25th Nov IPSC Intro & 21st Dec Real Steel Shoot Sign Up

A wretched hive of scum and villainy . Gather here to talk about everything else , even non-Star Wars related . Just keep it PG rated please. ;)

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

TD 6325

25th Nov IPSC Intro & 21st Dec Real Steel Shoot Sign Up

Post by TD 6325 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:24 am

IPSC training Shoot on Sunday, the 25th of Nov:

On the 25th of Nov this month, both my sis and I were invited back to the Range for a brief intro into an IPSC shoot. While there, we met up with almost all 30+ members of the Singapore IPSC Shooting team, including the only female combat shooter Veronica [FYI, she's the featured cover girl on Dec's issue of SHAPE magazine ;)] who were doing their last practice run before heading to Thailand for the IPSC Competition.

Anyhow, it was a real eye opener talking to John, the President of the Dynamic Shooting Club. he was a real fatherly figure and an archive of info to boot! There were some other funny characters as well, top of that list was Guy, who carried a .357 magnum six shooter whereas the rest were using automatics....damm it was loud!

Anyhow, this were the 2 only pics i could get and the only range time we could fire off some rounds and get a feel for what they were doing...

This pic shows the firer, using both the master and weak hand to fire off one handed while attached to a table. Targets were 1x swinging target, 2x large metal poppers, 1x small metal popper, and 3 cardboard targets with one hostage. A minimum of 2 shots were required at each paper target, with only one for the poppers as they would topple after the one shot. Bridget tried this out and had some fun with it! ;)

This 2 pics show the other side of the range that was also running concurrently and had the shooter start off from the centre, move to the right, fire off at 2 paper targets with a hostage between. Then move all the way to the left to fire off another pair of double taps at 2 more paper targets. The shooter then move forward to the front left again, fired off another double tap to the paper target and one shot for the large metal popper that once hit, will activate a swing forward target that gave you a second to fire off another 2 shots before it hit the ground! Then it was reload on the move to the centre front where you had to open the door and fire off a trio of double taps at 3 more paper targets and then back down the front right and finish off with another pair of double taps on 2 more paper targets and a large popper! Damm this was fun!

Both my sis and I went thru this and while we didn't run [we're beginners after all], my walk thru took 55 seconds and all targets down...yes! Muhahahaha!

Anyhow, due to huge amount of interest in my sister's recent birthday shoot, I'll be organizing a Shoot on the 21st of Dec 07. It's a Friday and it's the best time for us and the trainers, more range time for ourselves, rather than share it with the other shooters over the weekend. ;)

That said, how many are interested? We're looking at $200 per person and that would include the best of both worlds; Pistols and Bolt Action Rifles.

I have also talked to Marcus and and trying to get him to allow us to do a variation of the IPSC...so keep your fingers crossed and i will keep you posted.

Stay safe,

Tim.

Updated Shooters List:

- Tim
- Bridget

1) S h a r o n
2) Edwin
3) Arien
BH6325, The Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter
"He's No Good To Me Dead."

erase

Post by erase » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:22 pm

wow... S$200 how many rounds? Unlimited of rounds? :roll:

As for the time? Morning or afternoon? Got night shoot or not? :)
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

TD 6325

Post by TD 6325 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:12 pm

Ivan,

The $200 will cover 150 rounds of 9mm and 50 rounds of .22 Rimfires for the Bolt-Action.

And no, no night shoots as there will be 'extra' targets floating around in that area. ;)

LMK.

Stay safe,

Tim.

erase

Post by erase » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:46 pm

Hi Tim,

You did not mentioned the time? :roll:

wow... 200 rounds... which means one round is $1 each.... hmmm... Better shoot wisely... unlike our Army range... shoot at your own time own target and so many rounds to shoot.... :lol:

TD 6325 wrote:Ivan,

The $200 will cover 150 rounds of 9mm and 50 rounds of .22 Rimfires for the Bolt-Action.

And no, no night shoots as there will be 'extra' targets floating around in that area. ;)

LMK.

Stay safe,

Tim.

TD 6325

Post by TD 6325 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:54 pm

Ivan,

It'll probably be in the late morning or early afternoon...am still working the details with the Range Warden Marcus.

BTW, you got mail bro.

Stay safe,

Tim.

erase

Post by erase » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:07 pm

Thanks Tim.

Yes I have replied.
TD 6325 wrote:Ivan,

It'll probably be in the late morning or early afternoon...am still working the details with the Range Warden Marcus.

BTW, you got mail bro.

Stay safe,

Tim.

TD 6325

Post by TD 6325 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:05 am

Hi Imperials,

Okay, Marcus is with it and we will use the metal poppers of different sizes for the shoot, first person to shoot em all down in the shortest time wins! :D

LMK if you're interested!

Stay safe,

Tim.

TD 6325

Post by TD 6325 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:15 pm

Well, it's confirmed Imperials, Shoot date and time is Friday, the 21st of Dec at 10am.

I'll need the confirmed participants to repost your confirmed attendance please.

Thanks!

Stay safe,

Tim.

donleow

Post by donleow » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:51 pm

o not again 21st i m already in india working ...gees what a waste that i couldnt join u folks

do take some pics , tim - ur last few posting just make me drool...miss the rifle range time.
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Return to “The Mos Eisley Cantina”