D

Nice meeting you last weekend at the Chalet. ;)

raksha

Post by raksha » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:44 pm

An Intro topic?i thought you guys had a forum for that? :P

hi,im raksha,but my real name is reuben....i live in the north of singapore and a big fan of the prequels(cmon guys not so bad wat :D )and a decent fan of the originals......13 years old as of now(14 next year)
Imagehttp://www.freewebs.com/otakuplanet/the ... ID=1569816 copy and paste the link.you know you want to.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:45 pm

raksha wrote:An Intro topic?i thought you guys had a forum for that? :P

hi,im raksha,but my real name is reuben....i live in the north of singapore and a big fan of the prequels(cmon guys not so bad wat :D )and a decent fan of the originals......13 years old as of now(14 next year)

Hi Raksha !

Welcome to starwars.sg , and it's always nice to see a whole new generation of Star Wars fans . Many of us are fans because of the Classic Trilogy, which we saw and were blown away by, when we were just about your age. Now here you are, a Star Wars fan because of the prequels, and in time to come, who knows, you may welcome a whole generation of new fans in twenty years' time, when Lucasfilm releases a new series of Star Wars films. :)

Keep the force strong in you, my friend ! :D

darthkimmy

Post by darthkimmy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:37 am

Oh wow haha this thread got revived after 3 years?! WOAH.

Haha HI EVERYONE!
I'm KIMBERLY! But everyone calls me Kim or Kimmy(:

I'm a huge original trilogy fan, though the prequels are what made me fall in love with Star Wars (:

I am gonna turn 15 in 4 months and 17 days! Yeahhhh.
So I guess I'm like one of the youngest people here(:

BUT DON'T WORRY I CAN TOTALLY TELL EVERYONE IS REALLY YOUNG AT HEART xD

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:49 am

Hello Darth Kimmy!
=)
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

Shangyou

Post by Shangyou » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:22 am

darthkimmy wrote:Oh wow haha this thread got revived after 3 years?! WOAH.

Haha HI EVERYONE!

I'm a huge original trilogy fan, though the prequels are what made me fall in love with Star Wars (:

Omg ur a girl? :shock:

Kyrios29

Post by Kyrios29 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:39 pm

Hey there everyone... Mizi here, 22 from up north... Woodlands actually... Really a geek to Star Wars ever since the Original Trilogy... and looking forward to more n more star wars here... Recently got into collecting... got to know that the flea market from Clarke Quay moved to CSC last two weeks... ahahaha... got a sandtrooper thou... ahaha... nice to meet everyone here...
There is no Death.... There is The Force

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:31 pm

Kyrios29 wrote:Hey there everyone... Mizi here, 22 from up north... Woodlands actually... Really a geek to Star Wars ever since the Original Trilogy... and looking forward to more n more star wars here... Recently got into collecting... got to know that the flea market from Clarke Quay moved to CSC last two weeks... ahahaha... got a sandtrooper thou... ahaha... nice to meet everyone here...
nice to see another guy from woodlands!
and i'm 22 too!
=)
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

raksha

Post by raksha » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:29 pm

darthkimmy wrote:Oh wow haha this thread got revived after 3 years?! WOAH.

Haha HI EVERYONE!

I beat you to the punch.I'm 14.XD
Imagehttp://www.freewebs.com/otakuplanet/the ... ID=1569816 copy and paste the link.you know you want to.

Return to “The Mos Eisley Cantina”