Custom Acrylic Display Case

A wretched hive of scum and villainy . Gather here to talk about everything else , even non-Star Wars related . Just keep it PG rated please. ;)

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Custom Acrylic Display Case

Post by al13ns » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:13 pm

Hey guys,

Any recommendation on where i can make a custom "clear color" acrylic display case shown below ?

one company quoted ~S$190 for 1 case with 5 mm thick acrylic.

ImageImageImage

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:12 pm

just a suggestion:
since u are not making anything fancy, have u tried buying acrylic sheets frm art friends, and use epoxy (those clear liquids) and glue em into a case?

i remember its doable in my secondary school days.
And all u need are 4 good corner clamps. and it takes like 20 mins to cure fully.

Then to strengthen it, u can run araldite (epoxy resin 2 part mixtures) on the inside seams of the joints.
"In my books; Experience outranks everything"

al13ns

Post by al13ns » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:42 pm

yup Jacen, that's what i thought...but do they have acrylic sheets as big as what i want ? maybe i should go to bras basah this weekend...btw that art friends' located at bras basah complex, rite?
ImageImageImage

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:30 am

yup, theres one at BBC...i usually go there instead of the taka one.

if u really cant find, u might need to go industrial areas where they have such big sheets.
"In my books; Experience outranks everything"

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:48 pm

i just went to bras basah the other day... there is one shop at ground level doing posters and sign boards just in front the escalator. (u couldnt missed tat)
they r selling big sheets of acrylic too, so need not go industrial area. :wink:

art friend selling smaller sheets BUT i'm not sure if they are selling the size u wan. anyways, u can go art friend and get the acrylic 'glue' and other stuff to build ur crystal case.
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

al13ns

Post by al13ns » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:00 pm

ahh yes thanks so much for the info...will go there this saturday...i'm running out of space to display my "toys" so i'm planning to use the space on top of the detolf, that's why i need the acrylic cover.
ImageImageImage

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:26 am

Bro check out the 3rd floor, i think its the 3rd floor. Basically up the escalators, then turn left walk all the way till the end, round the corner.well, if you see saga city, its past that round the corner......theres a shop that sells and makes only acrylic stuff.
"The Darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities that some consider to be unnatural.....is it possible to learn those powers? YES, Not from a Jedi..."

stevkee

Post by stevkee » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:07 am

Hi Guys,
Hope it not too late. You can try this place.

http://www.eepiart.com.sg/

My MR Y wing display case was done there. Cheaper than BBC.

chrisrich

Post by chrisrich » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:16 am

If you are still looking....I picked up a display case a little while ago. I used it to house my 1st gen figures and toys. My favorites are my AT-AT and SLAVE1 ships. I also have a vintage cardboard diorama of the Death Star (too big for the case though). The case is pretty cool. It has variable lighting (i put in a red light). I also put a starfield as a backdrop. Hope that helps.
cool Star Wars display cases

Return to “The Mos Eisley Cantina”