Your Reviews of Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

danchia
Site Admin

Your Reviews of Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith

Post by danchia » Tue May 10, 2005 11:37 am

So.... did George Lucas let us down ? Did Hayden Christensen manage to pull off the role of Anakin Skywalker, or did he fail like he did in Attack of the Clones ?

Your reviews here !

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Tue May 10, 2005 8:15 pm

"I have a bad feeling about this ... " :D

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Tue May 10, 2005 8:34 pm

xjedi wrote:"I have a bad feeling about this ... " :D
Hope he can make it then....make it he must..

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Tue May 10, 2005 11:02 pm

dan... from that photo ah ... look like he cannot make it lei.... :lol:

sanjaystones

Post by sanjaystones » Tue May 10, 2005 11:10 pm

From the many reviews that have come out thus far, it seems that Ian McDiarmid's portrayal as Palpatine stood out for great acting and the way he delivered his important lines that turns Anakin to the dark side.

Not sure about Hayden though....personally, I never liked him as Anakin as I thought he was too fake, especially during the love scenes in AOTC.

pujangga

Post by pujangga » Tue May 10, 2005 11:14 pm

Err...how come the title says Star Wars Episode 6: Revenge of the Sith? Shouldn't it be Episode 3?
"The Story of Life is quicker than the wink of an eye...the Story of Love, is hello and goodbye. Till we meet again." - Jimi Hendrix

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Tue May 10, 2005 11:17 pm

no wonder I had a bad feeling about this topic's title 8)

[edit]okie... finally corrected the title :)
Last edited by dranoel on Wed May 18, 2005 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Tue May 10, 2005 11:17 pm

yeah... my frens said anakin looked like a lusty pervert when he was stroking padme's back :shock:

Hayden have always portrayed a very edgy character which makes it more obvious that he'll turn into DV. Would have preferred someone who looks totally innocent, that we cannot believe will turn evil and finally does so in Revenge. That would make the change that much more impactful.

:wink:

hbng
Site Admin

Review of Star Wars Episode 3 by Gremlin 17th May 2005

Post by hbng » Wed May 18, 2005 3:50 am

Do check out the latest review by Gremlin! http://www.starwars.sg/review01.php

Post by 2501 » Wed May 18, 2005 6:44 am

Lucas is, and will always be a bad story teller, script writer and film director. No doubt about it. Just imagine the current 3 prequels without special effects, and everything that is already ugly will be even more obvious. He is no more than a savvy business man.

but I will still go watch it as a popcorn flick.

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Wed May 18, 2005 9:23 am

I have watched it last night and my thoughts are set out way below JUST in case you don't want to read it for fear of spoilers

I think that this is easily the best of the first trilogy where story and characters took center stage over the special effects. From the moment the movie started until it ended I was practically glued to my seat in anticipation of what would be the climatic battle and the ultimate ending. True, bad acting were still present but it was largely tampered by good performances from some of the cast members who helped move the story along at a pace that does not drag. This is what Episodes I and II should have been instead of the special effects testing ground and showcase that they were BUT served as the larger background to Episode III. Episode III made the pain of Episodes I and II easier to take and certainly retained the honor of the Jedi again. Once again, it is cool to be a Jedi.

I will be watching this again real soon and loads more time!

May the Force be with you.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed May 18, 2005 11:25 am

Hmmm....like one of my friends said on Mon during an intereview, some of the dialog can really get cracky. But overall all the actions covers up most of the flaws of the movie.

Yes, it is the best of the Prequel Trilogy, much better than TPM & AOTC combined IMHO but wherther it'll beat ESB, will see as I see it more. ;)

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Wed May 18, 2005 12:48 pm

This is the MOST visually stunning IMO without an emphasis on it unlike Ep 1 and 2 where clearly the emphasis was on the visuals and effects. This to me had a good strong story with many elements that tie it all together. Having said that, I would actually be hesitant to compare it with the original trilogy and would prefer to let this be judged in its own right because the story elements, visuals and direction are clearly different from Empire. Just my two cents.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

dfstan

Post by dfstan » Wed May 18, 2005 11:13 pm

EXCELLENT!!! beginning scence were great! however, i got this feeling that Lucas is rushing through the 2-hr movie. why not extend slightly longer, esp on how anakin being tempt to the dark side. anyway, kinda sad is over. now, praying for ep 7,8,9.

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Wed May 18, 2005 11:55 pm

dfstan wrote:EXCELLENT!!! beginning scence were great! however, i got this feeling that Lucas is rushing through the 2-hr movie. why not extend slightly longer,.......
Wait for the DVD :wink:

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”