Omnia vs 3G Iphone

A wretched hive of scum and villainy . Gather here to talk about everything else , even non-Star Wars related . Just keep it PG rated please. ;)

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

Which would you buy?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:04 pm

Samsung Omnia
30%
Apple 3G iphone
70%

Total votes: 10

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:11 am

mosske wrote:Yes, HyBRiD, you're right...the blue tooth only works for handsfree devices. :(

Anyway, I've been emailing images instead of MMSing them because I also have the same plan as you, 2GB data per month so it makes sense. I'm still receiving MMSes here and there which I need to login to Singtel to retrieve and that kinda sucks. I'm still hoping that some upgrade will come along to fill the gaps. Media-wise, I've no complaints - it rocks! Its just the phone functions that need improvement. Still, its a lot less buggy that the earlier release. :)
Bro if you need help on your phony, drop me a call or Pm ........
"The Darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities that some consider to be unnatural.....is it possible to learn those powers? YES, Not from a Jedi..."

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:14 am

mandalorianBleahhh wrote:generally, i love iphone; the user-feel kicks any phone's ass anytime.

but usability, omnia is much more versatile (windows mobile).

anyway, if everyones carrying an iphone, wads so fresh abt it.
Actually, if you talk about versatile.....i would beg to differ to a certain extent. The Apps, that you can find and use for the iphone is scary and increasing at a alarming rate.......everyday.

The main reason, i switch to the iphone is becoz i don't like WM, laggy and slow, wated to give OSX a chance.
"The Darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities that some consider to be unnatural.....is it possible to learn those powers? YES, Not from a Jedi..."

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:26 pm

mosske wrote:The iPhone has bluetooth. I've been using my iPhone for a while now and I'm getting pretty irritated with it...here's the probs I'm facing:

1. No SMS Forward function.
2. No Copy & Paste function.
3. No MMS.
4. When you dial a number thats in your Contacts, you cant see which number you dialed if the person has 2 numbers under their name.
oh... and it keeps correcting your spelling. Eg Warren becomes Watten. right mosske?
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

HyBRiD

Post by HyBRiD » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:11 pm

that lightsaber application can't be found anymore.. sad.. courtesy of GL
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:47 pm

mosske wrote:Yes, HyBRiD, you're right...the blue tooth only works for handsfree devices. :(

Anyway, I've been emailing images instead of MMSing them because I also have the same plan as you, 2GB data per month so it makes sense. I'm still receiving MMSes here and there which I need to login to Singtel to retrieve and that kinda sucks. I'm still hoping that some upgrade will come along to fill the gaps. Media-wise, I've no complaints - it rocks! Its just the phone functions that need improvement. Still, its a lot less buggy that the earlier release. :)
mosske, what's the use of bluetooth when it can only connect to handsfree devices? =no bluetooth. i cant bluetooth pics to him, nor music, nor anything!

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:40 pm

Red_5 wrote:
mandalorianBleahhh wrote:generally, i love iphone; the user-feel kicks any phone's ass anytime.

Actually, if you talk about versatile.....i would beg to differ to a certain extent. The Apps, that you can find and use for the iphone is scary and increasing at a alarming rate.......everyday.

The main reason, i switch to the iphone is becoz i don't like WM, laggy and slow, wated to give OSX a chance.
if u are talking abt the lightsaber kinda apps, then i think its not much more practical then wookie pooh. No offence, but its the truth.
"In my books; Experience outranks everything"

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:34 pm

HyBRiD wrote:that lightsaber application can't be found anymore.. sad.. courtesy of GL
I have it installed on my 2.1 iphone now.....o.O :twisted:

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:35 pm

mandalorianBleahhh wrote:
Red_5 wrote:

if u are talking abt the lightsaber kinda apps, then i think its not much more practical then wookie pooh. No offence, but its the truth.
Yeah i guess so, at lest does not smell in my pocket hehe. It's just for the fun nia lah, no practical use at all.

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:36 pm

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo wrote:

mosske, what's the use of bluetooth when it can only connect to handsfree devices? =no bluetooth. i cant bluetooth pics to him, nor music, nor anything!
But, erhh i can email you, wifi you mah.

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:37 pm

mosske wrote:The iPhone has bluetooth. I've been using my iPhone for a while now and I'm getting pretty irritated with it...here's the probs I'm facing:

1. No SMS Forward function.
2. No Copy & Paste function.
3. No MMS.
4. When you dial a number thats in your Contacts, you cant see which number you dialed if the person has 2 numbers under their name.
oh... and it keeps correcting your spelling. Eg Warren becomes Watten. right mosske?
Hmmmm, if you dont like that, you can always disable it.

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:48 pm

Red_5 wrote:

Red_5, the firepower was directed at mosske... =P
btw, i'm using SonyE 910 and in middle of the road finding the place. so where in sg can i get connected online? =(

HyBRiD

Post by HyBRiD » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:30 am

well the iphone is a product of apple so itunes won't allow u to share songs so i guess that's why u can't send songs. i guess only people who don't use mac will complain about not having stuff in the iphone. considering the first phone they ever built.. i would say it's pretty much a killer.. lolz
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:28 pm

Red_5 wrote:
Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo wrote: mosske, what's the use of bluetooth when it can only connect to handsfree devices? =no bluetooth. i cant bluetooth pics to him, nor music, nor anything!
Red_5, the firepower was directed at mosske... =P
btw, i'm using SonyE 910 and in middle of the road finding the place. so where in sg can i get connected online? =(
no offence mosske and Red_5. apologies if i have offended u.

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:44 pm

you must be joking......hehehe. How could we have been offended? No worries bro...........peace in the galaxy :D

Return to “The Mos Eisley Cantina”