Alternate Star Wars

A wretched hive of scum and villainy . Gather here to talk about everything else , even non-Star Wars related . Just keep it PG rated please. ;)

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

Darth Avenrair

Alternate Star Wars

Post by Darth Avenrair » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:39 pm

Just wondering... If Qui-gon had not died, would Anakin still become Vader?

hbng
Site Admin

Re: Alternate Star Wars

Post by hbng » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:50 pm

Darth Avenrair wrote:Just wondering... If Qui-gon had not died, would Anakin still become Vader?
Don't think it'll make a difference. If it is correct that Palpatine orchestrated all the events that happened, including anakin's birth, then Anakin would still have been turned, and Qui-Gon killed when order 66 was given......my 2 cents :wink:

lhs1701

Re: Alternate Star Wars

Post by lhs1701 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:29 pm

hbng wrote:
Darth Avenrair wrote:Just wondering... If Qui-gon had not died, would Anakin still become Vader?
Don't think it'll make a difference. If it is correct that Palpatine orchestrated all the events that happened, including anakin's birth, then Anakin would still have been turned, and Qui-Gon killed when order 66 was given......my 2 cents :wink:
I did not interpret Darth Siddious's message as he orchestrated the birth of Anakin. He said too that the Sith could prevent deaths and raise the death and he followed on to say to Anakin that they could learn this secret together. Hence my interpretation is that he is not able to do any of these although he implied that the Sith of the past could and the knowledge is available to those who seek it.

He may even just only be trying to bait Anakin and get him over to the dark side by pretending to have access to knowledge that is lost.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:21 am

Excellent comment . I believe that Darth Sidious definitely had a hand in Anakin's birth , but he was also definitely trying to lure Anakin over with promises that he could learn to prolong the life of Padme if he came over to the Dark Side .

Actually, if you think about it, Anakin's love for Padme was obsessive and pathological . From a medical point of view , Anakin was definitely losing sight of reality , perhaps scarred psychologically from the death of his mother . Then again, I suspect also that Darth Sidious was influencing Anakin's mind, and I suspect Sidious might even have planted those visions in Anakin's mind , to turn him to the Dark Side .

What do you all think ?

Dori

Post by Dori » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:39 pm

Even without Darth Sidious planting those vision, would Anakin still have them? If Darth Sidious planted those vision, would it have come true? Could he affect her death over a large distance?

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:36 am

Dori wrote:Even without Darth Sidious planting those vision, would Anakin still have them? If Darth Sidious planted those vision, would it have come true? Could he affect her death over a large distance?

My thoughts exactly, Dori . It's kinda like the chicken and the egg question isn't it? Which came first ?

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:16 am

danchia wrote:Excellent comment . I believe that Darth Sidious definitely had a hand in Anakin's birth , but he was also definitely trying to lure Anakin over with promises that he could learn to prolong the life of Padme if he came over to the Dark Side .

Actually, if you think about it, Anakin's love for Padme was obsessive and pathological . From a medical point of view , Anakin was definitely losing sight of reality , perhaps scarred psychologically from the death of his mother . Then again, I suspect also that Darth Sidious was influencing Anakin's mind, and I suspect Sidious might even have planted those visions in Anakin's mind , to turn him to the Dark Side .

What do you all think ?
I thought this over before responding. Although it is an interesting idea, well, Palpatine has not been known to be on Tatooine (unless I am mistaken) although he has been to Naboo and Coruscant. Palpatine had said that midi-chlorians were able to create life itself, Palpatine implied such knowledge but I doubt he is able to do it himself. I will be keeping a look out to see if this theory is true.

Dori

Post by Dori » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:51 am

Just generaly think that palpatine merely took advantage of the situation. And played Anakin realy well. Implying that the sith could prevent death, played on Anakin's obsession to keep Padme alive when it was time to give birth to twins., Now thats what I call grabbing the chance when it comes knocking on your door.

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:10 pm

Actually, think about it - if Qui-Gon had listened to the council and not taken on Anakin, would there be a Darth Vader? Or would Count Dooku continue to take his place at the side of the Emperor?
Warning - viewer discretion advised

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:27 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:Actually, think about it - if Qui-Gon had listened to the council and not taken on Anakin, would there be a Darth Vader? Or would Count Dooku continue to take his place at the side of the Emperor?
Interesting thought.

If Qui-Gon had not taken in Anakin, there may be no Darth Vader, maybe Padme would marry someone else, maybe Luke and Leia would not be born. Meanwhile Palpatine would still take over and destroy all Jedis. This time, there would be nobody to to help the Rebel Alliance to win and most possibly, they would be destroyed despite Mon Mothma's efforts.

I think there is an interesting alternative timeline story in this one.
Find, fix, finish

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:03 pm

Hmmmmm, but would Dooku be as effective as Vader to wipe out and destroy all the Jedi? If not, maybe there's still a hope there?

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:37 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:Hmmmmm, but would Dooku be as effective as Vader to wipe out and destroy all the Jedi? If not, maybe there's still a hope there?
Perhaps not, however, it was neither Dooku nor Vader who wipe out all Jedi. it was order 66.

It was Vader who hunt and wipe out the remaining Jedi who were not killed by Order 66. I am unsure if Count Dooku would have done an equally effective job but I doubt it. There will always be people who are not that strong with the Force, hence can easily hide from Vader but can produce descendants who are much stronger in the Force.
Find, fix, finish

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:56 pm

lhs1701 wrote:Perhaps not, however, it was neither Dooku nor Vader who wipe out all Jedi. it was order 66...
Order 66 is to wipe off all Jedi on the fields, while Anakin (er, Vadar) lead the troop to wipe off all the Jedi in the Jedi Temple.
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:30 pm

Which would simply mean at the end of the day that it is likely that there would be more than just Obi-Wan and Yoda around relying only on Luke but there will still be other Jedi around who can help the rebellion.

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:59 pm

Order 66 is to wipe out all Jedi ... but some Sith were ex-Jedi ... so how do the crone trooper differentiate between who to kill?

Trooper: Identify yourself ... a Jedi or a Sith?
Count Dooku: Sith.
Trooper: OK, u can go.

Trooper: Identify yourself ... a Jedi or a Sith?
Anakin: Jedi.
Trooper: Then u die ...
Anakin: No, no, wait ... Sith.
Trooper: OK, u can go.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Return to “The Mos Eisley Cantina”