Clone Troopers = slaves to the republic?

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

dr34m

Post by dr34m » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:20 pm

I was just wondering..What happens after the war? Most of the soldiers will probably be given peace keeping task. What about the rest? Do they get put into hibernation or get some kind of domestic work in the society? o_o like being a mailman or something..

AquaFire

Post by AquaFire » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:19 pm

dr34m wrote:I was just wondering..What happens after the war? Most of the soldiers will probably be given peace keeping task. What about the rest? Do they get put into hibernation or get some kind of domestic work in the society? o_o like being a mailman or something..
The clone troopers got converted to stormtroopers. And, this may be non-canonical, but according to the Rise of the Empire 501st Journal, after the clone insurgence on Kamino about 7 years after the Clone Wars ended, the Emperor decided to use other templates to clone future stormtroopers.

I don't think any of the clone troopers got domestic work, though there ARE some who are put into stasis. And then there are some renegades like the Nulls who didn't work for the Empire after the Clone Wars.
Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, n'jurkad!
Watch my back and I'll watch yours, ner vod.
I'll do requests for clone signatures...

dr34m

Post by dr34m » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:47 pm

ooh thanks for the info :) So in otherwords, they pretty much have to serve the empire till they die?

I was also wondering since they have been through accelerated growth, would they die faster then its original host?
Last edited by dr34m on Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:22 pm

Haha...nice topic..just what i'd tried to prove to my friends...

I think the clone troopers are slaves to the Republic by definition..no rights, no nothing. All their lives, they only know war. They have no future too, that i suppose the fans of Karen Traviss' works on the clone troopers know very well. Another point proving that the clone troopers are slaves to the Republic is that the clone troopers do not know much on how to live outside of military. An example is A-30 "Sull", he defected from GAR, yet still stuck on the same planet he was deployed to. Though employed as a civvie, he does not experience much social life. To quote RC-1136 "Darman" : Caged nuna

@dr34m: Jango would easily outlive them, if he were to survive. In-universe, middle age is around 60+ standard years.. So in order to reach old age, the clone troopers merely have to live chronologically for maybe 50 years, then they would have been biologically 100 years old..

@aquafire: Are you serious they are altered to be unable to defy orders? Or are they just altered to be more obedient? Its different 'cuz unable to defy would meant the regular clone troopers are "slaved"[oh the irony] to their commanders. I always thought they are just more obedient, but still able to exercise rationale in the event that the commanders lose their composure..
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Zul

Boba Fett, cloned son of Jango Fett

Post by Zul » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:58 am

Hi Star Wars fans!

I was just wondering, since the topic discussion is about clone troopers; why does Jango Fett require one clone of himself that has no accelerated growth, then name him Boba Fett? Is there any reason stated either in the movies or books for this?

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:02 am

'cuz he wanted an heir to continue Jaster's legacy and revive the Mandalorians...
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

AquaFire

Post by AquaFire » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:25 pm

Sev-like wrote:@aquafire: Are you serious they are altered to be unable to defy orders? Or are they just altered to be more obedient? Its different 'cuz unable to defy would meant the regular clone troopers are "slaved"[oh the irony] to their commanders. I always thought they are just more obedient, but still able to exercise rationale in the event that the commanders lose their composure..
Sorry, my bad. But one does get the impression that regular clone troopers don't defy orders. I only know of clone commanders and ARCs (including Nulls) who defied orders.

Zul

Clone Troopers' Obedience

Post by Zul » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:36 pm

Perhaps the clone troopers, in accordance with Revenge Of The Sith, have ingrained in their dna code the inherent ability to be more obedient to their commanders..............but they reserved their utmost loyalty to Senator Palpatine a.k.a. Darth Sidious who later became Emperor Palpatine. Only a mere verbal command to activate the classified Jedi Purge Code known as Order 66 caused them to disobey their immediate commanders thus eliminating almost all Jedis........

Sev-like

Post by Sev-like » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:39 pm

yeah..i can't remember any sources showing normal clone troopers defying orders anyway..

As to whether stormtroopers are better off then clone troopers. I think the clone troopers are better off. Though stormtroopers are fully independent, the stormtroopers are not allowed any individuality. Just take a look at their armor.

Stormtroopers may have names. Its just that they are like the clone troopers. Nicknames used only in informal settings. Official and formal situations always lead to the troopers being referred to by designated numbers.
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Sev-like

Re: Clone Troopers' Obedience

Post by Sev-like » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:41 pm

Zul wrote:Perhaps the clone troopers, in accordance with Revenge Of The Sith, have ingrained in their dna code the inherent ability to be more obedient to their commanders..............but they reserved their utmost loyalty to Senator Palpatine a.k.a. Darth Sidious who later became Emperor Palpatine. Only a mere verbal command to activate the classified Jedi Purge Code known as Order 66 caused them to disobey their immediate commanders thus eliminating almost all Jedis........
Hehe...not at all impossible. But I'll like to see voice activated genes though...But if what you said is true..then, there shouldn't be cases of clone troops defying orders and refusing to kill their jedi comrades.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum, Zul. Glad to see another star wars fan here.:D..publicity is going well then, i suppose
Ron Chiang
TX 8700
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

AquaFire

Post by AquaFire » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:45 pm

And stormstroopers who aren't civvies enlisted into the army are known to be fanatically loyal to the Emperor. So in this case, I really think that the stormies are unable to defy orders...

Zul

Post by Zul » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:06 pm

Thanks Sev-like for that warm welcome.

Here is another thought: It is perhaps not impossible at all for the clones to defy their commanders' orders, especially in cases where their commanders order them to hunt down Darth Sidious or arrest Senator Palpatine. Mace Windu was smart enough, either knowingly or unknowingly, to distrust the clones by using his Jedi comrades when he tried to arrest the senator. He would have been killed by the clones perhaps?

AquaFire

Post by AquaFire » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:12 pm

Zul wrote:Thanks Sev-like for that warm welcome.

Here is another thought: It is perhaps not impossible at all for the clones to defy their commanders' orders, especially in cases where their commanders order them to hunt down Darth Sidious or arrest Senator Palpatine. Mace Windu was smart enough, either knowingly or unknowingly, to distrust the clones by using his Jedi comrades when he tried to arrest the senator. He would have been killed by the clones perhaps?
Well... technically, Mace Windu didn't get the clones to arrest the Chancellor because he knew Palpatine was a Sith Lord by then, and clones will never stand a chance of even firing a shot that can hit a Sith Lord. But, you're right. Mace Windu doesn't trust the clones (the speculated reason is because they're clones of Jango Fett, who allowed Count Dooku to escape in Episode 2 when he attacked Mace Windu).

Whether the clones will attack Darth SIdious if their Commanders order them to, I don't know. We've never seen an example yet.

BTW, welcome to Star Wars @ SG, Zul! Always a good thing to see a new face here! Mind introducing yourself at the Jedi or Sith? thread?

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:32 pm

Wow
Aquafire.

i love your signature.
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

AquaFire

Post by AquaFire » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:40 pm

assjedi wrote:Wow
Aquafire.

i love your signature.
Thanks. Want me to do a Jedi one? Normally I do requests for clone ones but since we're all part of SW @ SG, why not? xD

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”