The Simpsons Episode With A Star Wars Star

A wretched hive of scum and villainy . Gather here to talk about everything else , even non-Star Wars related . Just keep it PG rated please. ;)

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

Zul

The Simpsons Episode With A Star Wars Star

Post by Zul » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:35 pm

Ha Ha! Life is a comedy, really..........no matter how tragic sometimes.

Last night while rummaging through my vast VCD collection, I happened to stumble across The Simpsons VCD collection with 2 discs inside. The collection is called The Simpsons Strike Back. The cover is that of Homer as Darth Vader clashing lightsabers with Bart dressed as Luke Skywalker. There are 2 episodes per disc and one of them is Mayored To The Mob.

For the record, "Mayored to the Mob" is the ninth episode of The Simpsons' tenth season, which was originally broadcasted on December 20, 1998.

I had forgotten all about it, truly. But I watched through the whole episode last night and got a good kick out of it at the end. Guess who is the guest star of the show? Why, none other than Mark Hamill playing himself!

Actually, he appeared at the beginning, playing his SW alter ego at a science fiction convention called Bi-Mon-Sci-Fi-Con........which is of course an idiosyncratic truncated term for Bimonthly Science Fiction Convention. But he was there not to relive his movie memories but to promote long distance call save scheme.

Somehow they clamoured him to talk about SW and he obliged but then the crowd turned wild when everybody began to urge Luke Skywalker to appoint a Ben Kenobi from among themselves. Homer Simpson stepped in to rescue Mark Hamill and Mayor Quimby from the rioting fans.

That was how Homer became Quimby's bodyguard and we don't see MH until later in the show when he appeared in a Broadway stage play with a light saber.......gonna watch it again tonight :lol:

The Star Wars satire in particular and science fiction in general is deliciously humourous.....
"Size matters not.Look at me.Judge me by my size,do you?Hmm? And well you should not.For my ally is the Force.And a powerful ally it is.Life creates it,makes it grow.Its energy surrounds us and binds us.Luminous beings are we,not this crude matter..."

Zul

The Simpsons Star Wars Opening+Bonus

Post by Zul » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:32 pm

Hey you guys! Check out this url:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1aqQ8UL ... re=related

Cool isn't it? 8)
"Size matters not.Look at me.Judge me by my size,do you?Hmm? And well you should not.For my ally is the Force.And a powerful ally it is.Life creates it,makes it grow.Its energy surrounds us and binds us.Luminous beings are we,not this crude matter..."

Return to “The Mos Eisley Cantina”