Life Sized Stormtrooper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A wretched hive of scum and villainy . Gather here to talk about everything else , even non-Star Wars related . Just keep it PG rated please. ;)

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

adamteo

Life Sized Stormtrooper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by adamteo » Fri May 20, 2005 9:49 pm

hbng
Site Admin

Re: Life Sized Stormtrooper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by hbng » Sat May 21, 2005 12:30 am

adamteo wrote:Check this out
Anyone knows the seller?

I know of some whose stormtrooper got a much better pose.....still have not managed to cart it off in my car...... :twisted:

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sat May 21, 2005 10:24 am

Hmmm, interesting auction.

I believe this is bootleg.

The Don Post version is in a different pose aiming a blaster, made of high density acrylic and is in a limited edition of 250 worldwide.

This is quite cool though, and the price is not bad if you want a cool life-sized statue . :)

donleow

Post by donleow » Sat May 21, 2005 11:35 am

haha i think the fixture are too tall for some so when u considered buying read the description of the auction cos the entire suit are meant for wearer who is 1.8-185m tall...don;t end up buying and not able to fit in

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sun May 22, 2005 6:07 pm

Had met the seller as he's my Padawan's friend who's now into collection life-size costumes & armor.

And he's not cheating anyone :roll: cause the suit, as with majority of the Stormtroopers walking around is probably a Fan's Cast or Resculpture. :roll:

For God's Sake, he never mentioned it's the Don Post one so please check first before accusing anything. :roll:

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sun May 22, 2005 6:14 pm

Haldir wrote:Had met the seller as he's my Padawan's friend who's now into collection life-size costumes & armor.

And he's not cheating anyone :roll: cause the suit, as with majority of the Stormtroopers walking around is probably a Fan's Cast or Resculpture. :roll:

For God's Sake, he never mentioned it's the Don Post one so please check first before accusing anything. :roll:

Ermm, Haldir, read the posts carefully, nobody accused him of anything. The word "cheating" is your description, and did not appear in any of the posts above.

A bootleg is anything that is not authorised, which includes "fan's cast" or "fan's resculpture" , or whatever you want to call it. A bootleg is still a bootleg.

We were just stating a fact , and not accusing your friend of anything. :roll:

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Sun May 22, 2005 7:04 pm

okie folks, i think it's just a case of mis-interpretation of each other's postings...

but hey, it certainly is one cool item to have in a Star Wars fan's collection :P

for those of you who bought/built costumes, just curious to find out if you also get mannequins and dress them up as display pieces in your homes?

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Mon May 23, 2005 11:24 am

Dranoel wrote:for those of you who bought/built costumes, just curious to find out if you also get mannequins and dress them up as display pieces in your homes?
Currently sourcing for one for my Tie Fighter Pilot costume... I've rented a room from a friend to display it together with my other Star Wars collections...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Mon May 23, 2005 11:49 am

GetzJedi wrote:
Dranoel wrote:for those of you who bought/built costumes, just curious to find out if you also get mannequins and dress them up as display pieces in your homes?
Currently sourcing for one for my Tie Fighter Pilot costume... I've rented a room from a friend to display it together with my other Star Wars collections...
wait your fren run away with them...:P

Return to “The Mos Eisley Cantina”