Is anyone here a fan of Spielberg's A.I. ?

A wretched hive of scum and villainy . Gather here to talk about everything else , even non-Star Wars related . Just keep it PG rated please. ;)

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

danchia
Site Admin

Is anyone here a fan of Spielberg's A.I. ?

Post by danchia » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:33 pm

Since we all love Science Fiction here on this board, I was wondering if anyone else here enjoyed Spielberg's 2001 film, A.I. Artificial Intelligence.

If any of you do, you are welcome to visit my other website Come Away O Human Child which is a tribute to Steven Spielberg and A.I. , and one of the most actively updated A.I. website on the internet .

We're celebrating A.I.'s 4th Anniversary right now, so if you like the film, do come over and join us ! :D

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:44 pm

I must say I thought that A.I. was a wonderful movie, but with a very sad theme. Here you have a robot child who's only wish is to be loved by his mother, but is instead rejected by her. Haley Joel Osment performance in the movie was outstanding, more so given his youth. A very very good movie.
As you can see, my Jedi powers are far beyond yours. Now, back down.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:24 pm

Count Dooku wrote:I must say I thought that A.I. was a wonderful movie, but with a very sad theme. Here you have a robot child who's only wish is to be loved by his mother, but is instead rejected by her. Haley Joel Osment performance in the movie was outstanding, more so given his youth. A very very good movie.
Many thanks for the great response, Count Dooku . I think A.I. is Science Fiction in its truest form, because it forces the viewers to ask many questions, and 4 years since its theatrical release, it continues to inspire debate about its philosophical themes and imagery. Did David really become a real boy ? What happened to him right in the end. Was that really his mother ? What were those superior beings in the last act ? What message did A.I. convey about the state of man and humanity ? What was the significance of the 7 imprinting words and the 7 birthday candles ? These are questions that continue to be asked today, especially by those who have seen the film for the first time, on DVD, and are discovering the beauty of the film for themselves.

It's Science Fiction in a very different sense when compared to Star Wars, and even Star Trek, and although its fans do not dress up like the characters in A.I. ( I think the Gigolo Joe outfit would be an amazing one ! ) , they are no less passionate about the film.

Tonight is the TV premiere of A.I. on local television ( Mediacorp Channel at 6.45pm - the film was released theatrically on 29.6.2001 , so this TV premiere is a great way to celebrate the 4th Anniversary of A.I. ! ) and I would encourage anyone who wants to see a classic Science Fiction film to tune in. Watch it with an open mind , and although on the surface, it looks very slow moving, those with patience to sit through it and appreciate it on an intellectual level will find themselves amply rewarded. :)

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:53 pm

I couldn't agree with you more Danchia. On a more personal note, I thought that the casting for this movie was very well done. The ending was very touching when David got his wish and for that one day, all his dreams came true.

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:13 pm

Well I was not home so I missed both AI and Alien World.

From the praises I hear here, I guess it makes sense for me to get a VCD and watch it.
Find, fix, finish

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:46 pm

Hmmm , looks like I should organise a gathering at my house to watch A.I. Artificial Intelligence . I have a mini theatrette. You've got to see A.I. on a proper screen to really appreciate its beauty, and it is a beautiful film indeed.

Anyone interested ? :wink: :D

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:28 am

danchia wrote:Hmmm , looks like I should organise a gathering at my house to watch A.I. Artificial Intelligence . I have a mini theatrette. You've got to see A.I. on a proper screen to really appreciate its beauty, and it is a beautiful film indeed.

Anyone interested ? :wink: :D
I would and I certainly would like to meet you in person if I didn't previously.

I hope not immediately as I have some personal issues to take care of. Perhaps long term planning for August?
Find, fix, finish

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:06 pm

lhs1701 wrote:
I would and I certainly would like to meet you in person if I didn't previously.

I hope not immediately as I have some personal issues to take care of. Perhaps long term planning for August?
No hurry of course ! A.I. will always be there to enjoy ! :D We'll arrange a day later in August or whenever you are free.

I have a nice 3 seater theatrette , and room for more, if you don't mind sitting on cushions on the floor, so if anyone else want to join lhs1701 and me in watching A.I. , you're welcome to come. :D

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:48 pm

If you wouldn't mind Danchia, I would like to attend. While I have already seen A.I., I would most certainly enjoy discussing it with fellow sci-fi fans.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:45 am

Of course , Count Dooku ! In fact, I was quite hoping that you would join us ! It will be great to discuss A.I. with you !

We'll set a date later when things are a little better for all of us .

I'm looking forward to the screening and our discussion . :)

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:07 am

Excellent Danchia. I will be looking forward to the upcoming discussion.

BobaFett

Post by BobaFett » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:06 pm

My mini theatrette is having "Open House" today. Danchia, you must come today *waving hand*.

Lord_Angelus

Post by Lord_Angelus » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:46 am

did not seen all of it.

but it is really a nice movie But scary

Return to “The Mos Eisley Cantina”