First review that thinks Ep III is mediocre-Spoilers alert

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

Gremlin

First review that thinks Ep III is mediocre-Spoilers alert

Post by Gremlin » Sat May 14, 2005 2:33 pm

Here's the first review that I read that is not awed by the movie...

http://tinyurl.com/9s7vt

Quite a bit of spoilers... guess we won't know how valid the comments are until we've seen it.
"The big advantage of using a lightsaber, of course, is that you can both cut and toast the bagel in one stroke."
--From 'How Lightsaber Works' on Howstuffworks.com
http://gremspot.blogspot.com

sanjaystones

Post by sanjaystones » Sat May 14, 2005 2:40 pm

We have to get used to some so-called movie "critics" who are going to criticize the movie just for the sake of getting attention and being different.
"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Sun May 15, 2005 3:53 pm

well... there's all kinds of people out there.. :lol:

regardless the outcome, this will be the final star wars movie we'll see.
love it or hate it, we know they'll go out in a BANG!

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Sun May 15, 2005 6:53 pm

They lie...........never trust them. :lol:
"The Darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities that some consider to be unnatural.....is it possible to learn those powers? YES, Not from a Jedi..."

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sun May 15, 2005 8:58 pm

The movie is great. :D :D

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Wed May 18, 2005 9:27 am

I have watched it and it is the best of the lot and by lot I mean Episodes I, II and III. Story took center stage over special effects for once in a long time. I am happy and will be watching this again and again and again.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Wed May 18, 2005 10:25 am

Will be watching tonight.....can't wait to be there.....sigh....another 9hr+ to go..... :wink:

Post by 2501 » Wed May 18, 2005 11:01 am

I myself has a same point of view as the guy who wrote the critque. Lucas is not a good film director nor a good script writer at all. I posted my views under another thread on this forum. Just imagine if lucas has to write a script or direct a movie that relies heavily on dialogue and human emotions, and what will the outcome be? Take Adaptation as an example. If he has to direct and script Adaptation the way he did on EP1 to EP3, the sensation will be like eating a bowl of plain porriage.

But, if you receive the film with a simple popcorn flick in mind, it will be just fine. Or you can watch it like you were 10 years old again, and it will be the most magical SFX AWE inspiring film that will capture your childhood more than your mother love.

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Wed May 18, 2005 11:11 am

2501 wrote:.....Lucas is not a good film director nor a good script writer at all. .......
Had this discussion with a friend of mine, and we came to the same conclusion. Still, I'm going into the cinema tonight, leaving behind any expections, and will thoroughly enjoy myself :D

Post by 2501 » Wed May 18, 2005 11:17 am

hbng wrote:
2501 wrote:.....Lucas is not a good film director nor a good script writer at all. .......
Had this discussion with a friend of mine, and we came to the same conclusion. Still, I'm going into the cinema tonight, leaving behind any expections, and will thoroughly enjoy myself :D

Yeah ~_~ me too... going to catch it soon. Already sucked into it! I just want to watch how it finishes. Can't stop at the last episode now. I hate it, but I can't help it. ARGH!

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Wed May 18, 2005 12:53 pm

I agree with the comments above that George's filmmaking and script writing skills leave a lot to be desired - just look at Ep 5 and 6 - story by George but scripted and directed by someone else. He should have done the same for Eps 1 and 2. As for 3 - watch it, probably and possibly enjoy it.... a lot..... and let's talk more in the next couple of days. I know I'm dying to talk more about it.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Thu May 19, 2005 3:28 am

Just watched it.

EPIII is the best of the prequels. Lived up to the hype.
For me, it met my expectations... though could have been better if it has exceeded.

Visually spectacular, average dialogue, emotionally ... good but could have been better. Character build-up was there but the show was too short to give audience an attachment of the characters.

Pacing was much better than EPII but similar to EPI.

Will catch a few more times to digest some scenes and details. Can't wait for the super DVD collection to come.. :lol:

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Thu May 19, 2005 9:48 am

2501 wrote:
Yeah ~_~ me too... going to catch it soon. Already sucked into it! I just want to watch how it finishes. Can't stop at the last episode now. I hate it, but I can't help it. ARGH!

LOL . THAT'S the spirit, man ! Enjoy yourself ! :D

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”