This forum needs some serious Pimpin'!

A wretched hive of scum and villainy . Gather here to talk about everything else , even non-Star Wars related . Just keep it PG rated please. ;)

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

Impulse

This forum needs some serious Pimpin'!

Post by Impulse » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:33 pm

Its great that the main page was star wars theme, the forum logo was nicely done long time ago, but don't you find this forum skin plain?

Plain blue! yea! C'mon a new skin please! Local Star Trek forum does have a cool skin though! C'mon! This forum needs some serious pimpin' to some star wars theme to it!

Oh can I ask for a "suggestion box" sub-forum, otherwise you see this thread which was supposely to be a 'suggestion thread' ended up in a "off-topic" thread.

Have you also notice the activity of the forum is pretty... not too active? My idea is promote more activities monthly basis!

And a newsletter every month should sounds cool, in that way fellow members will be update with new updates and such they missed if they weren't around or something.
Last edited by Impulse on Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:24 pm

I think this forum is just fine the way it is. Fancy graphics and dazzling SW themed background does not make a forum, its the people behind the posts who matters.

I know of a forume with more then 100 posts almost everyday, but all in the off-topic section and all are 'Talk Co*k' posts, which has nothing to do with what that particular forum is all about. Does that mean that forum is better then this one, or other forums with less daily posts?

In my opinion, its quality, not quantity, that counts.

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:40 pm

i agree with the activities thingy.
not just the roadshow....
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:02 am

Please allow me to add my SGD0.05...

Activities can be initiatied by ANYONE. No doubt, the admin and moderators of this forum will make time to keep the forum alive and organize off-forum activities, each of us still have other priorities in life. On the same note, we are constantly looking out for more people to be apart of the team. Those who are interested, please drop any of the Administrators a PM and let us know how best you can contribute.

Starwars.sg serves as the main discussion/communication medium for the local Star Wars Community. Just because there isn't much activity in the forum, it doesn't mean fans aren't meeting up or nothing else is happening. And if anyone's definition of bustling forum activity is to go Off Topic all over the forum, I'd rather a quieter forum that contains informative and constructive discussions.

The roadshows come with a price tag and it is presently the most conducive location for costuming and meet ups, since it is somewhat centalised. As I've mentioned, ANYONE can organize something for the community.
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:56 am

Hey everyone. From the wonderful feedbacks I received, well, personally, I just don't know what to do. I've been surfing around the net, not just local sites, but also foreign sites too. I saw some great stuffs around and thought it would be really cool to implement into here. Well, the decision is always up to the administrative team.

I'm gonna comment on every feedback on here so far. Of course, I do take note of this thing, i.e., everyone is unique and everyone has different ways of looking at things and everyone has different opinions. So, forgive me if my views do not coincide with you. So no killing of each other allowed. :oP

Plo Strax-Avix wrote: I think this forum is just fine the way it is. Fancy graphics and dazzling SW themed background does not make a forum, its the people behind the posts who matters.
You are wrong. You are merging two general issues into one. Of course the issue on "the people behind the posts who matters" are more important than issue on a themed-skinned-forum.
About the issue on "the people behind the posts who matters", so far I thought this local star wars forum members are cool, civilised and mature. I don't know about the guy before me, probably he's a nutcase, babysitting a primary school kid who died I guess. Other than that, everybody here is great.
And now on the issue on a themed-skinned-forum, I feel that it is of utmost importance, giving the members and most importantly, guests and visitors, a feeling of, "hey this is definitely so Star Wars, this definitely sets my mood of Star Wars!".
Plo Strax-Avix wrote:I know of a forume with more then 100 posts almost everyday, but all in the off-topic section and all are 'Talk Co*k' posts, which has nothing to do with what that particular forum is all about. Does that mean that forum is better then this one, or other forums with less daily posts?

In my opinion, its quality, not quantity, that counts.
That kind of forum ends up in this kind of action because
1)The franchise is dead.
2)There is nothing to discuss on the franchise. Either people know it all or bored to death.
3)Because the members are as lame as n00bs.

As I said before, the members here are civilised and mature, so option 3 is definitely out. The Star Wars franchise is still well and alive, so option 1 is out, and there are still some little stuff to discuss on the franchise, while waiting for some new Star Wars TV show coming soon, so 2 is out as well. I know everyone here is pretty busy and too lazy to talk, and probably its the level of freedom of speech in this country, I feel that both quality and quantity should be well balanced. I mean I don't see no reason why a Star Wars forum cannot talk on other misc stuff once in a blue moon, definitely we are not born to think 24hrs hours all on star wars, eat everything that is star wars related, dress up in star wars costumes and wearing star wars underwear 24hours, study star wars like studying in unversity. People can still have off-topic stuff but keep in moderation, too much is bad for health.

assjedi wrote:i agree with the activities thingy.
not just the roadshow....
Thanks for the support.

GetzJedi wrote:Please allow me to add my SGD0.05...

Activities can be initiatied by ANYONE. No doubt, the admin and moderators of this forum will make time to keep the forum alive and organize off-forum activities, each of us still have other priorities in life. On the same note, we are constantly looking out for more people to be apart of the team. Those who are interested, please drop any of the Administrators a PM and let us know how best you can contribute.

Starwars.sg serves as the main discussion/communication medium for the local Star Wars Community. Just because there isn't much activity in the forum, it doesn't mean fans aren't meeting up or nothing else is happening. And if anyone's definition of bustling forum activity is to go Off Topic all over the forum, I'd rather a quieter forum that contains informative and constructive discussions.

Thanks look up. Keep your five cents, I don't collect five cents.

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:02 pm

Impulse wrote:Hey everyone. From the wonderful feedbacks I received, well, personally, I just don't know what to do. I've been surfing around the net, not just local sites, but also foreign sites too. I saw some great stuffs around and thought it would be really cool to implement into here. Well, the decision is always up to the administrative team.
You have PMed me previously on a suggestion box, and I believe I did reply that you could send me your suggestions and ideas for the admin team to look into. In case that message got lost in cyberspace, you will be glad to know the channel is still open (always) and I look forward to receiving your suggestions and proposed implementations. :)

Impulse wrote:I'm gonna comment on every feedback on here so far. Of course, I do take note of this thing, i.e., everyone is unique and everyone has different ways of looking at things and everyone has different opinions. So, forgive me if my views do not coincide with you. So no killing of each other allowed. : o P
Plo Strax-Avix wrote: I think this forum is just fine the way it is. Fancy graphics and dazzling SW themed background does not make a forum, its the people behind the posts who matters.
You are wrong....
GetzJedi wrote:Please allow me to add my SGD0.05...
Thanks look up. Keep your five cents, I don't collect five cents.
As you have rightly mentioned, everyone is unique and everyone has different ways of looking at things and everyone has different opinions. Thus you must also be willing to accept it when others' views differ from yours. You may disagree with their opinions, but should not strike down their views as "You are wrong", "Keep your five cents"...

I will allow this topic to remain open, and other members are welcome to contribute their views and ideas... but just remember to play nice :)

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:39 pm

---
Last edited by Impulse on Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:45 pm

To upkeep the 'cool, civilised and mature' image of being a member of this forum, and to truly uphold the spirit that 'everyone is unique and everyone has different ways of looking at things and everyone has different opinions', I've decided to use my best discretion and not reply to the post above. :wink:

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:20 pm

:roll:

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:29 pm

Impulse...chill
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:32 pm

*Blaster holstered*
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:34 pm

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:16 am

*YAWN* (stretches arms)

Huh? The show isn't over yet? Could have sworn I heard the song for the end credits.

(Goes back to sleep)

Jar

Post by Jar » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:16 pm

Renzaijh, u got sleep phobia or something its 1 am and u still posting.

Impulse - great suggestion but do it with a little Finesse next time.

I have to disagree with the Suggestion Box cause only Mods n Admin could see them but if u post your suggestion members could give their comment and the mod n admin can have a listen wouldnt it be great if everyone knows about the suggestion u gave whether it be accepted or not hey at least u have a say in it. Suggestion Box is lame cause only u know what goes in but no returns.

Maybe u could volunteer to do the newsletter cause I know most of the mods n admin here are quite busy (personal or otherwise). I m only a Member but when u have something to say or do, make it known, just my 2 cents , hope its worth it. 8) 8) 8)
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful... the strong... the weak... the innocent... the corrupt. Fear is my ally."

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:38 pm

Jar wrote:Renzaijh, u got sleep phobia or something its 1 am and u still posting.
I usually sleep at 2am.

Return to “The Mos Eisley Cantina”