First thoughts after watching EP3 (Slight Spoilers)

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

hbng
Site Admin

Re: First thoughts after watching EP3 (Slight Spoilers)

Post by hbng » Thu May 19, 2005 10:17 am

adamteo wrote:.....From the rebel fleet troopers on Organa's planet to the suns of tatooine and Wuher standing where Luke will stand........
BTW, that's Owen Lars, Wuher's the bar tender at Mos Eisley :wink:

adamteo

Re: First thoughts after watching EP3 (Slight Spoilers)

Post by adamteo » Thu May 19, 2005 10:22 am

hbng wrote:
adamteo wrote:.....From the rebel fleet troopers on Organa's planet to the suns of tatooine and Wuher standing where Luke will stand........
BTW, that's Owen Lars, Wuher's the bar tender at Mos Eisley :wink:
hahahha...was looking at my toys when i type that

:P

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Thu May 19, 2005 10:47 am

SPOILERS AHEAD

I too thought that R2D2 was hilarious ! C3PO had so little screen time though .

I was a little confused when I saw kiwi actor Temuera Morrison as a clonetrooper commander, I was momentarily confused, wondering why Jango Fett was in EP3 when he had been killled in the last film. Then it struck me, this was a clone ! Stupid me .... :roll:

The lightsabre duels were just fantastic . The one I really liked was the one between Anakin and Count Dooku , especially at the end when the Count was kneeling in front of Anakin and Anakin had the lightsabres crossed in front of Dooku's neck. The camera angle after the decapitation when Anakin turned off the lightsabres was just perfect . That was a beautiful scene.....

Tomcat

Post by Tomcat » Fri May 20, 2005 12:22 am

hbng wrote: Ya.....come and think of it, the fighting style has evolved again. I've noticed some of the stance is a-la-Chinese wuxia films. Instead of holding the saber 35 degrees off vertical, some of the are holding the saber pointed to the opponents, ie horizontal.

Palpatine finished off the other jedis with ease in that scene, where he put the saber right through the body, instead of the usual slashing-into-half style.
Did u see Obi-wan doing that classic wuxia move? 2 fingers pointing forward with his left hand & right hand back with his saber horizontal.

I also thought Palpatine did a fast neat job on the Jedis. I can't really see Saesse & Agen move a nerve with their sabers. Only get to see Fisto fenced off some strokes for a while only.
"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the force"

Xavier

Post by Xavier » Fri May 20, 2005 12:59 am

The duel between Yoda and Sidious could be made better. Since both are old for the lightsabre fighting, GL could have adopted the chinese "wuxia" film like "dong fang bu bai" which fully express both useage in force moving objects to kill or block.

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Fri May 20, 2005 3:08 am

Even the battle between Anakin and Obi Wan where they were spinning their sabres around each other was truly chinese style fighting :lol:

Palpatine proved he was more than a match for Yoda, in both lightsabre duel and battle of the force... Had it been otherwise, Yoda would not have ran off after the fight.

Aayla

Post by Aayla » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:15 pm

I think Episode III was good, although it can be better...nevertheless I still enjoyed it! :D

Overall, the movie was sad but exciting, and there were times when humour was added... :lol:
But I find it a pity that some parts of the movie were not further developed...they reminded me of certain scenes in Episode II, such as the Battle of Geonosis. The battle was exciting, but I have to admit that I expected a bit more.

I heard that some fans were disappointed with the movie. But no matter what, I believe we will always remain fascinated by these stories of a galaxy far, far away... :)
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”