Do you think Mace Windu is alive?

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

Lord_Angelus

Re: Do you think Mace Windu is alive?

Post by Lord_Angelus » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:55 am

Commander Faie wrote:
Lord_Angelus wrote:he kana lighing away... but do you think that he did not die? May be he is hidding somewhere after missing one hand and kana lighing on him...
you jump down a 2 storey building...break limbs...
you jump down a 10 storey building, congrats, ...u in coma, or die.
you jump down a 100+ story building, with force, with lost hand, congrats man, u still will be gone.
But Vader fell from Pretty high building when he was getting the car at the EII. He fell like 100+ too leh...

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:51 am

Lord_Angelus wrote:
But Vader fell from Pretty high building when he was getting the car at the EII. He fell like 100+ too leh...

And then Anakin/Vader landed on a jet vehicle.................so Mace Windu would very likely, after receiving electric shocks from Palpatine, fell from great height in Coruscant and crash into Bruce Willis' space cab and he became the mysterious 6th Element.........

hmmmmmmmmm.............so Do you think Mace Windu is still alive?
ImageImageImage

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:01 pm

Lord_Angelus wrote:
Commander Faie wrote:
Lord_Angelus wrote:he kana lighing away... but do you think that he did not die? May be he is hidding somewhere after missing one hand and kana lighing on him...
you jump down a 2 storey building...break limbs...
you jump down a 10 storey building, congrats, ...u in coma, or die.
you jump down a 100+ story building, with force, with lost hand, congrats man, u still will be gone.
He wasn't hurt then, and was prepared to jump!

for mace windu, he isnt prepared to jump, and he is HURT!!!

freefly

Post by freefly » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:47 pm

lhs1701 wrote:
Dr EMH wrote:
lhs1701 wrote:Siths believe the power cannot be shared. There can be only 2...
Contrary to believe that if Sith don't believe in sharing power, why Two huh? ... should be The One (like Jake Lee's show) :lol:
There can be only two, the master and the apprentice. I don't think this can be argued since this had been quoted so many times.

As for why two, from what I know, the master would need an apprentice, although for Sith, it is not uncommon for the apprentice to kill the master. I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that Sith's power is not be be diluted to too many Siths (this idea was mentioned in comics). Jedi is less stronger than Sith as there are too many Jedi sharing power, I think.

really, I do not know, perhaps someone does?
1000 yrs ago the sith wipe themselves out. This happened in the battle of Ruusan. Only Darth Bane survived. He instituted the 1 Master 1 Apprentice code. This is to prevent another internal self destruction & also to focus all the dark energy into 2 persons. From then on, all Sith carry the title of Darth.

Explanation's from the TPM novel & the comic: Jedi vs Sith

freefly

Post by freefly » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:53 pm

Anyway IMHO if Darth Maul & Boba Fett managed to survive their gruesome deaths, Mace stands a high chance of coming back either in some novel or comics

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:36 pm

If we are following the storyline towards the end SW III... most of the Jedi involved in the Clone Wars and those in the Jedi temple were killed. Yoda and Obiwan returned to the temple to change the signal sent out by the temple for the Jedi to return. It warned the surviving Jedi to hide.

There is a new series... Dark Lord: The Rise Of Darth Vader... in it claims there are more surviving Jedi...

Quirk1: How come the Jedi cannot sense the betrayal or the impending danger i/o being shot down by the clones.

Quirk2: How can the Emperor not known about Leia/Luke whereabouts?
Trust me princess~

freefly

Post by freefly » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:11 am

SoloFalcon wrote: Quirk1: How come the Jedi cannot sense the betrayal or the impending danger i/o being shot down by the clones.

Quirk2: How can the Emperor not known about Leia/Luke whereabouts?
1: "We modified their genetic structure to make them less independent than the original host. As a result they are totally obedient, taking any order without question" - Lama Su

The order came from the commander in cheif of the GAR (ie Palpy), they carried it out, & they never questioned it or even felt that they were betraying their Jedi generals. Since there's no treachery on their part, the Jedis never saw it coming

2. "We must take them someplace where the Sith will not sense their presence" - Kenobi

Furthermore during Padme's funeral procession, her body was made to seem to be still pregnant. Palpy therefore never bothered, thinking that Padme died before giving birth

freefly

Post by freefly » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:17 am

As for those Jedi that managed to escape explanation's here: "But not every Jedi fell victim to Palpatine's plan. Some, either by luck -- or by skill -- or by virtue of the fact that they were not direcly involved in the war, survived" - Star Wars: Republic #79

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:05 am

freefly wrote:As for those Jedi that managed to escape explanation's here: "But not every Jedi fell victim to Palpatine's plan. Some, either by luck -- or by skill -- or by virtue of the fact that they were not direcly involved in the war, survived" - Star Wars: Republic #79
This is only natural. Although subsequently, these Jedi was searched for and hunted down. I suppose these will make interesting stories for the period between Episode 3 and 4.

I have been following Dark Horse comics and the stories of how the Jedi fall one by one during battles in the period between Episode 2 and 3 makes it rather sad.
Find, fix, finish

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:30 am

Now that's an interesting question - is Mace Windu still alive? I would like to offer my thoughts that even though his hand is chopped off, he has just been hit by lighting and is in free fall, his mastery of the Force (if any) should allow him to collect himself soon enough for him to recover and save himself. Because he was so hurt and the events thereafter followed so quickly, he was able to survive and dodge the Clone Troopers long enough for him to also go into exile somewhere else.

He'd probably take on a new name too. Maybe "Jules" and with his power of the Force, he took on a new job as a debt collector. Also because of his failing with the emperor he started to become religious and began quoting from religious sources.... "The path of the Jedi is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of the Sith. Blessed is he, who in the name of the Force, shepherds the weak through the evil Empire, for he is truly the prophecy's keeper and the finder of lost Jedi. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my Jedi. And you will know my name is MACE when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Of course by then, Mace would be more Sith than Jedi.....
Warning - viewer discretion advised

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:32 am

On "always two there are"

From my POV, it's a statement uttered by Yoda and not the Sith and seen within the context of that conversation when Mace asked Yoda if this is the only one, Yoda's answer can be construed as an answer that there are more as opposed to simply there are only ever two Sith in existence at any one time.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:42 pm

lhs1701 wrote:There can be only two, the master and the apprentice. I don't think this can be argued since this had been quoted so many times.
I agreed with Gandalf Fett.

I won't be surprised that both Count Dooku and Darth Maul are Palpatine's apprentice at the same time.
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

freefly

Post by freefly » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:27 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote: From my POV, it's a statement uttered by Yoda and not the Sith and seen within the context of that conversation when Mace asked Yoda if this is the only one, Yoda's answer can be construed as an answer that there are more as opposed to simply there are only ever two Sith in existence at any one time.
Agreed. Though this is due more to treachery on the apprentice's part. Ideally according to Darth Bane's code (which is official), there can only be 2 Sith at any point in time. This is to prevent self-extintion through internal conflicts. But the lust of power usually drives the apprentice to try to usurp his master's position, with the help of his own new apprentice.

In the novel Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, Asajj was essentially asking Dooku take her as his Sith apprenntice (right then she was just a minion). And then together they will overthrow Sidious. If Dooku had went along with it, then there would have been 3 Sith for some time, before either Sidious' demise or Dooku + Asajj's demise.

Vader was also trying to do the same thing in Ep5. He was recruiting Luke to be his new apprentice to overthow the Emperor. And in Ep6, Palpatine was luring Luke to the Dark Side to replace Vader with a better apprentice just as he once sacrificed Dooku to get Anakin in Ep3. Again if Luke had turned there would be 3 Sith, but only for a short time before Vader is disposed.

freefly

Post by freefly » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:31 pm

Anyway, according to LOE Palpy only approached Dooku after Maul's demise in TPM. Again Palpy was following Bane's rule of "a master & a apprentice" "no more, no less"

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:02 pm

Interesting discussion.

I believe some of us had not read the comics hence not familiar with the Sith stories.

There are usually a number of people who are considered of the dark side but I believe not all are considered Sith. I may be wrong here.
Find, fix, finish

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”