Avoid this Ebayer!!

A wretched hive of scum and villainy . Gather here to talk about everything else , even non-Star Wars related . Just keep it PG rated please. ;)

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Avoid this Ebayer!!

Post by al13ns » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:20 pm

he uses "agent-rock" in ebay and "mini-rock" in therpf

http://www.therpf.com/index.php?showtopic=125091

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.p ... =1#2390161

i had a bad experience with him once...

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:57 pm

Thanks for the heads up. :wink:

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:56 am

What did he cheat you on? I don't ever buy stuff off of e-bay. Long Story. :lol:

al13ns

Post by al13ns » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:25 am

Arc_Trooper71 wrote:What did he cheat you on? I don't ever buy stuff off of e-bay. Long Story. :lol:
u can read the whole story in the attached rebelscum thread... it's very interesting :D

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:08 pm

Tell us your "bad experience" with this seller, al13ns ... :roll:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

al13ns

Post by al13ns » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:55 pm

I won an MR Maul LE from him at a quite low price and low shippin fee, and it took ~2 months to get the items after i filed a dispute at Paypal.
here's my dispute :

"Hi there, It has been 1 month since i paid Ebay item #150038629473 on Sept 30. U promised to sent the item via USPS Global EMS after received the payment [which need 2-3 days to transfer to ur account]. Since u hadn't sent the item, u promised to send it on Monday, Oct 9 with an excuse of the box not being secured enough; so, u have it in another box for extra protection. u promised to send the tracking number on Monday evening. And u haven't sent the item AGAIN, u promised again after i emailed u. U said that u were away on business and will send it on Oct 20 or 21 [which u would email me the tracking number] and TILL NOW I HAVENT RECEIVED ANY EMAIL CONTAINING TRACKING NUMBER. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHETHER U HAVE SENT THE ITEM OR NOT? DO U REALLY WANT TO SELL UR ITEM? OR U SENT IT WITH THE SERVICE WHICH NOT PROVIDE ANY TRACKING NUMBER? PLS BE FAIR AS I PAID THE ITEM VERY FAST YET IT TAKES AGES FOR U TO SEND THE ITEM. I WONT BUY ANYTHING AGAIN FROM U AND IF U DON'T REPLY ME, I'LL LEAVE THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. HOW MANY EXCUSES DO U WANT TO GIVE NOW? ANOTHER BOX FOR EXTRA PROTECTION AGAIN? SHIP WITH GLOBAL EMS?"

and here was his reply [after 2 weeks [the dispute was almost closed]] :

"My deepest apologies for the shipping delay. I can totally understand your frustration and filing a claim with paypal. Your item has shipped, and I have also provided a tracking number as well, so we can close the claim. The item has been shipped via USPS Global EMS and you will need to sign for it too. Please be sure to email me if you have any questions, and I'll be sure to check my email when I'm home from the coast this weekend"

and finally i got the items WITHOUT THE ACRYLIC DISPLAY CASE as what he promised in his auctions and his packing was so terribled. and he refunded me some of the money for the display. and i still left him a positive feedback with "not so reccommended" and he left me a negative one said that i still owed him something! i was so angry and i replied to him, and he never replied me back. pathetic!!

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:08 pm

That's exactly why i would NOT buy something like that online, such things seem a scam to me. :lol: :roll:

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:19 pm

Arc_Trooper71 wrote:That's exactly why i would NOT buy something like that online, such things seem a scam to me. :lol: :roll:
Not ALL online deals go down like that. Its the small number of bad apples that give the rest a bad name.

I've been buying and selling on ebay and in various forums all over the world and only had very very few problems. In fact I've never not received anything I bought, unless its really lost in the mail. I usually get a replacement, sometimes I get something extra thrown in with the replacement, because the seller want to make it up for my inconvenience so I'd buy from him/her again.

When dealing online, your reputation is your MOST important asset. Once you lose that, its the end for you as an online dealer, so serious dealers are very careful to not get a bad rep.

I have a spotless record in all the places I deal in, and intend to keep it that way.

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:24 pm

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:I have a spotless record in all the places I deal in, and intend to keep it that way.
u just need one bad apple to taint ur perfect records ... :wink:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:49 pm

Dr EMH wrote:
Plo Strax-Avix wrote:I have a spotless record in all the places I deal in, and intend to keep it that way.
u just need one bad apple to taint ur perfect records ... :wink:
You're right, but I'd rather not make any money, or even lose money on a deal then get a bad rep for it.

I sell quite a lot so my rep's really important to me.

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:55 pm

I suppose, but i still have no faith in it. I really don't trust E-bay, maybe a retailer, but Not E-bay, People scam so much there.

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:02 pm

Arc_Trooper71 wrote:I suppose, but i still have no faith in it. I really don't trust E-bay, maybe a retailer, but Not E-bay, People scam so much there.
Not true. People get scammed a lot more while buying through someone's website, or through a forum. At least with ebay you can file a claim if you don't get your item, and file a claim with paypal to get your money back, or file a claim with your credit card company (if you paid through credit card).

If you buy directly from a website or through a forum member there's not much you can do to get your money back, apart from lodging a police report.

Know the system, learn as much as you can before you get in, so you won't fear it out of ignorance.
Last edited by Plo Strax-Avix on Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

al13ns

Post by al13ns » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:07 am

just wanna ask, sometimes the seller in ebay [esp from US, since i mostly buy from them] quote different price for shipping, some quote U$30, some even quote U$85. so if they already quote it, can i say that ur quotation is ridiculous ?r they goin to revise it ? i know that some people make extra money from over-quotation of shippin cost.

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:20 am

There're many forms of shipping options. Those who quote high price may be quoting DHL, FedEx or UPS prices because they want to have tracking and signature verification services. Or maybe like you say they want to make money from shipping.

I'm in the process of negotiating with a seller after winning an ebay auction. Although the item is not heavy, its rather bulky, so a large box is required to pack it. Due to the large size of the box, it costs USD50 to ship vis USPS(United States Post Office) Global Priority Airmail. However the seller want to have tracking so that I can't say I didn't get it even if I did. To do that the only choice is to ship it using DHL, FedEx or UPS, which would cost above USD100. I'm still trying to convince the sller to use USPS.

So shipping prices varies greatly, depending on the size of the box and what service the seller use. Like I mentioned in another thread, it also depend on if the seller know the various shipping options well or not. Sometimes an item can be shipped in a Global Priority Flat rate Envelope, which costs around USD10 to ship worldwide, but the seller don't know about this option and pack it in a box instead, which would cost USD15 to 20 just because its in a box.

Get to know all the shipping methods available so that the seller can not bullshit you.

Communication is also very important. Ask as many questions as possible before you commit to a deal. I know sometimes its not easy, especially when you really want an item and the seller is not replying to your questions fast enough, so you bid anyway. In cases like this you just have to make the best of it. However I only bid if the seller has a very good feedback rating. If not I'd rather not get the item, even if I want it badly.

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:23 am

Oh. Plo Strax-Avix, How good is Paypal, i mean by, how reliable? Highly? Give me your feedback on that, i've never used Paypal. I've herd bad things about it from a couple of my mates where i lived.

Return to “The Mos Eisley Cantina”