Clone Vehicles and transports (AOTC-Clone Wars-ROTS)

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:26 pm

Swamp Speeder

http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicl ... vie_bg.jpg

Height:
5 meters long
Manufacturer:
Uulshos Manufacturing
Type:
light attack vehicle
Weapon:
Twin blaster cannons
Affiliation:
Galactic Republic, clone trooper

Though the massive walkers used by the clone troopers formed the backbone of the Republic's armored vehicle force, there were times when the plodding transports were impractical. Soft, waterlogged terrain slowed the squat walkers considerably, requiring a greater emphasis on smaller hovering transports to provide transportation and fire support to the infantry. On worlds such as Kashyyyk and Felucia, the two-man swamp speeder fit this need. The open-air fanboat has a pair of twin laser cannons pivot mounted at the front of the craft.

Developed by Aratech, the Infantry Support Platform (ISP) uses a hybrid repulsorlift/vectored fan propulsion system that allows it to hover aloft without touching the tough terrains of the planets where it is assigned. The rear-mounted turbofan can generate a thrust of up to 100 kilometers per hour, which can be reverse vectored in emergencies to provide a sudden stop. The small vehicles are primarily used for anti-infantry support, but the cannons are potent enough to crack the armor of tank droids and shielded droid gunships.
Last edited by e3lipse on Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:28 pm

Acclamator Star Destroyer

http://www.starwars.com/databank/starsh ... vie_bg.jpg

Height:
752 meters long
Manufacturer:
Rothana Heavy Engineering
Type:
Acclamator-class trans-galactic military transport ship
Weapon:
12 quad turbolaser turrets, 24 laser cannons, 4 missile/torpedo tubes
Affiliation:
Galactic Republic
Associations:
Republic assault ship

While the Kaminoans labored to perfect an indomitable clone army, the neighboring shipyards of Rothana were subcontracted to develop the hardware, armor and transports for the new infantry. The bold lines and stark silhouettes of the resulting craft were departures from the polished craftsmanship of personalized styles that marked the final Republic era. Instead, the wedge-shaped assault ships were foreboding harbingers of the new era to come.

At the start of the Clone Wars, the Republic used these titanic transport vessels to deliver clone troopers to the battlefields of Geonosis. Though large, the transports were capable of operating and landing within a planetary atmosphere, deploying hundreds of troops and their vehicles into combat. On Coruscant, an immense staging area of thousands of troops boarded waiting assault ships, ready to continue the fight to preserve the Republic on distant worlds.

The long-standing rift between the commerce guilds and Kuat Drive Yards was aggravated when the Neimoidians took control of the Trade Federation, in an event that resulted in the deaths of key Kuati executives. Distancing themselves from the other corporate titans, KDY partnered instead with the Supreme Chancellery, developing such vessels as the Delta-7 starfighter for the Jedi order.

The secret KDY subsidiary on Rothana crafted the Acclamator-class transport ship. Though designated a transport, the vessel carries enough firepower to be a considerable threat without its carried forces. A dozen quad turbolaser turrets line its surface, supplemented by 24 laser cannons and four missile / torpedo launch tubes.

So effective and impressive were the Acclamator designs that many leading shipbuilders looked on with envy, and began incorporating similar concepts into their own fleets. Rendili Stardrive followed a few short years later with the development of their historic Victory-class Star Destroyers.

The Republic assault ship can carry four dozen AT-TEs, three dozen SPHA-Ts, 320 speeder bikes, 80 Republic gunships, and 16,000 clone troopers.
Last edited by e3lipse on Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:32 pm

SPHA-T Walker
Self Propelled Heavy Artillery - Turbolazer

http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicl ... vie_bg.jpg

Manufacturer:
Rothana Heavy Engineering
Type:
walker
Weapon:
Heavy turbolaser cannon, 12 antipersonnel blaster cannons
Affiliation:
Galactic Republic
Associations:
Clone troopers

The sudden storm of Republic forces on Geonosis consisted of more than clone infantry. The white-armored troopers were augmented by advanced armor airdropped into the battlefield.

An armored juggernaut with incredible firepower, the SPHA-T is a self-propelled laser artillery piece. Rather than having a rotating turret, the entire vehicle can reposition itself by means of twelve articulated legs. Considerably larger than the AT-TE walker, the SPHA-T provides long-range surface-to-surface and surface-to-air fire, coordinated by a crack team of clone troopers. A battery of SPHA-Ts were responsible for shooting down the immense Trade Federation core ships that attempted to escape the first battle of the Clone Wars.

Developed by the engineers of Rothana, technological partners of the Kaminoans, the SPHA-T stands for "self propelled heavy artillery -- turbolaser." The vehicle's central cannon is modular, allowing different artillery units to be fitted with different weapon types, such as ion cannons, anti-vehicle laser cannons or concussion missile launchers. The turbolaser assembly was designed first, and it being the most power-intensive, dictated the design specifications of the walker carriage assembly. The prolonged blast stream of this turbolaser design necessitated a gargantuan reactor core. The cannon's power and support equipment requirements are so robust that it prevented its use aboard large starships.

The articulated leg design offers traction and stability over a wide variety of environment types, and cannot be defeated through anti-repulsorlift electromagnetic attacks the way speeders can. The SPHA-T requires a crew of fifteen clone troopers to operate. Some models are equipped with 12 retractable antipersonnel blasters which necessitate a gunnery crew of ten.
Last edited by e3lipse on Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:17 pm

danchia wrote:Wow , e3lipse !

You are becoming quite the expert on Clones , I see. Thanks for sharing all this interesting information, which I didn't know about.

Good going, man !

haha take from sw webbie
but i put all here easier to refer lor :P

but clones anytime !! they're mine :lol:

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:30 pm

I was digging up some old stuff. This thread should be sticky! upz!

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:32 pm

Don't see why it should be stickied when it is still on the first page...

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”