4 Knights Against The Emperor

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

gundam_skywalker

4 Knights Against The Emperor

Post by gundam_skywalker » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:36 am

Just re-watched this scene. The three Jedi Masters were killed so easily. If you watch it closely, Palpatine flew and stroke down two Jedis in one stroke. And in less than 5 seconds, the third Jedi is down. They were like sitting ducks. :? GL want to save film also not like that right? :lol: At least give us one minute of lightsaber duel first lah. :lol:

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:38 pm

i'd like to think dark forces at work and those masters really had no time to tackle his attacks, it probably happened too damn fast .....

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:22 pm

128 INT. CORUSCANT-CHANCELLOR’S OFFICE-EARLY EVENING

MACE arrives with THREE JEDI to arrest PALPATINE.

PALPATINE: Master Windu. I take it General Grievous has been destroyed then. I must say, you're here sooner than expected.

MACE WINDU: In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic, you are under arrest, Chancellor.

MACE WINDU and the other JEDI ignite their lightsabers.

PALPATINE: Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?

MACE: The Senate will decide your fate.

PALPATINE: (burst of anger) I am the Senate!

MACE: Not yet!

PALPATINE stands, a laser sword appears out of his cloak sleeve, and he spins toward the JEDI.

PALPATINE: It's treason, then.

A close shot of PALPATINE as the fight begins. Close shots of THREE JEDI getting cut down by PALPATINE. PALPATINE and MACE continue to fight.
--------------------------------------------------
Too fast until the script also can't describe it in details :lol:
ImageImageImage

trooperJ

Re: 4 Knights Against The Emperor

Post by trooperJ » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:00 pm

gundam_skywalker wrote:Just re-watched this scene. The three Jedi Masters were killed so easily. If you watch it closely, Palpatine flew and stroke down two Jedis in one stroke. And in less than 5 seconds, the third Jedi is down. They were like sitting ducks. :? GL want to save film also not like that right? :lol: At least give us one minute of lightsaber duel first lah. :lol:
I agree! These are JEDI MASTERS ready with lightsabers, not your everyday padawan,..
To easily they went down, Lucas was just slacking for this scene

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:37 pm

the slaying of the other masters wasn't that important. what's more important is the duel between Windu and Palpy. that's what we're supposed to focus on.

BTW, the slaying of the masters looks like it's edited out.
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

starscream

Post by starscream » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:31 am

whahahaa....in the cartoons, the trio were expert swordsmen but in the movie.... :?

jayce77

Post by jayce77 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:33 am

starscream wrote:whahahaa....in the cartoons, the trio were expert swordsmen but in the movie.... :?
Well the problem is, that if Palplatine had some trouble dealing with or struggled a bit with them then you'd have people complaining that he's not powerful enough as the Dark Emperor. He should be able to go through those guys like butter.

But if it makes you feel any better, Kit Fisto ( who's one of my fav's )actually had some extra shots that just are'nt in the movie right now. Mabie one day, you never know?

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”