Clone Troopers = slaves to the republic?

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:48 pm

Ahah!

It's alright.
=)
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

spiffmeister

Post by spiffmeister » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:01 pm

Sev-like wrote:
As to whether stormtroopers are better off then clone troopers. I think the clone troopers are better off. Though stormtroopers are fully independent, the stormtroopers are not allowed any individuality. Just take a look at their armor.
If memory serves, towards the end of the Clone Wars, Palpy already commissioned a second clone army, this time using the Spaarti cylinders. However clones made from this technology were raised to maturity in about 1 year, as opposed to the 10, for Kaminoans.

But these clones were trained using Flash learning, so they were pretty inefficient when it came to actual combat. And as time went on, different templates were used for the cloning process, as AquaFire has said.

However I cannot remember weather it was the Emperor or Grand Admiral Thrawn who came up with the bright idea of using different templates.

I think it was the latter.

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:08 pm

Haha...those are new developments from the new Republic Commando novel: Order 66

I kinda like the idea 'bout that...can't wait for further developments..
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

AquaFire

Post by AquaFire » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:26 pm

spiffmeister wrote:If memory serves, towards the end of the Clone Wars, Palpy already commissioned a second clone army, this time using the Spaarti cylinders. However clones made from this technology were raised to maturity in about 1 year, as opposed to the 10, for Kaminoans.

But these clones were trained using Flash learning, so they were pretty inefficient when it came to actual combat. And as time went on, different templates were used for the cloning process, as AquaFire has said.

However I cannot remember weather it was the Emperor or Grand Admiral Thrawn who came up with the bright idea of using different templates.

I think it was the latter.
According to 501st Journal within SW Battlefront II, after the clone rebellion on Kamino, "the Emperor decided that an army of genetically identical clones was too susceptible to corruption". So different clone templates were used.

The unknown trooper of the 501st Journal also mentioned that "We never really got used to the new guys".
Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, n'jurkad!
Watch my back and I'll watch yours, ner vod.
I'll do requests for clone signatures...

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:39 pm

hm..its was suggested in "Order 66" that the 501st clones weren't "Made in Kamino"...they seem to be from the Centax II batch..along with the shocktroopers.. I'm not really sure, but one of them did say that when he was deployed, the weather was just fine, never seen any rain.. Any self respecting star wars fan will know that Kamino never stops raining lest its summer, even then, only a few days of clear weather....
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

AquaFire

Post by AquaFire » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:43 pm

Yep. (maybe that's the reason why the 501st had no remorse about gunning down clones on Kamino during the Kaminoan uprising!? LOL)

I'm broke, so I'll wait for the NLB to get Order 66 in stock first. T_T
Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, n'jurkad!
Watch my back and I'll watch yours, ner vod.
I'll do requests for clone signatures...

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”