First thoughts after watching EP3 (Slight Spoilers)

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

adamteo

First thoughts after watching EP3 (Slight Spoilers)

Post by adamteo » Wed May 18, 2005 7:35 pm

Just watched EP3 at CCK.

My first thoughts after the show....I feel more complete abt the whole saga...

Can see that GL did efforts to ensure the story links...

From the rebel fleet troopers on Organa's planet to the suns of tatooine and Wuher standing where Luke will stand....

Even at the end, where DV and Emperor stood to see the Death Star, the "technology" ard fits the technology on later shows....a lot of white and cardboard like stuff....

donleow

Post by donleow » Wed May 18, 2005 9:08 pm

i took time off from my reservist to bring my nephew for the show at suntec...pretty quiet for evening showtime .

first thing though not sure if anyone notice a millenium falcon on the lower right of the landing pod scene almost immediately after the space war scene with obi wan and anakin conversate with one another

additionally, i have a question why is leia called princess what is the status of her adopted parents in this case.

my wife has query why during obi wan and anakin fighting scene, their clothes will not scotched and lit by the intense of heat of lava but instead it ignite on anakin leg chopped scene.

additional to lava scene, is quite a miracle they are not hurt by the spilling lava that came in all directions which no matter how good the reflexes are,, a tiny bit of hot melted molten will still hit their clothing and should catch fire

Is pretty sad that order 66 scene are too rash and the formidable jedi are so easily defeated just by a turn of obedience from the clones.

Last i notice vader hand verses the trailers when he was locked were different while the trailer show vader's hand log hands upwards but the actual scene show vader hand is log downwards.

overall, this is like what adam mentioned, i felt complete too after watching and i truly enjoy the show.

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Wed May 18, 2005 9:13 pm

there will bound to be lots of scenes for the jedi killing in the DVD..

sanjaystones

Post by sanjaystones » Wed May 18, 2005 10:30 pm

Leia's adopted mother is the Queen of Alderaan and Bail Organa's wife, which is why she gets the title of Princess.
"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

hbng
Site Admin

Re: First thoughts after watching EP3 (Slight Spoilers)

Post by hbng » Wed May 18, 2005 11:13 pm

adamteo wrote:Just watched EP3 at CCK.

My first thoughts after the show....I feel more complete abt the whole saga......
3 words - I love it! The sense of closure when the end credits came up was really over whelming. Bear in mind that I've never been too interested in things such as the "finer points of movie making", so I went in with the intention to be entertained. And boy, did I get it.

I will agree that there are places which can be improved on, and some phrases which is really too cheesy, but heck, it's Star Wars.

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Wed May 18, 2005 11:35 pm

R2D2 was classic in the movie also....taking on the droids...hahahaha...best...

For those who watch the lego star wars, it does seem to be ard the same...haha

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Wed May 18, 2005 11:47 pm

adamteo wrote:R2D2 was classic in the movie also....taking on the droids...hahahaha...best...

For those who watch the lego star wars, it does seem to be ard the same...haha
GL did tried to put some comic relief into EP3, more than EP I & II, I think. Didn't even know the super battle droids could talk :wink:

Lord_Angelus

Post by Lord_Angelus » Thu May 19, 2005 12:09 am

Just saw the movie

R2D2 is so cute in the movie. And he really rocks. This Star wars movie is one of the best in all 6.

But the thing is that where is boba fett????? They said that boba fett will be in the movie. But I do not see him!!!!

ok. for this movie, I feel sad when the jedi fall and when Girl found out that Aike wanted power more then loving her

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Thu May 19, 2005 12:20 am

i watched at gv plaza just now...

great entertainment... the story picks up pretty fast... however some stiff acting though from natalie portman... ewan mcgregor seems to be really enjoying himself in his role... hayden is good, ian even better...

kasshyk scenes seem to be pretty short... not sure if the movie has been edited to a shorter time... and also i think there are still many jedis around who have not returned to the republic... the other 3 masters with mace windu were really fast to kill... hehe... mace windu was great!!! did sidious purposely lose to him in the duel to turn anakin or was he no match for the swordsmaster?

in the novel and comics adaptation, the voice of qui gon jin talked to yoda towards the end but this was left out in the movie? what happened there??? yoda became an apprentice to qui gon to learn more about the force...

will continue when i think of more things...

:lol:

blackjedi

Post by blackjedi » Thu May 19, 2005 12:30 am

hi just watched it at lot 1 .. was sad to see the jedis killed one by one when order 66 was given .. and this episode showed y obi-wan is the best and strongest jedi ever.. however.. its kind of funny to see the scene when vader and emperor stand side by side to see the creation of the deathstar.. it all went back to the 80s..heheh.. all the clones disappear and suddenly the crew were back to human hehehhe.. all dat is high tech turn to low tech once again.. just a thought .. all in all.. great ending to the saga...

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Thu May 19, 2005 12:30 am

xjedi wrote:kasshyk scenes seem to be pretty short... not sure if the movie has been edited to a shorter time...
Agreed. Had thought that it would have been a fantastic battle. Come and think of it, all the battles in the various worlds were very short.

xjedi wrote:......the other 3 masters with mace windu were really fast to kill... hehe... mace windu was great!!! did sidious purposely lose to him in the duel to turn anakin or was he no match for the swordsmaster?
IMHO, I think that was the intention - to turn Anakin. The timing was impeccable, just as Mace Windu took down Palpatine, Anakin entered and was convinced he needs to save Palpatine in order to save Padme

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Thu May 19, 2005 3:20 am

tough call ... if i recall, Windu was supposed to be the best lightsaber fighter of the jedi council, so beating Palpatine was not impossible for him.

Was impressed by Palpatine though... his lightsaber fighting style is very vicious, focused attacks to the body and effective with as little strokes as Windu...

From the looks of it, Palpatine was stronger in the force than even Yoda, especially towards the last part of the battle. Yoda knew he was on the losing end had the fight persisted and decided to escape.

strat

Re: First thoughts after watching EP3 (Slight Spoilers)

Post by strat » Thu May 19, 2005 10:10 am

adamteo wrote:
Even at the end, where DV and Emperor stood to see the Death Star, the "technology" ard fits the technology on later shows....a lot of white and cardboard like stuff....
Just watched ROTS last night !
It's a awesome show..
notice that Vader was folding his arms when he and and emperor was looking at the consruction of the DS.
I did not notice Vader folding his arms in the orginal trilogy. Most of the time, he'll will be placing both on his hands on this belt..

sanjaystones

Post by sanjaystones » Thu May 19, 2005 10:10 am

We would never know this...but I think Windu would have killed Palpatine hands down if Anakin did not pop in.
"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Thu May 19, 2005 10:11 am

jedi kai wrote:Was impressed by Palpatine though... his lightsaber fighting style is very vicious, focused attacks to the body and effective with as little strokes as Windu...

Ya.....come and think of it, the fighting style has evolved again. I've noticed some of the stance is a-la-Chinese wuxia films. Instead of holding the saber 35 degrees off vertical, some of the are holding the saber pointed to the opponents, ie horizontal.

Palpatine finished off the other jedis with ease in that scene, where he put the saber right through the body, instead of the usual slashing-into-half style.

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”