Read those <ADV> advertisement SMSes carefully

A wretched hive of scum and villainy . Gather here to talk about everything else , even non-Star Wars related . Just keep it PG rated please. ;)

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

dranoel
Site Admin

Read those <ADV> advertisement SMSes carefully

Post by dranoel » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:04 am

Just want to raise awareness and encourage everyone to read your SMSes carefully... even those that are tagged <ADV> and coming from your own mobile service provider.

My mobile service provider recently decided to push down a "value-added" service, for which they sent out an <ADV> SMS to inform that they have automatically opted me in for the 1-month trial promotion. The service is free during this 1-month trial, but will incur monthly charges thereafter. If I decide not to continue the service, I need to dial back or go online to opt out before the 1-month period expires.

So if I did not read the SMS fully, and fail to follow up to opt out, I would end up paying monthly charges for a service that I never requested.

Incidentally, the 1-month period expires on Christmas day, and they would send me another SMS on that day to inform that the service becomes chargeable from then on. Interesting Christmas gift for them to give me :roll:

GenXstealth

Post by GenXstealth » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:09 am

Which moblie service provider are you using?
"If you strike me down, I will be more powerful than you think!"

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:23 am

thanks for the info...just realized that few days ago, i received one "ADV", and didn't even bother to read it. actually if u want to stop ADV, just reply UNSUB...they really know how to make money...someone surely will complain thru the newspaper
ImageImageImage

Return to “The Mos Eisley Cantina”