November 1st 2005 release of Revenge of the Sith DVD

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

Tomcat

Post by Tomcat » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:28 pm

I got the DVD yesty fm Gamophone, they bring in 1 day earlier. Watch the making, deleted scenes & other documentaries. U really get to see juz how difficult it is to make the movie, esp the Mustafar scenes.

Watched the movie today, get a close look at the clone troopers! Hope Hasbro wl make them all, esp the galactic marines, the actual Utapau troopers & the Barc troopers fm Kashyyyk
"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the force"

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:23 pm

Tomcat wrote:I got the DVD yesty fm Gamophone, they bring in 1 day earlier. Watch the making, deleted scenes & other documentaries. U really get to see juz how difficult it is to make the movie, esp the Mustafar scenes.

Watched the movie today, get a close look at the clone troopers! Hope Hasbro wl make them all, esp the galactic marines, the actual Utapau troopers & the Barc troopers fm Kashyyyk

Hi Tomcat, how much did u pay for it?
Is it 5.1 of dts?
ImageImageImage

Tomcat

Post by Tomcat » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:11 pm

$48.95 (code 1). Yes it comes with Eng Dolby 5.1 surround. I think Gramophone got one of the most competitive price around. Maybe someone get better price elsewhere, do let me know & i wl bang my head :)
"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the force"

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:55 pm

Don't worry about it Tomcat, I too went and bought Revenge of the Sith at Gramophone, but I got my version at $28.95 :D (used up my reward points!)
As you can see, my Jedi powers are far beyond yours. Now, back down.

hunter

Post by hunter » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:03 pm

anyone of you know that the rots dvd currently in SG mkt is the canada code 1 version?

the US code 1 version were not brought in due to higher cost as I was told.
not sure whether there will be any difference btw canada and US version.

Commander Appo

Post by Commander Appo » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:05 pm

hunter wrote:anyone of you know that the rots dvd currently in SG mkt is the canada code 1 version?

the only difference will be the French wordings on the disc case.
Commander Appo@Jedi Temple

area503

ROTS DVD code 3, VCD

Post by area503 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:35 pm

Ask salegal at MJ of jurong point, she say VCD and DVD code 3 will be on sale this friday. Anyone got the same info?

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:31 am

hunter wrote:anyone of you know that the rots dvd currently in SG mkt is the canada code 1 version?

Got mine just now. Definitely Canadian copy. Got de French words. 5.1 surround EX & THX.
BlueMax PlazaSing selling next week; price likely $45.90 if the info provided by them is correct and true at their time of tagging. U might wanna check them out. Get region 1 as it's quality usually superior to Region 3.
Yes!! It'll be my Hari Raya Holiday Family Movie, beats Channel 5 offerings hands down!!!
ImageImageImage

hunter

Post by hunter » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:56 am

yeah u r rite......difference only in the french wordings on the cover.......
anyhow, got it at gramophone at $48.95........however hv not seen it at other places.....

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:21 pm

Seems that most the shops that has the DVD is only offering the canadian version.

MJ @ Plaza Sing. is retailing it for $48.90
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:54 pm

I'll just wait for the prices to go down first. I gotta get my VCD first anyway.. then i'll complete my vcd collection :lol:
TPM
AOTC
Clone Wars
ROTS
ANH
ESB
ROTJ :wink:
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:10 am

HAve watched the movie. But somehow the length of movie seems kind of shorter. I remember in the cinema, the show seems like forever to end.
Eg. the opening battle sequence seems shorter on DVD. Then there's the clones invading Utapau and the battle at the Wookies' homeland.
Perhaps it's just my imagination............ :roll: :roll: :roll:
ImageImageImage

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:24 pm

masterjamous wrote:HAve watched the movie. But somehow the length of movie seems kind of shorter. I remember in the cinema, the show seems like forever to end.
Eg. the opening battle sequence seems shorter on DVD. Then there's the clones invading Utapau and the battle at the Wookies' homeland.
your imagination lah.....because u watched it before liao...so it seems faster the second time..

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:17 pm

adamteo wrote:
masterjamous wrote:HAve watched the movie. But somehow the length of movie seems kind of shorter. I remember in the cinema, the show seems like forever to end.
your imagination lah.....because u watched it before liao...so it seems faster the second time..
Why cant lucas add in 1hr more of scenes, just like LOTR :P
Add like space battles and stuff , no more padme anakin stories...

Anyway. Bobafett81 on sgcollect reports that many retail outlets would be getting their DVDs soon and it would be cheaper than what Tomcat paid
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:07 pm

e3lipse wrote: Why cant lucas add in 1hr more of scenes, just like LOTR :P
Add like space battles and stuff , no more padme anakin stories...

Anyway. Bobafett81 on sgcollect reports that many retail outlets would be getting their DVDs soon and it would be cheaper than what Tomcat paid
Ayah, after so many years u still donch know the True Emperor's pattern meh?
Be patient, there'll bound to be a director's cut / special edition box set in the pipeline in the not too distant future, say next summer or christmas or SW anniversary.
BE cool.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”