A reason to visit Hong Kong in 2008...

A wretched hive of scum and villainy . Gather here to talk about everything else , even non-Star Wars related . Just keep it PG rated please. ;)

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

Awwee

A reason to visit Hong Kong in 2008...

Post by Awwee » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:51 am

MEPD Police Officer
DS-809 Vampire 4 Omegawing
TI/TK/TD-9809 501st Singapore Garrison
Time the Dirty Boyz play....

Post by 9 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:30 pm

u going? heh
trade pass?

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:05 am

haiz.... :cry:

" Thank you for your email.

Please be informed that the HK Toys and Games Fair (Jan 7-10, 2008) is a
trade fair, only trade buyers aged 18 or above in related business are
allowed entry to the fairground.

Please note that your enquiry reference number is 22/10/07/E031. Should
you have any further questions, please quote this reference number so
that we can pull up your file and serve you better.

Yours sincerely,

Exhibitions Department
Hong Kong Trade Development Council "
MEPD Police Officer

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:03 am

will BANDAI join this ToyFair?

Post by 9 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:34 pm

Awwee wrote:haiz.... :cry:

" Thank you for your email.

Please be informed that the HK Toys and Games Fair (Jan 7-10, 2008) is a
trade fair, only trade buyers aged 18 or above in related business are
allowed entry to the fairground.

Please note that your enquiry reference number is 22/10/07/E031. Should
you have any further questions, please quote this reference number so
that we can pull up your file and serve you better.

Yours sincerely,

Exhibitions Department
Hong Kong Trade Development Council "
wah so confidential...got classified toys issit. :P

Jedi_slayer

Post by Jedi_slayer » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:11 pm

I was guilty of going off topic on Yen's thread on his Stormie TE helmet and thought we should continue our topic on HK Toy hunting here..

Here's
Al13ns' informative contribution on Toy Hunting. I will add my recent experience in the shop below with regards to Star Wars merchandize and add a few shops myself.

*Al13ns says *******************************************
got this info from sgcollect...

"Just take a train to Mongkok, there you have Richmond shopping center and CTMA center within walking distance. Both these places are toy heaven. CTMA center is where Toys Hunter resides.

CTMA at Mongkok (good for most other Jap, vinyl, gashopon stuff - minimal SW) No. 188 Wan Chai Road (a very obscure plaza but has lotsa electronics and toy shops - think CSC and Far East compressed into half the size - one shop " 188Empire" has the single largest SW collection for sale, including kotos and MRs) - look for the shop address number to find.

Tai Yuen Street just outside Wan Chai Exit A3 has 3 side shops (got my tac ops troopers and holo plo there)

Just got back from HK today! Hey, HK is a great place to get toys! Some of the the toys are cheaper!

If anyone is heading there, you can check out toys at:

a) CTMA Centre@Mongkok
- Gotta checkout the floors above and below! I only explored the basement shops on my last 2nd day and there are still alot of toy shops there! Didn't see much zoids there though. Kamen riders, transformers, ultraman, guyver, saint seiya, hottoys, star wars, LOTR, medicom, macross can be found there.

- 12" fans can find a good selection of the latest figures from Toy Hunters at level 3.

- Good 1/48 macross deals at basement.

UML Hobby@Mongkok
- It's at the corner where Dundas Street and Nathan road meets. Not too many zoids - saw the soul liger, sword wolf and a few others. But prices are cheaper! Gundam model kits, macross, WWII 12", lego, plane & tanks model kits, guyver etc.

c) Sogo@ Causeway Bay

d) Toyzone@Causeway Bay
- It's at #16 of the Causeway Bay Commercial Bldg at No.3 Sugar Street. Lots of toys there. Saw a dibison going for S$170+. Loads of toys!
- Transformers, gundam, kamen riders, better selection of Star Wars, some zoids, matrix, predator and many more!

e) Causeway Bay Shopping Centre
- Lots of toy stops there but they were closed when i was there during early afternoon. Should visit at evening time.

f) Hobby store opposite CTMA Centre@Mongkok
- Window has lots of Gundam model kits.

g) Shopping centre at the end of Dundas St and Fa Yuen St @ Mongkok
- Has toyshops but i did not see zoids as i was browsing pretty fast.

h) 188 Plaza @ Wanchai
- Lots of manga stores. DVD and VCD. Some toy shops there too. It's some distance from the Wanchai MTR. There's a shop there selling Star wars toys like Kotobukiya and MR. But dun expect a Simply Toys!

Must visit is the CTMA Centre and Toyzone. Hope this is helpful for the next hunter that goes HK!"
[Jedi_Slayer]: Here are my experiences.

Richmond Shopping Centre
I was putting up in a budget hostel just next block to Richmond shopping centre in Mong Kok. Most of the shops there are small which allows only 2 people max but they sell assortment of toys stacking from floor to ceiling.

There is one particular shop in the basement B19 called "Mandy Shop" which sells only Star Wars toys. ..ranging from Attakus/Gentle Giant/ MR/ Hasbro etc. She got the out of stock 1:1 MR Stormie E-11 without box for about HK1800+ (S$350). If it is not for our Arms + Explosive regulation, I may have grab it impulsively. She is currently taking order for 1:1 Stormie MR helmet.
Web: http://www.darthmandy.com
tel: (852)31885323
My Kill: scaled MR E-11 Blaster, Hasbro McQuarrie Art Concept R2D2 & Snowtrooper.
Other SW toys I got from other shops are mini Japanese Darth Vader helmet [Helmet Collection] with a stand and some SW Kubrick from Series 7.
Address: Argle Stree + Sai Yee Street. MTR exit D2
Best time: before 9pm when most of the shops are still opened. But you may still see some stall around 10-11pm.

CTMA Center
"Toys Hunter" which distributes Hot toys also sells Sideshow 12" Star Wars figure & Gentle Giant products.
In "Superman", you can see some past rare Star Wars Kubrick toys but their prices are not cheap.
I got myself a mini Japanese Stormie Helmet [helmet collection] that comes with a stand from another shop.
Address: Sai Yeung Choi Street South + Dundas]
Best time: before 9pm

Freeway Toys
My wife stumbled on this shop on her shopping for women stuff.

It is distributor for SW stuff like MR, Kotobukiya and Habro in HK. Probably this is the most SW toys stocked under one roof I have seen in HK. There are Kotobukiya, Habro, Medicom's RAH for SW.
My Kill: Scale Stormtrooper MR helmet + Titannium Vader and 501st trooper.
Address: 99 Fuk Wing Street, Sham Shui Po, Kowloon, HK.
Tel: (852) 23611662
Web: http://www.nobletoy.com.hk
Best time: before 8pm

Toyz Club
This is affiliated to Freeway Toys. They have similar SW products but pricing are slightly different. It is spacious and has attractive decoration of life size Darth Vader, Stormie, Clone, R2, Anakin, Buzz Lightyear and Spidey. Hasbro SW vehicles were hanging from the ceiling. There are tables for customers to hang around to discuss their hobbies and for boring parents.
My kill: Rare Kotobukiya AOTC Clone trooper! My son got Darth Vader Halloween costume.
Address: Basement B119A Panda Place, 3 Tsuen Wan Street, Tsuen Wan, HK. (Note, drop one MTR stop before Tsuen Wan
Tel: 25735571

Toyz Club (2?)
Didn't have chance to go there..
Address: 05 2/F HK INT'L TRADE & Exhibition Centre, 1 Tradement Drive, Kowloon Bay, HK.
Tel : nil.

Toy R US @ Causeway Bay
No much SW stuff. It was selling Death Star Transformer Set, Hasbro McQuarrie Art Concept ObiWan & Yoda + Luke Skywalker. Ultimate Bumble Bee is about 30+ SGD cheaper than our local TRU.
My Kill: Celebration McQuarrie Art Concept ObiWan & Yoda + Luke Skywalker.

Thanks all folks.. Maybe a return trip to HK next year? So Awwee, the toy exhibition not for common folks? Selling in flee market qualify or not? :)

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:07 am

WAH!!!! So u finally got the E-11? It is heavy? Wondeful piece... :twisted:
MEPD Police Officer

Jedi_slayer

Post by Jedi_slayer » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:39 pm

Awwee wrote:WAH!!!! So u finally got the E-11? It is heavy? Wondeful piece... :twisted:
Eh Bro.. I got the mini scale MR one. :)
Star wars is a used Universe!

Return to “The Mos Eisley Cantina”