Omnia vs 3G Iphone

A wretched hive of scum and villainy . Gather here to talk about everything else , even non-Star Wars related . Just keep it PG rated please. ;)

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

Which would you buy?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:04 pm

Samsung Omnia
30%
Apple 3G iphone
70%

Total votes: 10

Boba_Fett

Omnia vs 3G Iphone

Post by Boba_Fett » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:38 am

Let's hear some comments and opnions on the two. 8) Poll included..
Last edited by Boba_Fett on Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Do! Or do not! There is no try

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:46 am

lol sick thread.......iphone wins hands down.
"The Darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities that some consider to be unnatural.....is it possible to learn those powers? YES, Not from a Jedi..."

Boba_Fett

Post by Boba_Fett » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:20 pm

Red_5 wrote:lol sick thread.......iphone wins hands down.
haha, not interested in your comments...want to see others... :lol:

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:06 pm

Boba_Fett wrote:
Red_5 wrote:lol sick thread.......iphone wins hands down.
haha, not interested in your comments...want to see others... :lol:
hehe i guess as much....must use Jedi mind tricks on you lol.
"The Darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities that some consider to be unnatural.....is it possible to learn those powers? YES, Not from a Jedi..."

Shangyou

Post by Shangyou » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:56 pm

iPhone!! I'm going to get it next month hohoho.

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:12 pm

generally, i love iphone; the user-feel kicks any phone's ass anytime.

but usability, omnia is much more versatile (windows mobile).

anyway, if everyones carrying an iphone, wads so fresh abt it.
"In my books; Experience outranks everything"

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:24 pm

i almost want to get iphone 3G as well...but after i read those comments in the cnetasia...i think i'm goin to pass this iphone...maybe goin for htc touch pro ? but comparing omnia to iphone...i still prefer iphone...
ImageImageImage

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:03 am

a friend of mine has a iphone. 2 drawbacks.
1. you can't forward sms to another person.
2. it does not have bluetooth.

another friend has sumsung. 1 drawback.
1. cannot open too many applications. have to close some applications or else memory gets choked up and phone will either be VERY slow or hang. typical windows mah.
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

mosske

Post by mosske » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:53 pm

The iPhone has bluetooth. I've been using my iPhone for a while now and I'm getting pretty irritated with it...here's the probs I'm facing:

1. No SMS Forward function.
2. No Copy & Paste function.
3. No MMS.
4. When you dial a number thats in your Contacts, you cant see which number you dialed if the person has 2 numbers under their name.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

HyBRiD

Post by HyBRiD » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:56 am

mosske wrote:The iPhone has bluetooth. I've been using my iPhone for a while now and I'm getting pretty irritated with it...here's the probs I'm facing:

3. No MMS.
4. When you dial a number thats in your Contacts, you cant see which number you dialed if the person has 2 numbers under their name.
the iphone was built for media.. and yes everything else is just very basic as a phone. i love the iphone because of all it's media related applications. it was stated before release that the iphone does not have mms, how often does anyone even send an mms? anyways my plan comes with 2gb upload/download and everyone sends emails via phone now too so i guess the mms is just a waste of money to send. yes the sms forward and copy and paste function is a must i would say. i'm pretty sure they'll release a new update.. fyi bluetooth only works for devices and not sending files or receiving files.. chill guys.. everyone went to rush and buy the iphone without reading thru the specs on the apple website.. a lot of people bought blindly. i'm happy and contented with mine.. =) anyways i bet people will start selling their iphones cheap cheap in a couple of weeks. lol.. maybe then i should get a 2nd one.. hehe
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force

Boba_Fett

Post by Boba_Fett » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:57 am

Begun! This phone war has.......

mosske

Post by mosske » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:36 am

Yes, HyBRiD, you're right...the blue tooth only works for handsfree devices. :(

Anyway, I've been emailing images instead of MMSing them because I also have the same plan as you, 2GB data per month so it makes sense. I'm still receiving MMSes here and there which I need to login to Singtel to retrieve and that kinda sucks. I'm still hoping that some upgrade will come along to fill the gaps. Media-wise, I've no complaints - it rocks! Its just the phone functions that need improvement. Still, its a lot less buggy that the earlier release. :)
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:06 am

mosske wrote:The iPhone has bluetooth. I've been using my iPhone for a while now and I'm getting pretty irritated with it...here's the probs I'm facing:

3. No MMS.
1. Can forward SMS (use BiteSMS)
2. No Copy Paste at the moment, give them some time.
3. Can MMS (use SwirlyMMS)
4. Hmmm, i think when you click on the person contact name, you should be able to choose which number to call.

1 and 3, have to jailbreak your iphone, mine even has video recording function......

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:09 am

HyBRiD wrote:

3. No MMS.
the iphone was built for media.. and yes everything else is just very basic as a phone. i love the iphone because of all it's media related applications. it was stated before release that the iphone does not have mms, how often does anyone even send an mms? anyways my plan comes with 2gb upload/download and everyone sends emails via phone now too so i guess the mms is just a waste of money to send. yes the sms forward and copy and paste function is a must i would say. i'm pretty sure they'll release a new update.. fyi bluetooth only works for devices and not sending files or receiving files.. chill guys.. everyone went to rush and buy the iphone without reading thru the specs on the apple website.. a lot of people bought blindly. i'm happy and contented with mine.. =) anyways i bet people will start selling their iphones cheap cheap in a couple of weeks. lol.. maybe then i should get a 2nd one.. hehe
lol the last part of your statement is the same thoughts i have.......more ppl sell theirs becoz they duno how to harness the power of the phone = i can buy another for cheap...Yipeee. I love my iphone!

The Killer thing about it is the apps, ppl dont see how potentially powerful this phone is.

Only those that can see beyond the hardware specs.....will see the true value of the phone.

PS: Actually, it not that the phone is lousy, its more like the users are not up to date to what they can do with the phone.

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:11 am

al13ns wrote:i almost want to get iphone 3G as well...but after i read those comments in the cnetasia...i think i'm goin to pass this iphone...maybe goin for htc touch pro ? but comparing omnia to iphone...i still prefer iphone...
Remember the lightsaber i shown you during the weekend? heheh, iphone for the win!

Return to “The Mos Eisley Cantina”