Who here thought Count Dooku died too easily

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

Count Dooku

Who here thought Count Dooku died too easily

Post by Count Dooku » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:04 pm

I enjoyed Episode III, but the biggest complain I have is the fact that Count Dooku died so easily. Granted Anakin is suppose to be the chosen one, but Count Dooku is one of the finest swordsman to come out of the Jedi. Surely, he could have given Anakin a tougher time.
As you can see, my Jedi powers are far beyond yours. Now, back down.

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:56 pm

Same thing bother me when Anakin was defeated by Obiwan ... Obiwan may be wiser, but come to swordsmanship, I reckon Anakin is more skillful ... :roll:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Jackle

Post by Jackle » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:15 am

yeah in the movie he died way too fast... but in the book anakin and obiwan tricked him by using a basic style then suddently switching to a more advanced style to catch him off balance

anakin's fighting style is more to the aggressive side while obiwan's style is more to the defensive side, anakin may be more skilled but obiwan held his own because his defence was excellant.

to me i didnt see the reason obiwan won because he was a better swordsman but he saw an oppotunity to get to higher ground first, thus making anakin more vulnerable. and anakin's hardheadedness didn't put him at a better position either...

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:14 am

The battle between (Anakin + Obiwan) vs (Count Dooku) was much better documented in the novel. It was indeed too easy in the movie. Actually in the novel Anakin was also losing to Count Dooku, however, with prompting from Palpatine to ask Anakin to tap into his anger (hence the dark side powers), Anakin was able to overcome Count Dooku.

The battle between Anakin vs Obiwan was also much better in the novel. It described how Anakin was winning and Obiwan using strategy was able to defeat Anakin, not the easy way it was shown in the movie.

I believe the third disappointment was the way the veteran Jedis was so easily defeated by Palpatine when they went to get him. The way described in the book was much more believable, through stealth rather than skill although Palpatine was clearly highly skilled. In the novel, Mace Windu did not have an easy time with fighting Palpatine.
Find, fix, finish

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:59 pm

Yeah - why bother having so many Jedi show up only to concentrate on Mace Windu vs Sidious. It probably would have been better to just have Windu go confront Sidious alone. This would show his arrogance more.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:26 pm

I also find it rather amusing that Palpatine's face is being disfigured after draining too much power from Windu's lightsaber ... I thought Palpatine's evil face in SW6 is a result of old age ... :roll:

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:58 pm

Old age plus corruption from overuse of the dark side of the force. It actually begs the question of why Luke was not disfigured though. Though I can accept the explanation the the bolts were reflected off Mace Windu's Lightsaber and that was the factor that disfigured Sidious' face.

Speaking of which, and this may have been discussed elsewhere already but what the hey, why is Mace Windu's LS purple!?!?!? I'd like to think that there is some impurity in the crystal or some other more obscure reason and perhaps it was that impurity that led to the disfigurement of Sidious. This would equally explain why Luke was not disfigured.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:18 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:why is Mace Windu's LS purple!?!?!?
I used to play PC game "Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast", one of the crack code allows u to change the lightsaber color ... red, orange, green, yellow, etc.

Btw, here's the Cheat Codes (if u are still playing this game) ...

(1) Shift+Ctrl+~
- To call up the cheat screen

(2) TYPE helpusobi 1
- To activiate cheats

(3) TYPE give all
- To equip with all weapons, include lightsaber

(4) TYPE SetForceAll 3
- To set max Force level

(5) TYPE SaberColor red OR SaberColor orange OR ...
- To change the color of your lightsaber anytime.

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:30 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote: Speaking of which, and this may have been discussed elsewhere already but what the hey, why is Mace Windu's LS purple!?!?!? I'd like to think that there is some impurity in the crystal or some other more obscure reason and perhaps it was that impurity that led to the disfigurement of Sidious. This would equally explain why Luke was not disfigured.
There is a recent Dark Horse comic which showed how Mace Windu got the rare crystal that made his blade purple.
:P
Find, fix, finish

Darth Avenrair

Post by Darth Avenrair » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:09 pm

I agree. The veteran Jedi died too easily... Are they not members of the Council? and I thought Council members were chosen from the best of the masters? Count Dooku also died too easily... he should still be of a challenge even though Anakin's "powers have doubled" since they last met.

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:34 pm

Mace Windu lightsaber is purple because Samual Jackson asked for a different colour. There is a scene in the extras in Episode II DVD where Samual Jackson is asking George Lucas about lightsaber colours. Georges goes, Jedi are green and blue and Sith are red, to which Samual Jackson says, "yeah, but could I have a purple one". The rest is history :wink:
Last edited by Count Dooku on Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:35 pm

Count Dooku wrote:Mace Windu lightersaber is purple because Samual Jackson asked for a different colour. There is a scene in the extras in Episode II DVD where Samual Jackson is asking George Lucas about lightersaber colours. Georges goes, Jedi are green and blue and Sith are red, to which Samual Jackson says, "yeah, but could I have a purple one". The rest is history :wink:
Count Dooku, kind of ironic that you turn up in a thread discussing your demise.
:D
Find, fix, finish

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:39 pm

Ha ha, very funny. I just do not see how Dooku was able to have been beaten so easily by young Skywalker.

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:59 pm

Count Dooku wrote:... Georges goes, Jedi are green and blue and Sith are red, to which Samual Jackson says, "yeah, but could I have a purple one". The rest is history :wink:
Perhaps GL give Sam a dice with 6 sides, each diff colors (red, green, blue, purple, orange, yellow), and Sam throw the dice ... the rest is history, hehe ... :lol:

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:16 pm

the novel has a more detailed fight of anakin and dooku and how sidious kept stirring anakin to give in to his anger thus turning to the dark side ...

dooku on the other hand never expected this part of sidious' plan and moreover he is already old as mentioned in the novels while anakin is young and spirited ...

i guess the reason why those jedi masters were slaughtered that fast was because the jedis had not encountered any sith for a millenia and it really came as a surprise for them and that of course resulted in their death ...

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”