ROTS oscar nominations?

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

freefly

ROTS oscar nominations?

Post by freefly » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:40 pm

Could this be Lucasfilm's actual submission for the 78th academy awards

img removed
Last edited by freefly on Thu May 04, 2006 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Release the Good!

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:33 am

Best picture?
Best director?
Best screenplay?
Best supporting actor / actress?

Seriously!?!?!?!? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Warning - viewer discretion advised

freefly

Post by freefly » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:22 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:Best supporting actor / actress?

Seriously!?!?!?!? :shock: :shock: :shock:
i think Ian McDiarmid & Ewan McGregor stands a good chance for best supporting actor. but as for natalie portman.., not in a million! :lol: however, ILM shld really win best visual effects this time round & not let it be given to weta workshop yet again :x
Release the Good!

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:27 am

Weta or ILM? Will really depend on how Narnia / King Kong does.

Thing is that with ILM on ROTS, there's nothing there that we haven't seen before and the truth of the matter remains that while ROTS looks and sounds really good it is not surprising / fresh.

But the jury's definitely still out
Warning - viewer discretion advised

freefly

Post by freefly » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:57 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:Thing is that with ILM on ROTS, there's nothing there that we haven't seen before and the truth of the matter remains that while ROTS looks and sounds really good it is not surprising / fresh.
well Kong isn't fresh either..i mean the whole environment looks bad..and between the gorilla & the general, i think the latter has more to offer in terms of visual experience. and i'd rather pick Mustafar anytime compared to kong's dinoland
Release the Good!

Tomcat

Post by Tomcat » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:27 pm

freefly wrote:
Gandalf Fett wrote:
i think Ian McDiarmid & Ewan McGregor stands a good chance for best supporting actor. but as for natalie portman.., not in a million! :lol: however, ILM shld really win best visual effects this time round & not let it be given to weta workshop yet again :x
I wud prefer Ian McDiarmid as best support as he acts better here.

I think King Kong release may not be in time for next Oscar nomination?
"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the force"

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:53 pm

academy awards = oscars?

what's diff fr emmy awars?
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:57 pm

Academy Awards (Oscars) are for Movies
Emmy Awards are for TV shows

freefly

Post by freefly » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:27 am

Tomcat wrote:I think King Kong release may not be in time for next Oscar nomination?
oh it will be in time.
Release the Good!

freefly

Post by freefly » Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:27 pm

updates from MF.com

edit: img removed
Last edited by freefly on Thu May 04, 2006 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freefly

Post by freefly » Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:28 pm

edit: img removed
Last edited by freefly on Thu May 04, 2006 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freefly

Post by freefly » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:43 pm

hope ROTS wins these three nominations *crosses fingers* :D
the official site wrote:For a number of categories in the 78th Academy Awards, before nominees are selected a list of seven candidates is selected to present their work before a committee of voters. From those seven, three candidates are then selected for a nomination.
Revenge of the Sith has been selected for recognition in three categories, meaning that the film is eligible for nomination in these categories.

Up for the honor of Achievement in Makeup are Creatures Supervisor Dave Elsey, his wife Fabrication Supervisor Lou Elsey, and Makeup Supervisor Nikki Gooley. The makeup award nominating committee has put Sith on the list along with The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Cinderella Man, A History of Violence, The New World, The Libertine, and Mrs. Henderson Presents. Ten-minute clip reels from each of the seven films will be screened for the nominating committee Jan. 28.

In the category of Achievement in Sound Editing, the work of Supervising Sound Editors Ben Burtt and Matthew Wood shares the list with Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, King Kong, Memoirs of a Geisha, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Walk the Line and War of the Worlds. The sound editing award committee will screen 10-minute clip reels from each of the seven films before voting to nominate three.

In the category of Achievement in Visual Effects, Animation Director Rob Coleman, Practical Model Supervisor Brian Gernand, and Visual Effects Supervisors Roger Guyett and John Knoll's work is up for consideration. Episode III joins Batman Begins, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, King Kong and War of the Worlds in the list of candidates.

Fifteen-minute clip reels from each of the seven films will be screened for the visual effects award nominating committee on Wednesday, January 25. At this screening the members will vote to nominate three of the seven films for Oscar® consideration.

Academy Award nominations will be announced on January 31st.
Release the Good!

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:34 am

Arrrrghh.... the nominations are out, and Revenge of the Sith was nominated in only ONE category: David Elsey and Annette Miles for BEST MAKEUP .

I can't believe that it did not get a nod for Best Visual Effects or for Sound Editing.

Although the ROTS score did not get nominated, I am at least comforted by the fact that John Williams was nominated for his two other scores of the year , namely Memoirs of a Geisha and Munich . Phew, at his age, John Williams did 4 scores this year, those three, plus War of the Worlds .

The trouble is that his two nominations might cancel each other out ( with votes split evenly between the two scores ) and the rest of the votes may go to the other nominees . It's happened many times before when one composer is doubly nominated in one category.

I hope Munich wins for best score....

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:11 am

Makeup that blows.!!
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

Tomcat

Post by Tomcat » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:14 am

I'm surprised it was not nominated for best visual & sound. :(
"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the force"

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”