Price increase at the cinemas

A wretched hive of scum and villainy . Gather here to talk about everything else , even non-Star Wars related . Just keep it PG rated please. ;)

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

danchia
Site Admin

Price increase at the cinemas

Post by danchia » Tue May 10, 2005 1:50 pm

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what you all thought about the increase of admission prices at GV cinemas . I know that Cathay has not increased their prices yet. Has EW Cinemas increased theirs ?

With EP3 being released, and knowing that many of us will see it multiple times on big screen , would the price increase dictate how many times you see the film, and at which theatre chain ?

daniel

pujangga

Post by pujangga » Tue May 10, 2005 6:32 pm

Nah, not at all. The price will have no effect on me wanting to watch it 7 times. :D
"The Story of Life is quicker than the wink of an eye...the Story of Love, is hello and goodbye. Till we meet again." - Jimi Hendrix

sanjaystones

Post by sanjaystones » Tue May 10, 2005 11:05 pm

Agree with pujangga. SW is too special to let a price hike deter me from watching it multiple times. However, for other movies, I may resort to DVDs/VCDs. :)

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Wed May 11, 2005 1:09 am

Actually, I don't even know what the different theatre chains charge now. :oops: Can somebody bring me up to speed ? :?:

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Wed May 11, 2005 10:42 am

actually these price hikes dont really bother me because the last time i stepped into a cinema was 3 years ago at great world city hehe ...

:lol:

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Wed May 11, 2005 11:08 pm

Have not gone to the cinemas in the last 3 months.... :lol:

nothing much to catch these days... no wonder Hollywood is hoping ROTS will turn things around...

Return to “The Mos Eisley Cantina”