November 1st 2005 release of Revenge of the Sith DVD

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

danchia
Site Admin

November 1st 2005 release of Revenge of the Sith DVD

Post by danchia » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:04 pm

This November 1st will be a landmark day for fans to celebrate the saga with two major releases in Star Wars home entertainment. The explosive and emotional finale to the saga,Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, arrives on DVD and Star Wars Battlefront II, the sequel to the most successful Star Wars game ever, arrives on Xbox, Playstation 2, Windows PC and Sony PSP formats.

Lucasfilm and Fox Home Entertainment present a two-disc set for the Revenge of the Sith DVD, with uncompromising picture and sound mastered directly from the original digital source material. The DVD will include a brand-new full-length documentary produced by Lucasfilm Ltd. as well as two new featurettes -- one that explores the prophecy of Anakin Skywalker as the Chosen One, and the other that looks at the movie's amazing stunts. A 15-part collection of Lucasfilm's groundbreaking web documentary series, Making Episode III, will also be included in the set. A two-level playable demo of Star Wars Battlefront II is also included on the DVD.

"Revenge of the Sith gave audiences an extraordinary experience, and we want this DVD to do the same," said Jim Ward, Vice President of Marketing and Distribution for Lucasfilm Ltd. "From the beginning of production, George wanted to be sure we chronicled everything that went into the making of Episode III specifically to create an incredible DVD experience. This DVD has literally been three years in the making, and it's going to be a fantastic way to complete the Star Wars saga at home."

In addition to its November 1st debut in the U.S. and Canada, Revenge of the Sith debuts on DVD in most major territories around the world on or about the same day.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/rel ... 50725.html

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:31 pm

Now, I'm wondering if I wanna wait for my guys at Bluemax to save me a copy and risk their shipment coming in late or just pre-order it direct from Amazon.com instead? Ma, decisions decisions decisions!!!!
Warning - viewer discretion advised

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:45 am

Gandalf Fett wrote:Now, I'm wondering if I wanna wait for my guys at Bluemax to save me a copy and risk their shipment coming in late or just pre-order it direct from Amazon.com instead? Ma, decisions decisions decisions!!!!
I work in Suntec and have been constantly comparing Bluemax prices against that of Amazon.COM (inclusive of postage and shipping) and found in every case, Amazon.COM ones are cheaper.

I am a regular at Bluemax and often they are months too late.
Find, fix, finish

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:45 am

lhs1701 wrote:I work in Suntec and have been constantly comparing Bluemax prices against that of Amazon.COM (inclusive of postage and shipping) and found in every case, Amazon.COM ones are cheaper.

I am a regular at Bluemax and often they are months too late.
Well, that saved me some time to do any further research - thanks a very lot man. And your info has also confirmed for me what I need to do next.

Watch out Amazon! Here I come!!!

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:05 pm

Did you factor in the shipping costs Ihs1701? Don't forget other places like Lazerfare.
As you can see, my Jedi powers are far beyond yours. Now, back down.

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:08 am

Count Dooku wrote:Did you factor in the shipping costs Ihs1701? Don't forget other places like Lazerfare.

Herr count, care to enlighten which location / branch. Please, I thank you in advance. :shock: :D :D :D
ImageImageImage

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:55 pm

I believe there is a Lazerfare at Funan and a Gramphone as well

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:05 pm

I am only responding with regard to the costs at Bluemax because there is a shop there at Suntec and as I pop in frequently, I can get a feel of their prices vs Amazon.

I have no idea of the prices of Laserflair or Gramaphone.
Find, fix, finish

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:02 pm

i am waiting for the ultimate star wars dvd collection...

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:40 am

I would get the ROTS VCD version only as this would complete my Star Wars VCD collection.

I would wait to see if there is any special release for I to III before I purchase the DVD version.
Find, fix, finish

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:13 pm

I am not going to bother. I will just pick up the DVD version of ROTS to complete my collection. After all, I can always borrow the extended version from one of you guys if it comes out. :lol:

Tomcat

Post by Tomcat » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:57 pm

Seem that there are no mentions of deleted scenes to be featured?
"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the force"

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:20 am

I am sure the ROTS will include deleted scenes.

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:22 pm

Having some problems ordering from Amazon.com, so any other online good sources for getting Code 1 DVDs? Anyone got any recommendation??

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:50 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:Having some problems ordering from Amazon.com, so any other online good sources for getting Code 1 DVDs? Anyone got any recommendation??

You have problems with amazon ? Hmmmm, how strange.... I order my dvds from amazon all the time and have had perfect service.

What happened ? You can pm me if you like.... I'll see if I can help you. :)

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”