Clone Troopers = slaves to the republic?

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

Impulse

Clone Troopers = slaves to the republic?

Post by Impulse » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:56 pm

As i happen to view around the star wars forum, i found this intersting thread.
:lol: :lol:

http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa? ... 4&tstart=0

How do you feel about the treatment of the clones? The Republic sends them into battle as if they were droids. There is little concern for the well being of them and the excuse is "They're just clones". While they are clones, they are people, capable of emotion, thought, and pain. Yet thousands of them are sent to there deaths everyday. Most of them don't even have names, and none of them are ever allowed to have a personal life. If you ask me, they are slaves to the Republic, the same Republic that outlawed slavery. I think it is unfair.

Discuss!

Extra note: GP(General Paper) essay/argumentative essay may be allowed. (but dun make it bored, please) :wink:

freefly

Post by freefly » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:39 pm

it's their lot in life. their purpose, to serve the GAR. sergeant kal skirata & many others did go the extra length to give them more in life. but to me what's important is that they find a purpose in life. And they did. slaves or not, one thing is certain. they were proud to be soldiers of the republic.

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:48 pm

And if the clones started to get enlightened and start a demostration that "WE WANT PEACE", that's it, the republic is gone.

Nah, was joking ^ .

The fact the clones are genetically altered to be obedient, and less independent than the original host, so they will not think of being treated like slaves with no liberty.

freefly

Post by freefly » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:01 pm

yeah slavery in whatever guise is still slavery, blast those dirty kaminoans. heh anyway majority of the citizens probably treat them as nothing more than drones too. but in my opinion, clonetroopers were relatively more fortunate than stormtroopers. they at least serve the principles of the republic, or rather what's left of it & were lead into war by noble generals.

reading stories of them makes us feel sad that these boys never had a normal childhood. however, in terms of training & lifestyle i believe they are not very different frm their predecessors; except of course for their excellerated growth & the flash training part. they like the mandalorians took orders frm their leader without question & were always in constant warfare. they willingly sacrificed their lives for the cause they were fighting for.

the only glaring difference i find to be unfair (aside frm aging twice as fast) is that they were not given freedom of choice. which is a fundamental human right. however that's still open to debate, cause we find that there were troopers who went against order 66. ultimately though, the whole galaxy was engulfed by the empire & everyone in effect became slaves, so to speak. my point is..these boys led a fulfilling life as soldiers of the GAR. they had a purpose. they had moral support frm each other. And they were proud to serve the republic. what the kaminoans did was & still is wrong. but at the very least, however wrong it is, they gave jango fett a legacy that will remain forever. together..with the jedi knights, the clonetroopers were the true heroes of the clone wars.

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:00 am

Huh? Do not quite follow you.

"slavery"
"took orders frm their leader without question"
"willingly sacrifice" ?
"not given freedom of choice"

:!: :!: :!:
ImageImageImage

freefly

Post by freefly » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:46 am

yeah there seems to be a bit of contradiction here. however, what i was driving at was that the troopers were not unlike real human soldiers in that they were thinking individuals. though this was kinda impaired by the kaminoans who made them less independant & more docile than the aggressive mandalorians. so what they did'nt have is not a freedom of choice, but rather the full spectrum of free choice. what i'm saying is that the life these troopers had were not quite unlike that of the mandalorians. they were warriors. they followed orders (lord mandalore in the case of the mandalorians) without question. they were expected to lay down their lives for their leader as any vaiant soldiers would. what they did'nt realise is that their minds have been messed with cause under no circumstances would any mandalorians serve the republic. however their lifestyles would still have been the same if they did'nt, except that it will be in servitude to lord mandalore. what they lacked was the freedom to choose their leader, making them 'slaves' of palpatine so to speak

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:55 am

Yea kinda contradicting but you have to view it from certain angles of view on each different point. That's where good GP essay writers they know how to write.

freefly

Post by freefly » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:52 pm

hmm i've still yet to read your views on this matter cmdr faie. so, what's yer stand!?

AquaFire

Post by AquaFire » Tue May 29, 2007 5:41 pm

It really IS unfair for the clones. They never got a normal life. Even soldiers in the army can go home once in a while to visit their families. I know clones treat each other as brothers, but it's not quite the same, is it? No biological father and mother.

And you're right, the stormies got the worse deal. At least clone troopers got a chance to have names. Stormies are stuck with "names' like TK-421.

Maybe this is why the world is mostly against the very idea of cloning.

I was wondering what would happen if a clone decided that cloning Palpatine was a nice way of paying him back and started a clone rebellion... joking!
Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, n'jurkad!
Watch my back and I'll watch yours, ner vod.
I'll do requests for clone signatures...

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Tue May 29, 2007 6:59 pm

Worse, they can't refuse Order 66 ...
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Tue May 29, 2007 10:13 pm

It's all how the Clone trooper makes of it..Some did follow orders, others didn't..If I was a clone, I would have stood beside the Jedi, and turned on my Brothers..So long if it was what I thought was right..Or on the other hand ..I would pick up my Dc-15a, and fire into the turned back of my Jedi General, as long as I thought it was Right..

AquaFire

Post by AquaFire » Wed May 30, 2007 3:22 pm

Normal clone troopers can't refuse orders, because the Kaminoans took out that particular gene for defiance (in other words they messed with their DNA). But ARCs can, and some of them did refuse to follow Order 66, as stated in the book Dark Lord. And if you read Republic Commando, you will know that Null ARCs only take orders from Kal Skirata, and no other. (one of them, Ordo, even flattened another normal ARC trooper)

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Thu May 31, 2007 5:12 am

Indeed, Though oddly, I've herd of some Regular clones even making the choice not to follow Order 66..So ..It's questionable..

AquaFire

Post by AquaFire » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:20 pm

Mind stating some examples as to which regular clones didn't follow Order 66? 'Cos I didn't hear about that.

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:10 am

I'll have to trace it, I remember reading it somewhere, off a factual site, about Clones.. leme see if I can find it.

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”